300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Police Instructors Accused of "Hazing" Recruits

I find some of these accusations hard to believe...

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...ticleid=102785

Ex-statie cadets detail academy hazing horrors
    By Maggie Mulvihill and Michele McPhee/ Herald Exclusive
    Friday, September 16, 2005 - Updated: 04:02 AM EST

Hazing at the state police academy was so vile that one recruit was ordered to wear a classmate's soiled underwear
    Last edited by BrickCop; 09-16-2005, 05:53 PM.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

I would think the drop out rate would be much higher if those accusations are true, but what do I know.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

did i read that right, 82 have dropped since june,,,thats pretty high,,but i also find some of that hard to believe,

Comment

well... in all honesty... i cant say what is true and not true, but from what i have heard from a friend who attended a state police academy basic session 2 years ago explained to me that things are pretty tough... alot of those things described above were similar to what he had to put up with... so i believe the majority of that info just very well may be accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by VAsteve20
          well... in all honesty... i cant say what is true and not true, but from what i have heard from a friend who attended a state police academy basic session 2 years ago explained to me that things are pretty tough... alot of those things described above were similar to what he had to put up with... so i believe the majority of that info just very well may be accurate.
          poopy underwear,,,come on...all the yelling and name calling, yea,, but poopy underwear and a swirly,,,

Comment

well... poopy underwear was never mentioned, but the swirly deal, and a bunch of things up to that amount of humiliation...

Comment

they actually said that the instructors gave them (the ones you know) a swirley,,,,,
              i know they yell a lot and call you names, and try and make you cry, or smoke your butt with grass drills till you cant think, but i find the others hard to believe, anyone with half an *** for a brain knows that they would get busted for that.

Comment

How did I know that Brickcop would eventually post that link here?

The 77th RTT will be the last of an era. PC libs and civilians will soon get their grubby little hands on this training, and it will become yet another victim of the "don't hurt my feelings" generation.

Notice how they only found QUITTERS to interview?
                Last edited by SinePari; 09-17-2005, 03:57 AM.
                Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

Originally posted by SinePari

The 77th RTT will be the last of an era. PC libs and civilians will soon get their grubby little hands on this training, and it will become yet another victim of the "don't hurt my feelings" generation.

However you feel about that, if those accuactions are correct, then its totally wrong. No one has the right to do that to another person, wherever you are. I have been through all the training bull**** ect.. slam you down, run you into the ground, rebuild ya back up ect.. but those tactics should have no room in the LE field.

Comment

They probably aren't going to get the current class to say anything, they'll only refer all questions to the PIO, as is SOP in most departments.

Comment

eh... the quitters could have a sour taste in their mouths becuase they were forced to quite or couldnt hack the mental portion of the training...
                      who knows...
                      but i can honestly say... if i got a swirly as an adult, i would have to think about quiting as well lol... hell, i remeber the kids that got swirlies back in highschool... one blew his head off... but the key word being highschool... the academy isnt highschool. so im going to have to agree with the people saying that these tactics shouldnt be utilized...

Comment

[QUOTE=BrickCop] ...one recruit was ordered to wear a classmate's soiled underwear
                        Last edited by LawEnfWB; 09-21-2005, 11:00 PM.

Comment

That is not the professionalism I expect from a training agency.

Making students work and sweat their arse off are one thing. Physical abuse is totally offside.

There are ways of weeding out the weak without resorting to hazing.

Comment

Its not called a swirly.....it is called "State Police brainwashing technique."
                            What we are dealing with here.......is a complete lack of respect for the law (Sheriff Buford T. Justice)

Comment

Originally posted by LawEnfWB
                              It looks like the brass have their heads buried in the sand or are deliberately ignoring the shameful conduct of the guilty parties. After all 82 recruits resigned. If the allegations are true the guilty instructors should be prosecuted and anyone who aided and/or abetted the instructors' abuses should be terminated and prosecuted. Putting someone's head in a toilet constitutes battery. And of course physical abuse is a prosecutable offense. If these morons wanted to participate in sorority hazing then they should have quite the force and enrolled in college and joined a sorority. This kind of conduct does not belong in law enforcement period.
                              I know a recruit in the current SPA class who says while the training is grueling it has not been abusive. This recruit did not see/experience any of the abusive incidents listed in the story but stated some of the stuff meant to break you is pointlessly juvenile and unrelated to LE (former Town cop).

I did see a post in another forum by a person claiming to be a Trooper saying recruits sometimes had to stare at dirty toilets "close up" but did not have to put their heads IN them. This guy could have been a Wal Mart greeter for all I know so take it with a grain of salt.

The MSP has always had a high dropout rate in the first few weeks but I think that's more a case of a lack of heart than abuse. If the abuse accusations are true that would be a shame because there is no reason for the MSP to do type of crap, no pun intended.

Sine- I honestly did not post this as a dig at the SPA, I was just trying to generate discussion, I personally think some of the abuse allegations are overblown or inaccurate, a professional outfit like the MSP should have a grueling "weed out the recruits w/no heart" Academy. However IMO they should make sure that the induced stress has some relation to LE. No civilian will ever make a cop stare at a dirty toilet.
                              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2960 users online. 159 members and 2801 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X