300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!

Looking back at when I was in the academy I can't see how anything like this could have happened. Surprised that it was actually an instructor who accidentally shot the recruit and not another recruit. Sorry to see something like this happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/14/rec....ap/index.html

Wow. Thats sad. My prayers go out to the family of the recruit and the instructor. I can't even begin to imagine how it feels to shoot another brother in blue. A very tragic accident.

Comment

My prayers to the recruit and her family.

This news reminded on how some of my instructors in the academy did the good 'ol "I don't practice what I preach." There were so many safety violations committed by our range instructors, they're a walking incident waiting to happen.
      "Don't be an Idiot - Use your common sense!" - Freakapino

Comment

Originally posted by Freakapino
        My prayers to the recruit and her family.

This news reminded on how some of my instructors in the academy did the good 'ol "I don't practice what I preach." There were so many safety violations committed by our range instructors, they're a walking incident waiting to happen.
        I haven't had that experience. Our range staff is very safe and are sticklers on saftey, but it sucks that some out there "don't practice what they preach."

Comment

I got lucky with our range instreuctors, they wre great and old timers too. I had a fem.. sorry recruit that was dangerous, Pointing her peice all over andstuff, she got kicked off the range a few times. BUT of course they would never fail HER, only fail the guy who already did 15 yrs. and had to wuit for BRAIN SURGERY. They made him do the entire academy all over again and then jsut to FIRE him weeks before GRAD.... What [email protected]#$s.
          Very sad case there. Prayers to the family.
          I got nothing for now

Comment

Prayers for the family and for the instructor also. Does anyone have any details? More interested in process of the accident than juicy details.

Comment

It is made all the more tragic due to the fact that it was not on the range. It was a classroom setting. Statistically, negligent or accidental shootings like this happen after a meal break. If you are using some type of simunition or blue (red) guns, please be sure to triple check each officer for live ammo or weapons everytime someone leaves and re enters a room. Have the officers check themselves, check their partner then, get final checked by an instructor before entering the training area. My heart goes out to both the officer and the instructor.
              Jerry
              "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                It is made all the more tragic due to the fact that it was not on the range. It was a classroom setting. Statistically, negligent or accidental shootings like this happen after a meal break. If you are using some type of simunition or blue (red) guns, please be sure to triple check each officer for live ammo or weapons everytime someone leaves and re enters a room. Have the officers check themselves, check their partner then, get final checked by an instructor before entering the training area. My heart goes out to both the officer and the instructor.

I definitely agree with you. And why they have live rounds in the classroom to begin with? Simunitions and dummy rounds? Yes. Live rounds should only be handled in the range. Different training regimen for different states.
                "Don't be an Idiot - Use your common sense!" - Freakapino

Comment

bullet blockers? anyone?

my academy staff was very serious about gun safety/training. theres no room for error with firearms.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6395 users online. 360 members and 6035 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X