Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Far From Your Hometown Did You Move?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Far From Your Hometown Did You Move?

Or are you still living in the town you grew up in?

Can you go home again?

Friday

1500 miles or so.

I moved during my senior year in high school from PA to FL. It took me 16 years before I went back to visit. Not that I have anthing against it, just never looked back.

Comment

From Greenville, OH
      To
      Saint Paul, MN
      Total Distance: 675.85 miles

Total Estimated Time: 11 hours, 51 minutes

That's after a a year being about 7,000 miles across the pacific, and 2 years in sunny so. cal. @2,000 miles away. I've averaged a visit home about every 3 years or so.
      On the wings of a dove
      Let's roll for justice
      Let's roll for truth
      Let's not let our children grow up
      Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

Ha... got you all beat... over 7,000 miles.

Once settled in the City of G(COG), stayed in the city and never left, went to COG elementry, COG junior high, COG high school, COG college. Worked as a photojournalist for COG newspaper, security guard at COG galleria, college police officer at COG college, police officer for COG Police department......

God... I need to get out more....

Comment

I live about 25 miles from my hometown.

When i lived at the shore during summers, i was about 80 miles away i guess. Never have lived further away than that. I have travelled most the the east, and as far west as Texas.
          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

The suburbs of New Orleans. About 5 miles.
            Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Live 6 miles from the house I grew up in.....although we moved there from north NJ when I was 9.
              http://www.municipaldesigns.com - Web solutions for municipal government, police, fire, and EMS agencies.

Comment

I went to University for about a month after graduating from High School, and that was only about a 3/4 hour from my parents' home. When I got accepted into the RCMP, I moved about 1200 miles from my parents' home, and now this is home.

At some point a person has to make their stand, but after my career taking me here, then meeting and marrying my wife (she wanted a REAL cowboy, not one of the Queen's, but that's another story!), then having a bunch of kids, the thing that REALLY plants you somewhere is when the banks allow you to pay through the nose on mortgages on 3 different homes! Once they have you by the wallet, your heart and mind will follow!
                #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                "Smile" - no!

Comment

About 45 miles to the north... it's nice to be away from the rich snobs of Greenwich.
                  Also lived in NSW Australia for 3 years back n the 60's.
                  " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

I live in a small town outside Cincinnati. I originally gre up here until I was 7 or so and then moved about 15 miles away. When I moved out of my parents home at 19, I moved back to the small town i was originally from. So, a total distance of 15 miles, lol
                    No partner is worth your tears -
                    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

This is interesting! We either stayed generally in the same area, or went far, far away, never to return!

I'm in the second category-2763 miles.

Friday

Comment

I now live about 2hrs from where I was born and spent first 12yrs of my life. However, there were stops off between then and now of 980 miles from where I was born and 1200 miles from where I was born. Almost never go back to my "home town" (though I don't call it that, cuz I've spent so much time elsewhwere) about every month or every other month and then only cuz I have family very near there.
                        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I live about 150 miles from the area where I grew up. I could go back, but what the hell for? I make better money and have better opportunity where I am now.
                          Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

3,000 miles...born in Williamsport, PA and lived there until I was 12, then moved to Cali. I've been here since '79. I still like to visit PA, especially in the summer (everything's green and thunderstorms are cool), but I HATE snow! As a matter of fact, anything below 65 degrees is too chilly.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Grew up in Colorado. Job took me to Phoenix, then back to Colorado, then out to the left coast. Got into LE (for the second time) in Kaliphornia and stayed through retirement.

Then moved to Dixie (Southern Utah) for a few years, then to the Grand Canyon, then back to Colorado for a few months, and now back to the Grand Canyon again.

I do PLAN to return to Colorado, a place about 90 miles from where I grew up, when my better half is ready to retire! Probably a couple of years.
                              6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158302 users online. 130 members and 158172 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X