X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Member #3 eyed bee veree interestid in noing whut kinda kar ewe dryve

Kare to phil us inn

Comment

Fast_1, Z rated tires are for driving at high speeds. I have a great set of Z's on my car, they look great and my car wouldn't perform as it does without them. If you plan to drive in the snow though, you're best off getting a different wheel that is standard size for your car. I bought a tire package that has steel wheels and snow tires that are the standard size for my car. I think it's a waste to buy performance snow tires.

They hurt your pocket though when it's time to replace them. I've had alignment problems with my car and have bought 4 sets of tires in the last 3 1/2 years at $800 - 900 a set, OUCH!

Comment

I guess it's time to say a couple fourteen words on the subject. I own a SUV, but it's not one of these plastic yuppie grocery getting taking the kids to soccer games SUV. It's a firebreathing, steel on steel, yank hard to get into 4-lo, get out and turn the hubs, mud tire whining K-5. Guess what? My truck (it's the original Avalanche)gets just as good gas mileage as these new plastic pieces of garbage. If I'm crashing into some type of small car, I'm driving away. As for the handling, I've driven everything in between a Ford Pinto to a M3 Bradley, armored truck and pickup. It's the driver. A driver who understands the limitations of said vehicle and doesn't cross that line is just as good no matter what size the vehicle. Where this rollover factor has come into play is people whining about the rough ride of the older generation, so this new stuff coming out has a soft suspension that gives the vehicle more body roll. Then comes the fun stuff, I can fix anything and everything on my truck, I don't have to take it to a shop, and it even has a computer ran engine. HMMMMM!!!!
        "I will not use my patrol car as a desert prerunner unless in pursuit."

Comment

You want a SUV? Now here's a SUV!!
          http://abcnews.go.com/sections/busin...UV_011127.html

Comment

I'm 16. When I get my dad's 4runner to take out some days, I'm running a dual band mobile ham radio, GPS, packet position, and occasionally a cellphone with hands free earplug and mouthpiece (from the inside, it looks like one big bomb with lots of wires) I have yet to have an accident, and I have yet to run somebody off the road or out of their lane. I can handle it. Now am I asking for trouble. Perhaps, but at least I feel safe knowing if I die, it won't be my fault.

Tex
            KD5HQD

Comment

I've stayed away from this one until now. But the fact is that I already have one SUV and I have a 4X4 Powerstroke F250. AND I'm getting ready to buy another SUV.

Frankly, 'tain't nobudys bizznezz whut I drive as long as I can afford it!

Hey Kyle,

Be sure you keep the "antenna side" up! Some folks drive SUV's, but Kyle drives a porcupine!
              6P1 (retired)

Comment

Don,
                I'm telling you, it's the antennas that keeps the cops away as I'm doing 100 down the freeway. They think I'm some government vehicle and they'd rather not mess with me.

Tex
                KD5HQD

Comment

6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by kd5hqd:
                    Don,
                    I'm telling you, it's the antennas that keeps the cops away as I'm doing 100 down the freeway. They think I'm some government vehicle and they'd rather not mess with me.

Tex
                    KD5HQD

Until you run across one that is also a HAM and recognizes the antennas for what they are.

QRZ

Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

This is very true. This is the point where I be screwed

Tex
                      KD5HQD

Comment

I drive a 96Ford Taurus grocery getter station wagon....and I love it. Heck, I used to pick up my ONE child from school....and drive off with 7 more in the car. lol Seems like everyone thinks, "Well, you just have ONE child and we have three...sooo, could you help us out?" And I always did. I remember pulling away with 7 kids in my car, all of whitch I had to get in seat belts. This was when I had another station wagon. This one picked up teenage boys with big feet, seven or eight kids at a time, from baseball practice, football practice....you name it. And my trusty Taurus got us where we were going. I still love it.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5228 users online. 307 members and 4921 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X