300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police officer.....special question

I just discovered I have TypeII diabetes. I noticed my vision blured when I took David to the dr. I washed my glasses but it was still blurred. And I could see perfectly without my flasses ecept I couldn't see the words in books to read.
    I am on a special diet, meds and watch what I eat. The blurriness should go away as I get my counts down to 110-120. But, this morning, it was 394. I've gotten it down to 272. ALl this will take time as I experiment with what I can and can not eat. Sweets are out, of course. I have to take my counts before each meal, then 1 and 2 after.
    The problem is driving. On my license it says I must wear glasses but things are blurry with them. I went to the optometrist and she sais she can do nothing until I get my counts leveled.
    I guess my only option is to go to an opthamalogist to see what he says but I think he will say the same thing.
    The problem is that my husband finally got a job so I will be driving my son back and forth to work. We are looking for car pools or someone to take him in.
    I can't drive without my driving and I can't see with them. lol But, my eyes could chage to where I need my glasses to drive. Help! Any suggestions?

I found out that I had Type II about a year and a half ago. The number one thing you can do is EXERCISE!!!!! Aerobic exercise is absolutely key to getting your body to use the insulin. In my case, my body makes plenty of insulin, but the cells don't want to use it.
    My counts went from 475 to 120-160. Take your meds, go REEEAAALLL easy on the carbs, and exercise RELIGIOUSLY, and you will see your counts go to where you want them.
    A Type II Diabetic can commit suicide over a decade, or can live a long, happy life.......you are 100% in control of your treatment!
    Good Luck.....you CAN do it!!!!!!

Comment

I'm having a real hard time accepting it. I have a sick son and a husband who just got a job that has him traveling 4 out of 5 days. I have a hard time with everything right now. This is one thing I don't need. I try to exercise but it'svery hard when I am so depressed over my life.
      I have lost my faith in God and, no matter what I do, I can't sem to find it. My H, my son and I have suffered terrbly with one thing after another these last 11 years. When my son was told he could have the surgery he so desperately wanted to live a normal life by a nirse, then told by a dr the nurse was wrong, it did something to me.
      I can't understand how God allowed that to happen.
      People keep telling me he and his angels are there but I have lost faith. I have vever thought I'd say this, but I'm not sure if there is a God or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi:
        I'm having a real hard time accepting it. I have a sick son and a husband who just got a job that has him traveling 4 out of 5 days. I have a hard time with everything right now. This is one thing I don't need. I try to exercise but it'svery hard when I am so depressed over my life.
        I have lost my faith in God and, no matter what I do, I can't sem to find it. My H, my son and I have suffered terrbly with one thing after another these last 11 years. When my son was told he could have the surgery he so desperately wanted to live a normal life by a nirse, then told by a dr the nurse was wrong, it did something to me.
        I can't understand how God allowed that to happen.
        People keep telling me he and his angels are there but I have lost faith. I have vever thought I'd say this, but I'm not sure if there is a God or not.
        Mitzi,

Ask some friends and family if they know a clergyman personally. When you get a couple of names, call them and make an appointment. And MAKE the time to go....no excuses. Talk to 2 or 3 if possible.

God allows us to make choices. Choose to talk with someone that's in touch with their spirituality. Although it might not make your problems "go away", it can be very essential for your emotional well being. This, in turn, will allow you to think more clearly and deal with your troubles with renewed strength.

I would wish you luck, but you don't need luck. You need motivation. Now, get going while the gettin's good. *smile*

Peace,
        Vicki

Comment

My relationship with God has always been very personal. I am an introvert. There is, unfortunately, no one I could ever talk to, a minister, a priest, that honestly would ever make any difference to me.
          When I talk to someone spiritual, I usually am filled with total distrust. I feel they just spout off what they have read. How could they POSSIBLY know how I feel?
          My conversations with God have always been private. I do not go to church, Sunday school or Bible study. I consider it all false.
          I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but my relationship with God was always with me, God and my bible.
          I am no longer talking to God. I, for the first time in my whole lie, question whether there is one. I never thought I would say that.
          I see so much suffering in this world. We have suffered so much and to be honest, have had more then our share. There will be more too. I no longer pray for good things to happen. I just wait for the next trial we have to go through because that is the way it has been for 11 years....one thing after another. I took everything thrown at me and prayed and held on to God's words, even when my child got so sick. But, when this surgery was given then taken away, that was it.
          I don't think I believe in a kind-hearted God anymore. At least, I have never felt one in my life.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4343 users online. 246 members and 4097 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X