Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn: Bodie

nHey Bodie,
    I noticed you make alot of threads pertaining to OHIO acadamies.. and you are 100 % correct.. I went throughone here in central ohio columbus area,and was told all types of B,S, we were never informed at any point of how difficult it would be to gain employment as sworn officers. it was a 620 hr class it cost approx, 3,400 , and it was a complete mess,,, you have to be able to run a mile 1/2 in 11min 58 sec or less... you go through hell litteraly.. well if you have to maintain full time employment while going through the classes anyways,, .. it took me 6 mo to the day after completing the academy to get a commission... and i am still working security a year out of class.. it sucks... i do feel ripped,,, there were some good things that came out of it,, i did gain some life long friends,, and i got back into shape.. some states do consider your academy time.. i am currently going out of state to try to be a full time police officer... as for there needing to be some stiffer regulations on the academy i do agree you should atleast have to be sponsored by a dept,, who is going to hire you after completion..,,, and most large depts run there own programs anyway....14 out of 31 finished my group... most people that attended didnt have any business trying to be cop's .. not to sound like a jerk but it's true.........str8fighter
    Last edited by str8fighter; 09-12-2005, 05:08 PM.
    str8fighter

Thanks Most larger agencies and many better suburbs will hire a guy that has "Self Sponsered" and then send them through all over again. Only guys they don't send through again are guys that gained certfication while already on the job with another agency and are current Columbus makes everybody go no matter what.

Comment

That kind of sucks boidie i am going in jan here in missouri to get my 470 and will get my commision at the end and then seek employment for me was the best option with 3 boys at home and a wife still need to stay employed till all is said and done just wierd how they do things in other states i guess
      Wish I could get drunk after two beers

Comment

This is why I am planning on getting hired before I go to the academy. They can pay for it, and plus if I get a job across state lines, I don't have to worry about going to the academy again.

Comment

academy training

if you get trained in one state it is unlikely another state will allow you to by pass their academy or state requirements. I would double check those requirements before taking that big leap

Comment

don't come to fla unless you have 1 yr paid service under yr belt...
            your police paper work is good here, but most require 1 yr paid service before they will honor it...

congradulations on those who just went thru the acadamy...!!

www.schackdaddy.com
            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by str8fighter
              nHey Bodie,
              I noticed you make alot of threads pertaining to OHIO acadamies.. and you are 100 % correct.. I went throughone here in central ohio columbus area,and was told all types of B,S, we were never informed at any point of how difficult it would be to gain employment as sworn officers. it was a 620 hr class it cost approx, 3,400 , and it was a complete mess,,, you have to be able to run a mile 1/2 in 11min 58 sec or less... you go through hell litteraly.. well if you have to maintain full time employment while going through the classes anyways,, .. it took me 6 mo to the day after completing the academy to get a commission... and i am still working security a year out of class.. it sucks... i do feel ripped,,, there were some good things that came out of it,, i did gain some life long friends,, and i got back into shape.. some states do consider your academy time.. i am currently going out of state to try to be a full time police officer... as for there needing to be some stiffer regulations on the academy i do agree you should atleast have to be sponsored by a dept,, who is going to hire you after completion..,,, and most large depts run there own programs anyway....14 out of 31 finished my group... most people that attended didnt have any business trying to be cop's .. not to sound like a jerk but it's true.........str8fighter
              Wow... that sucks... have to pay to goto the academy and you still don't have a job? Our recruits are making $49k and next april they will be making $50K... and all you have to pay for is your PT gear when you first arrive and for your food every week.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Post deleted for personal attack

Comment

Originally posted by eyerish101
                  Bodie Knows All
                  Believe me... (and Heineken)... He doesn't.
                  sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

lol.....pooor BODIE

Comment

No Rich BODIE

No RICH Bodie .............. You should see my new house and new cars and big bank account from being retired and able to double dip teaching Chiefs how to rid themselves of people like Narc & Eyeirish.

I'm having a battle of wits with unarmed people here.
                      Last edited by Bodie; 09-28-2005, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                        No RICH Bodie .............. You should see my new house and new cars and big bank account from being retired and able to double dip teaching Chiefs how to rid themselves of people like Narc & Eyeirish.

I'm having a battle of wits with unarmed people here.

mmm....mmmm
                        "here's to us and those like us .....damn few left"

Comment

Originally posted by str8fighter
                          you have to be able to run a mile 1/2 in 11min 58 sec or less... you go through hell litteraly...
                          Academy is not supposed to be all fun and games, neither is FTO. FTO is usually 10 times worse. Besides, 1.5 miles in 12 minutes by no means is anything extraordinary or unattainable. Unless, of course, you are out of shape. Any person wanting to become a law enforcement officer should be able to run that time.

K9

Comment

If you can't do the 1/2 mile that way try jumping from moving unit and trying to catch a kid that is already on a dead run. That is far worse.
                            You can do it and improve your time to.

Comment

i never said i couldnt run, the 1.5 mile timed race...i did it in 11;42...granted it isnt a great time,, just average i guess,, but concidering that moost officers/deputy's i have seen or known, couldnt even continuously run for the full 1.5 miles i think i did ok ,, i was just stating that the ohio academy's are kind of a waste for some one who is wanting to be hired by a large agency or so dept,, here in oh because they will usually put you through there own anyways...,,so it is just something for a person wanting to be a leo to think about,, ,, i agree with bodie there should be more regulations on these classes, because really all they do is take your money,,,
                              str8fighter

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6105 users online. 345 members and 5760 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X