Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 911 call last night

Boy, what a night last night.

College classes start this Monday, so we've had a multitude of new students roaming the city for the last week looking for parties and mischief.

I was working last night, responding to the many loud and insane parties littering the neighborhoods of our normally peaceful burg. At around 0200, as our shift is winding down, my partner and I take it back into the station and take our paperwork down to dispatch. As we walk in, we hear a 911 call coming in.

The dispatcher gets on the phone and her expression changes to one of distgust.

"Ma'am, are you calling to report a crime? How do you know a crime has been committed."

A pause...

"So ma'am let me get this straight, you heard somebody yelling 'Yoohoo' and you think they just committed a crime of some sort?"

A pause...

"OK we'll send someone out." At this point, everyone in the office has their eyes on this dispatcher as she is logging the call. Then she dispatches it over the air...

"Unit X, respond to a possible vandalism call in area of x. RP states that she heard subjects yelling 'YOOHOO'....etc"

Then a certain member of the brass gets on the radio and says "[Callsign] can you 10-9 [repeat] what the RP was saying?"

Dispatch: "[callsign] Check your MDC."

Right now, everyone in dispatch is cracking up and the dispatcher on the call is blushing.

Then another certain member of the brass radios in.

"[Callsign] to [Callsign] that would be... 'Yooooooooo-Hoooooooo.'"

Then about 5 minutes later the responding officer radios in.

"[Callsign] 10-97 [On scene] unable to locate vandalism or YooHoo."

I damn near fell out of my chair.

Edit: Oh and then there was the lady who called 911 to report a loud party.
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Awesome!! Thanks, I needed that
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
    Ronald Reagan

Comment

Thats funny!!! I love it when the mental call on 911 saying that people are coming out of there walls, etc. Or how about that ghost are making them injected posion into them. I personally like the little old lady saying that little green men are coming out of her sink.
      Officer Schilling ]

Comment

Originally posted by hellhound130
        Thats funny!!! I love it when the mental call on 911 saying that people are coming out of there walls, etc. Or how about that ghost are making them injected posion into them. I personally like the little old lady saying that little green men are coming out of her sink.
        It never actually occured to me that 911 actually get calls like that. That must make for some interesting shifts. Much more interesting than getting calls at work by people who want to know what the warranty on toilet paper is.

Comment

Or how about someone calling to see if they have a warrant, then we have to tell them they have to come down the station to find out, we cant give that information over the phone
          Officer Schilling ]

Comment

Originally posted by hellhound130
            Or how about someone calling to see if they have a warrant, then we have to tell them they have to come down the station to find out, we cant give that information over the phone
            Can you guys give out ANY information over the phone? I hate having to drive all the way downtown just to tell them something that'll take like 2 minutes to tell them over the phone.

Comment

Poor dispatchers

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                Can you guys give out ANY information over the phone? I hate having to drive all the way downtown just to tell them something that'll take like 2 minutes to tell them over the phone.
                Why would you tell someone that they have a warrant over the phone?
                Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

I was a dispatcher before I went on the road. It is crazy the things people call 911 about. Looking for phone numbers,directions...it's unreal. We have a hospital that has a psychiatric ward...there are pay phones in every hallway so we get them calling to 'report' all kinds of things.
                  My all time favorite was probably a woman who called frantically one night about someone or something being trapped. She finally calmed down enough to where you could understand her.
                  She reqested the FD...because her Guinea Pig was trapped in her son's toy truck. She did not understand why we would'nt dispatch the FD to extricate a Guinea Pig from a toy truck.
                  It was comical to say the least.

Comment

I got a call once from a woman asking if its all right for a raccoon to walk out on the sidewalk. I think she was afraid it had rabies. Or how about a mental that called saying that George Bush was telling her to posion her dogs.
                    Officer Schilling ]

Comment

Its always funny when you get into this buisness how you get to know the crazy people in your communities. We have one women who sometimes calls in, and will literally report anything. I remember one of the first calls we got from this lady is when she reported one of her neighbors "screwing a chicken." The last one I recall that we got was 5000 iraqi's had come up on shore to invade. Also the women claims to know president bush and claims to have retired from the CIA. Apparently when she calls the local sheriffs department, they forward her on to us!

Comment

911 Calls

While some of the bogus 911 calls are amusing, no doubt it is frustrating to the dispatchers who must be professional. There should be more public education programs out there for proper 911 usage.

Case in point:

911 tape (wma format)

Comment

I got you all beat! The other night our dispatcher put out a "suspicious chicken" call. Seems someone calle in that someone saw a guy walking down the street & a chicken was following him which they thought seemed "suspicious" . The funnier part is the chicken was walking in the direction of a "Church's Fried Chicken" store. Could he have been late for "work"?

Comment

Originally posted by Soon2Be

Case in point:

911 tape (wma format)
                            ROFLMAO!!! Too funny! All that over a bloody burger.

Did the police eventually end up going there to arrest the lady for harassing the BK employees?

And I thought Wal-Mart customers were dumb. You got me beat.
                            Last edited by Spee-Dee; 09-20-2005, 04:45 PM.

Comment

LMAO
                              oh man that's great...
                              Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2781 users online. 117 members and 2664 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X