Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't know if anyone else caught this...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if anyone else caught this...

Anyone else in here a NASCAR fan? I'm a huge one and I seldom miss a race, including the pre-race stuff. I've never been an Earnhardt fan, but I cheered when he won the Daytona 500 and I welled up when he died. I'm also getting fed up with all the conflicting stories about his death. I don't know if being this close to Daytona and NASCAR headquarters has anything to do with the press coverage or not, but enough speculation already!

Mike Helton was on the Fox pre-race Saturday evening and showed all kinds of signs of deception during his seatbelt failure claim! Every time he got on the subject of the belt breakage claim, he would start fidgeting and would shoot his eyes to the right. I don't know why NASCAR is ready to hang Bill Simpson out like that, but there must be some kind of skeleton in someone's closet!

------------------
    FLLawdog
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

My biggest question is what motivation would the first on scene paramedic, have by lying about the belt still being secure? He gains nothing but Nascar has all but called him a liar. Junior seems to be riding the fence but doesn't want to rile the Nascar folks.

#3's untimely crash seems to have peaked interest in the Nascar Winston Cup Series. Formula cars are still HO HUM ( round and round they go and all look and sound the same) Nacsar has some personality. Now Gordon & Stewart are almost going to blows. LUV IT.

------------------
    "We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way." General George S. Patton
    "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

When I first moved to NC 6 years ago from Calif, I never imagined I would see the day when I would be recording a race if I was going to miss it. IMO, if there was any truth to the belt failing, it would have been reported as torn and not cut. All the reports I've seen have referred to it as a cut belt. Never have been a #3 fan, always been a #24 fan. However, I have always had the utmost respect for Earnhardt's driving and loved watching him race to see how he was going to plow through the pack from 21st to a top 5 or win with four fresh ones and a sh**load of determination with less than 10 left. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

------------------
      Contrary to popular belief, knowledge is not power. Without wisdom, knowledge is useless.
      Contrary to popular belief, knowledge is not power. Without wisdom, knowledge is useless.

Comment

The video showed them working pretty hard inside the car.

I wish I knew what was said in that driver's meeting. A lot of the drivers tap danced around it pretty good.

Now Gordon & Stewart are almost going to blows.
        My money's on Tony! Rusty handled Jeffy-poo pretty good Saturday night..."yeah...right" as he walked off.

------------------
        FLLawdog
        "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

It seems as though every time they mention NASCAR in the news, it's something to do with the crash. I wasn't a DE fan, but it was always fun to cheer against him.

Man, if it's this bad here, I can imagine what goes on locally in Daytona. Jeez, what the hell's going on with you people in Florida ? They opened up regional offices for CNN and PMSNBC in November, and now every other newscast begins Today in xxxx Florida...

"But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

i never understood the allure of NASCAR

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6206 users online. 381 members and 5825 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X