Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Belt setup...

How is your duty belt setup?
    and if you could state whether your a lefty or righty...
    cuffs in the front and rear?, asp on gun side or not, oc on left side, blahzay blahzay...

starting from buckle to the right, it was, oc spray, belt keeper, side arm, expandable, belt keeper, big gap across the back, belt keeper then hand cuffs
    radio, pager, double mag. pouch, belt keeper

Comment

From buckle to right....

Double mags, keeper, pistol, keeper, baton, keeper, gap across the back, stinger flashlight (that I had to pay for ), keeper, radio, taser holster, cuffs, oc spray.
      But by the grace of God, I am what I am.
      1 Corinthians 15:10

Comment

I'm a righty.

From the right buckle...

Mag pouches (sideways oriented towards the front), keys, belt keeper (w/cuff key), gun, belt keeper, single cuff case, tac light, glove pouch, belt keeper, flashlight/stick ring, asp, radio, belt keeper, x-26, belt keeper, single cuff case.

I carry my asp cross draw, and my tazer weak handed. I try to use the tazer with my left in case I have to transition to the gun, with the laser sight and a little ability to shoot weak hand it is not an impediment. Most of the guys I work with carry the x-26 on their weak side set up for cross draw. I have had good hits weak hand at a full sprint so I'm comfortable weak hand and I don't have to waste time if I have to transition.
        Last edited by webjeep; 09-15-2005, 10:27 PM.
        "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Righty. Starting from front middle, goint left to right around my body.
          1)Double mag case 2) Squad Camera Microphone 3) Sidearm 4) OC 5) Single cuff case (this is at about my 5 o'clock) 6) Small of my back is my case for my rubber gloves 7) This is my 7 o'clock, and where my second single cuff case is 8) Baton 9) flashlight ring 10) Radio
          "I only had a couple!"

Comment

Right handed

right to left from buckle..
            Mark IV spray, keeper, gun, keeper, asp, cuffs, keeper, pouch for gloves (my fto made fun of me for that one until we went to a wellness check the other night and found a lady that had tried to commit suicide with blood all over her.....guess who had gloves?), keeper, cuffs again, radio, stinger, keeper, and mag pouch.
            "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
            Matthew 11:28

Comment

Originally posted by SCREWED
              Right handed

right to left from buckle..
              Mark IV spray, keeper, gun, keeper, asp, cuffs, keeper, pouch for gloves (my fto made fun of me for that one until we went to a wellness check the other night and found a lady that had tried to commit suicide with blood all over her.....guess who had gloves?), keeper, cuffs again, radio, stinger, keeper, and mag pouch.
              why not put your gloves under your cuffs or in the trauma plate pocket. might save you some room.

Comment

Side arm (Right side)
                ASP baton (left side)
                cuffs in the back.
                Radio right next to the ASP
                "The world isn't as it should be. It's harsh. And it's cruel. That's why there's us. Champions. We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be."-Angel Season 4

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                  why not put your gloves under your cuffs or in the trauma plate pocket. might save you some room.
                  I found out how fast I needed them the other night. I don't want to have to dig for them and I have plenty of room.

I forgot about an X26 before the mag pouch btw.
                  "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
                  Matthew 11:28

Comment

yea, true,, usually i wore leather hatch glvs,,that was good nuff in a spot, i just hated having too much stuff on the belt. couldnt get comfortable in the seat if i was loaded down. but goood point.

Comment

Get enough replies and ideas here
                      Righty here- from right to left- buckle, double mag pouch, keeper, gun, keeper, poly stinger, cuffs, keeper towards left side rear, ASP, radio, O.C., keeper. I want to one day get the triple retention buckleless set up, I think its easier to get a tighter fit thatn the old fashioned buckle. More room for smaller incremental adjustments,.
                      I got nothing for now

Comment

Just some advice that has been passed down to me, if you have one set of cuffs, put it where you can reach it with either hand in case one hand is being used.

Comment

Righty

Going clockwise from Buckle

Double magazine pouch, MV IV OC spray, belt keeper/suspenders clip point, Raptor holster w/glock 21, Hobble Pouch, zip tie threaded underneath hobble pouch, belt keeper/suspenders clip point, glove pouch, belt keeper/suspenders clip point, D ring flashlight holder, Stinger, radio, Monadnock, double handcuff pouch.

I carry a kershaw knife in my left pocket, duty gloves in back left pocket, glasses wipe/cleaner in my key pocket, and notebook in back right pocket.

I have the clip for my m26 taser on my underbelt, it hangs just next to my monadnock.

If our department goes for the x26 I'll change to two single handcuff pouches on either side of my glove pouch in the back and put the x26 where my double handcuff pouch is now.
                          Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

Been a while since I have worn it, but I still have my duty belt in ready mode(and much to my suprise, it still fits! ).

I'm right handed; from the front(buckleless belt; who wants that shiny bullseye just a few inches above something important?) speedloaders or mags, firearm, flashlight carrier, cuffs in a single case, glove pouch in the small of back, then about my 7 o'clock, another set of cuffs in a single pouch, PR-24, radio case, OC spray, and key ring(if I need to wear one).

Although they have for the most part by now gone to that great place in police history, I carried a flat 8 oz. sap either in my back pocket, or in a pocket in the right leg of my pants("sap pocket"). And another item I have that has for the most part by now been shunned I kept wrapped around a cuff case; a "hobble restraint", made by Safariland. Basically, you can hogtie someone who wants to kick or tries to run. Have had to use it a couple of times.

For the most part, my knife and keys stay in my pockets. Keys can make a lot of noise, giving your arrival away at the worst time, and a knife in plain sight can be snatched from you, and used against you. For what few times I've ever used a knife, a small pocket knife or Leatherman does the job just fine. A Leatherman Wave has the features in the 2 knife blades(one plain, the other serrated) that you can open them one handed, they lock open, and they are SHARP!

Another subject I touch on all the time are your pens. It's not a state secret anymore that a pen can be plucked from your pocket suddenly, and used as a weapon against you. Either keep your pens under your pocket flaps, or use pens that are difficult to get ahold of. I prefer Paper Mates; good pens, nice looking with a uniform, and takes a little doing to grab from your pocket.

Keep in mind a lot of departments have regulations governing the placement of equipment on a duty belt. Most anywhere I have worked didn't care. One real beef I have against any equipment is that which will tear up a seat in a car. Either reposition that item on your belt, or use something else. My cuff case placement allows me to cuff with either hand, as well as the placement of my OC carrier(I mainly deploy it with my weak hand- I'm from the old school, in the Mace days).

Went on hiatus before the ASP and the X26 made their big debut into the world, so I really can't say how I would carry either item. I'd probably carry an ASP for the sake of having a baton on at all times(more lower profile, too), but I'll always be a big fan of the PR-24, especially in bar room brawls(try stopping a pool cue or a chair leg with an ASP ).
                            Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

sorry to bring back such an old thread but..

I'm righty and had my double mag holder on my right side in front of my gun pointing forward and not up. I know a few guys who wear it like this so thats what I had setup. I get into firearms and the instructor tells me this ain't TV turn those things and face them up, also put it on your left side front. I did as I was told and have no problem qualifying in this position. So now i'm setup like this.. from the buckle right- OC,cuffs,keeper,holster,keeper,asp, gap ,flashlight,keeper,radio,keeper,double mag holder.

I just read how alot of you guys have your belt setup like I originally did..

opinions on why my inst. was so against it..?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5264 users online. 286 members and 4978 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X