300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extras In The Car...

Going through the academy, I have heard many an instructor drop us tips on extra, handy things to keep in your patrol car that will come in handy on your shifts. Some examples....
    Binoculars....to check out scene safety from a distance, such as possible hazardous material situations
    Bottle of hand sanitizer....obviously to get the germs off your hands after struggles, etc....

Do any of you have any....." I always keep a......" fill in the blank in your car ?
    "Hey handsome...catch any speeders today" ???

Window punch & Belt cutter --You can get them as one tool and they also come in key chains. Great to have on duty and in your personal vehicle.

Comment

A phone book.

Comment

Gloves. Both kinds , search gloves and latex gloves. I keep a set of latex on my belt and have my search gloves in the back pocket. NEVER (well try to never) touch a person with body fluid on them without your latex gloves. Don't want to take it home to the kids.

Bit of advise, don't spend your money on a lot of "Goochy" gear. You'll end up buying stuff you'll never use just because it looked cool or some other cadet has one. You'll have what you need when you start and within about a month you'll have a better idea of what you NEED vs. what you think you want.

Comment

dog leash (great leg restraint with standing end closed in the door during transports), extra ammo for long gun and sidearm (already in mags), leg irons, two extra cuffs, binos
          " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

I always carry extra flashlight.
            John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

dental floss--- lets see if anyone knows why ?

Comment

Originally posted by badger
                dog leash (great leg restraint with standing end closed in the door during transports),
                You mean a Rip-Hobble. We get issued those.
                Work smarter not harder!

Comment

nothing to see here
                  Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:15 PM.

Comment

A bag with your extra kit - cool-weather jacket during the summer for when the nights cool down unexpectedly, or your rain coat for unexpected showers.

Bottles of water, and some meal-replacement/energy bars, for when you can't stop or get away to eat.

At least one booklet each of your most commonly-used forms.

A plain, hardboard clipboard, with finger-snapping-off-strong-type-spring clip, with common radio call codes, court calendar and other need-to-remember info taped to it - use to write out tickets, take statements, jot down calls.
                    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                    "Smile" - no!

Comment

A Casio 4" LCD color TV for football season, clipboard with forms, accident template, spare pens (the ones in my pocket are always out of ink), evidence packaging materials, multi-purpose tool (take off license plates), polaroid camera and film, box of latex gloves, cpr mask.....

I think that covers it.
                      "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

Originally posted by mattph4716
                        A Casio 4" LCD color TV for football season, clipboard with forms, accident template, spare pens (the ones in my pocket are always out of ink), evidence packaging materials, multi-purpose tool (take off license plates), polaroid camera and film, box of latex gloves, cpr mask.....

I think that covers it.
                        No kitchen sinks?

Comment

I keep a couple packs of extra batteries for my mag or stinger. I also have a couple packs of spare boot laces, you never no when one of those are going to break.Also i keep a couple cans of lysol in the trunk,comes in reall handy when ya gotta fumigate the backseat after a real ripe one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                            No kitchen sinks?
                            Damn!!! I knew I forgot something!!!
                            "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

Reading material in case you get stuck somewhere for an extended period of time and your ipod or tv goes dead.
                              Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4356 users online. 225 members and 4131 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X