I am....

I am a Past Master of my Lodge as well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
    United States Army
    5th Special Forces Group
    Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
    Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
    Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

• CLB2112
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2005

You guys have any past brushes with Mason members who expected special treatment from yourselves???
      "I once killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die..."

Comment

• SCConstable2004
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2004

I also am a PM of my lodge here. I have yet to be asked for favors, but when observing the guy I am interacting with, I look for any jewelry, tats, clothes, etc. that may clue me in to who I am dealing with. Consequently, I avoid giving him the chance to make a connection and ask for a "favor." Besides, I am much more likely to be tied to the badge next to me than the subject in front of me.

Comment

• ptcop531
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2004

I am only a Reserve Deputy, so I do not work all the time, so I do not run into that many. However, a police officer I do not know is more likely to get some 'courtesy' than a Brother Mason I do not know get prefrential (sp) treatment.
          I am obligated to a Brother Mason on many things, but........ if he needs to be arrested for whatever I would arrest someone else for, I will arrest him.
          Any thing I have descretion on, I would probably give him a break, but it would depend on his attitude, as it does with non-Masons.

My former full time job was a hospital security officer. There, If I found a Brother Mason in the ER as a patient, or loved one of a patient, I would go out of my way to do what I could to help him. Be it get him a cup of coffee from my office instead of a coffee machine, or a soft drink, may talk to his nurse to make sure he got taken care of quicker, stuff like that or to just be there for him to talk to or anything I could do to help him.
          United States Army
          5th Special Forces Group

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

• Bodie
            No Longer Active
            • Feb 2004

Anybody part of LEO PROVOST ????

Comment

• ptcop531
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2004

We do not have that here in the Southern part of Indiana, perhaps they may in Indy....
              United States Army
              5th Special Forces Group

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

• HCSO511
                Sayeth me!
                • Apr 2005

when i was first looking at joining i asked the guy trying to get me in about dealing with another mason on a crime and he put the answer to me well. he said that if he stopped another mason for speeding or a minor traffic violation he would probably cut him loose or get him a ride if it was alcohol related. but if it was a domestic or serious offense then that man is not acting like a mason and isnt living up to the oath he is sworn to live by.

we have an orginization that trys to keep a good face with the public and keep a brotherhood going but we also have a job to do. just because the man is a mason doesnt give him any special priveliges to break the law at will. i have never had to deal with a mason in a position where he had done a serious offense or felony but if i do the fact that he is a mason will not affect my judgement of what to do. as we all know masons that are masons for the right reason strive to live right and just and as long as they do that we shouldnt have to deal with one in a professional capacity.

Comment

• ptcop531
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HCSO511
                  when i was first looking at joining i asked the guy trying to get me in about dealing with another mason on a crime and he put the answer to me well. he said that if he stopped another mason for speeding or a minor traffic violation he would probably cut him loose or get him a ride if it was alcohol related. but if it was a domestic or serious offense then that man is not acting like a mason and isnt living up to the oath he is sworn to live by.

we have an orginization that trys to keep a good face with the public and keep a brotherhood going but we also have a job to do. just because the man is a mason doesnt give him any special priveliges to break the law at will. i have never had to deal with a mason in a position where he had done a serious offense or felony but if i do the fact that he is a mason will not affect my judgement of what to do. as we all know masons that are masons for the right reason strive to live right and just and as long as they do that we shouldnt have to deal with one in a professional capacity.
                  Well said, my Brother..
                  United States Army
                  5th Special Forces Group

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

• smokin4u
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by CLB2112
                    You guys have any past brushes with Mason members who expected special treatment from yourselves???
                    I am also a mason but while on duty I do not wear my Blue Lodge ring or anything that would idenify me as such. It just avoids that situation. Heck, I don't even wear my wedding band after nearly ripping my ring finger off in a foot chase. I got it caught on the trunk trying to slingshot myself around my patrol car. The only thing I wear now is a cheap stop and rob watch.

Comment

• DARRELL_LEE2000
                      URBAN LEGEND
                      • Jun 2005

Mason Make Good Men Better.

Comment

• letshearit4blue
                        Nozzle Nut Medic
                        • Apr 2005

Maybe I missed something...
                        What's a mason?
                        Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

• RabbitMPD
                          Victory is mine!!!!
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by letshearit4blue
                          Maybe I missed something...
                          What's a mason?
                          To really find out you need to join. Although they are very good at giving great answers to any of your questions. Only thing I suggest is if you
                          It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

• JustDontDie

Isn't it a lot like shriners?

When I lived in Mobile, AL this was located down the road from my house (in walking distance):

Edit:
                            From reading a little on the site I found that yes, the people on my website are freemasons. They say if you have questions or want literature contact:
                            [email protected]

Comment

• HCSO511
                              Sayeth me!
                              • Apr 2005

masons are shriners, the shrine is the furthest step in the process of masonry.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19419 users online. 54 members and 19365 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...