Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is you miss understood what he said to you. He probably said that he was not giving you the ticket, which would have been a 5 point ticket. Also, a motor vehicle violation is not a crime.

Whenever my brother-in-law gets a break by using my PBA card, I usually get a gift certificate from somewhere. Unfortunately, he does not get stopped much. Maybe you should do that for your uncle as a thank you.

Sammy
    If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
    www.samanthafund.com

Comment

Originally posted by SWH
      WTPD, what the hell are you talking about 'red flag'?

Oh, and what's a cime?
      Misdemeanor or felony

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
        Misdemeanor or felony
        In NJ we have disorderly persons, and crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
          I don't give my friends discounts at my job. I'm forced to send my friends to a different cashier if they come through my line. When I worked at a video store, I didn't give my friends free rentals or delete their late charges.
          Yea but the thing is, if you could then you would.

Comment

Originally posted by dvsmnstr
            ok, how does that work?

We have Infractions, Misdemeanors, and felonies. An infraction is not a crime; they are basically a civil offense that is only punishable by a fine. However, if the defendant does not pay the fine or otherwise disobeys the court the judge may issue a body attatchment which is basically a bench warrant.

We do a have a few traffic offenses that are crimes ie, misd or felony. SWH seem to think I am full of $hit.

Comment

In NJ, you have misdemeanors also. Disorderly happens to be one of those.
              Jerry
              "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                In NJ, you have misdemeanors also. Disorderly happens to be one of those.
                In New Jersey there are basically two types of criminal offenses, crimes and disorderly persons offenses. (In some states these two types of offenses are often referred to as "felonies" and "misdemeanors".) Crimes are punishable by more that six months in jail and are prosecuted by either the County Prosecutor's Office or the Attorney General's Office in the Superior Court. In addition, those charged with committing crimes are entitled to have their matters reviewed by a grand jury and tried by a petit jury. Disorderly persons offenses are punishable by up to a maximum of six months in jail and are typically prosecuted either by a municipal prosecutor or citizen in a municipal court. Those charged with disorderly person offenses are not entitled by either grand jury presentation or trial by jury.

We also have petty disorderly persons, for really small things.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                  Immoral? Are you serious? If I tell you to slow down, I fulfilled my obligation to "arrest" a violator. Arresting means to stop their actions. If I use my authority to 'punish' you, I'm crossing into the judicial branch, of which I am not a member. That is why police have so much discretion. It's a way of managing situations in a non punitive way. Besides, if I wanted to take administrative action on every infraction, I wouldn't be available when your alarm goes off because the cleaning crew didn't reset it. Oh, and by the way, supporting the police means a lot more than giving donations. I don't count the money, I count on the public when politicians get stupid.

Any form of favoritism, prejudice and nepotism is despicable, especially when done consciously on a regular bases, and who ever that shoe fits is an immoral person no what there profession is.
                  I do take fairness and integrity very seriously

Comment

Originally posted by hermit
                    Any form of favoritism, prejudice and nepotism is despicable, especially when done consciously on a regular bases, and who ever that shoe fits is an immoral person no what there profession is.
                    I do take fairness and integrity very seriously
                    This is coming from an investor? Puleeze!
                    Jerry
                    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Yea but the thing is, if you could then you would.
                      I had all the ability to, but I never did because it's not right unless there's valid reason. And even then, I'd get a manager's approval before doing it. It's too easy to get accused of under-ringing merchandise, or giving unwarrented discounts to people.

Comment

In New Jersey there are basically two types of criminal offenses, crimes and disorderly persons offenses. (In some states these two types of offenses are often referred to as "felonies" and "misdemeanors".) Crimes are punishable by more that six months in jail and are prosecuted by either the County Prosecutor's Office or the Attorney General's Office in the Superior Court. In addition, those charged with committing crimes are entitled to have their matters reviewed by a grand jury and tried by a petit jury. Disorderly persons offenses are punishable by up to a maximum of six months in jail and are typically prosecuted either by a municipal prosecutor or citizen in a municipal court. Those charged with disorderly person offenses are not entitled by either grand jury presentation or trial by jury.

We also have petty disorderly persons, for really small things.
                        so a disorderly person defendant who can get up to 6 months in jail has no right to trial by jury in NJ?
                        not a big deal to me but is not trial by jury one of the basic rights? unless these are so minor that its more like a traffic ticket.
                        up to 6 months in jail thought would be like a A misdemenor here in ny-- up to 1 year actually.
                        In our county all the cases are prosecuted by the DA I think one or two of the larger towns may have a town prosecutor just for traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
                          yep, one sgt. and one officer at a time. In the late moring the chief's your back-up. The villages have to make money for the few suped up marked cars they have, while having to pay for the chief's.
                          true but everyone in MC was so opposed to metro police.

NY is used to everyone having their own little kingdoms which is in the long run dragging the entire region down now.
                          I don't mean police depts specifically but each town village has to have its own court, each town ect has to have its own school district ect ect...

when you get PDS as small as 11 officers it makes it interesting What happens if both scheaduled guys call in sick that day?
                          Then The MCSO which is already strained for cars at times is covering the villages leaving one less car in the towns they have to cover anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by DUI_eliminator
                            First off its not against any law or anything for a cop to lie to someone. Would you rather have the ticket or the BS that he was putting five points on your license. Second off it wasnt your PBA card it was someone elses. I would have taken it too, and booked it into property and your uncle could come get it.

You can waste your time making a complaint like the other guy recommended but you will be wasting your time. You got a break so be happy.
                            Yes I'm very grateful for not getting a ticket, although I had one coming. I think the officer checked my record, saw that it was clean and also made note the PBA card was over two years old, properly being the first time I used it. So he decided to give me a pass.

I don

Comment

[QUOTE=FJM-Bladerunner]

I don

Comment

Originally posted by mark7777
                                Then The MCSO which is already strained for cars at times is covering the villages leaving one less car in the towns they have to cover anyways.
                                Do you ever have anything positive to say about MCSO???
                                Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4429 users online. 300 members and 4129 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X