300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorable Cars on Stops?

I passed the biggest piece of crap truck the other day with a seemingly home-made cab extension, dents, duct tape, plastic sheeting, and at least 5 different colors of parts and got to thinking:

What's the most memorable car you've pulled over? Any officers ever pulled over a particularly nice/classic/rare car, a moving piece of scrap metal, or maybe a ridiculously modified car like you'd see on "Pimp My Ride"?

I haven't really pulled over any out of the ordinary crap cars but I do wonder about some peoples priorities: I pulled over this old piece of crap car. It was rusted, probably would have fallen apart if it hit a pothole, and it was like 3 different shades of green. I go up to the window and the guy had to like push it down himself. Lo and behold, the interior is all nasty but he had like $2,000 worth of stereo equip. and speakers all installed!!!!! I would rather be in a decent car with no radio then a piece of crap with a nice system!!!!
    "...I'd never let you down, even if I could. I'd give up everything if only for your good..." 3 Doors Down

"Strength is when your body gives out and your heart and your mind take over"

Comment

Originally posted by nctroop14
      I haven't really pulled over any out of the ordinary crap cars but I do wonder about some peoples priorities: I pulled over this old piece of crap car. It was rusted, probably would have fallen apart if it hit a pothole, and it was like 3 different shades of green. I go up to the window and the guy had to like push it down himself. Lo and behold, the interior is all nasty but he had like $2,000 worth of stereo equip. and speakers all installed!!!!! I would rather be in a decent car with no radio then a piece of crap with a nice system!!!!

The nice system would only draw attention to the piece of crap. Thus possibly causing someone to follow the piece of crap home and steal the stereo out of it. It would most likely be pretty easy too because of all the rust.

There are a lot of piece of crap vehicles here. I've seen practically every way to "attach" a bumper back onto a car. (Duct tape, string, rope, bungee cords, twine, just letting it rest on the hitch, letting it drag by the one bolt left holding it, etc.) Bed sheets blowing out the window in place for glass. Back when I worked in the automotive department at Wal-mart I had a customer ask me which type of cord would be better for keeping his passenger side door closed, rubber, or bungee. How the hell am I supposed to know? That's not something that comes up in training. I swear though, Saskatchewan is the capital for piece of crap cars in Canada.

Comment

I have stopped the Weinermobile, gave a parking ticket to the Hershey's Kiss Mobile. I stopped a Hearse that was owned by a private individual that was definately not all there and several high end sports cars on there way to Phoenix International Raceway.....
        There's no substitute for strength,
        and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

Originally posted by azchopshopcop
          I have stopped the Weinermobile,
          Really? So what does the vehicle description say on the registration for it?

Comment

About 10 years ago, I'm on patrol riding down Mechanicsville Tnpk...a four lane 55 mph road. It's about 10:30 p.m. I look over to the opposite lane, and there I see a guy on a riding mower going about 5 mph down the shoulder. I make a u-turn and light him up......

He proceeds to tell me that he just purchased the mower at Wal-Mart, which was about 8 miles west of where I found him, and had to go to a residence in King William County, which was easily another 15 miles.

He explained that he had no transportation that was capable of transporting the mower home, so he figured he would just drive it the 25 plus miles to his home. Now keep in mind it had taken him about 3 hours to cover the previous 8 miles....

I couldn't stop laughing long enough to charge him with anything. I made him call his wife and had her follow him at 5 mph in the family mini-van all the way home.

I wonder how many times he actually got to cut his grass before the engine blew on the mower, if he even made it that far. This was one of those nights where the laugh was worth all the hassles this job can give you.

Only in the south
            Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by rpd1794
              About 10 years ago, I'm on patrol riding down Mechanicsville Tnpk...a four lane 55 mph road. It's about 10:30 p.m. I look over to the opposite lane, and there I see a guy on a riding mower going about 5 mph down the shoulder. I make a u-turn and light him up......

He proceeds to tell me that he just purchased the mower at Wal-Mart, which was about 8 miles west of where I found him, and had to go to a residence in King William County, which was easily another 15 miles.

He explained that he had no transportation that was capable of transporting the mower home, so he figured he would just drive it the 25 plus miles to his home. Now keep in mind it had taken him about 3 hours to cover the previous 8 miles....

I couldn't stop laughing long enough to charge him with anything. I made him call his wife and had her follow him at 5 mph in the family mini-van all the way home.

I wonder how many times he actually got to cut his grass before the engine blew on the mower, if he even made it that far. This was one of those nights where the laugh was worth all the hassles this job can give you.

Only in the south
              Last fall going down a 90 kph "multi-lane road" with only two lanes for each direction of traffic there was a guy driving his combine while talking on a cell phone going 40 kph blocking both lanes.

Only in Saskatchewan...

I was in Calgary the other weekend and I saw on some trail (I can't remember the name) but there was a sign that I've never seen in Saskatchewan, "No Slow Moving Vehicles." I wish we had those.

Comment

Originally posted by azchopshopcop
                I have stopped the Weinermobile, gave a parking ticket to the Hershey's Kiss Mobile. I stopped a Hearse that was owned by a private individual that was definately not all there and several high end sports cars on there way to Phoenix International Raceway.....
                haha, why do you have a grudge against the commercial food vehicles.

Comment

Only in the south
                  Hahah, that's amazing.

"Only in the south "
                  Aint that the truth!

Comment

Only in the south
                    Wait a minute! Isn't there some sort of law that prohibits unlicenced motored "vehicles" from driving on public roadways? You said it was 10:30 at night, so it was dark. Did that thing have headlights and tailights? What if someone hit it? How would you even tell that one to the insurance company? How old was the guy anyways? I was watching Airlines last night and there was some old guy on it who apparently drove his riding lawn mower across the States. This wasn't the same guy, was it?

Comment

Originally posted by carty
                      I passed the biggest piece of crap truck the other day with a seemingly home-made cab extension, dents, duct tape, plastic sheeting, and at least 5 different colors of parts and got to thinking:

What's the most memorable car you've pulled over? Any officers ever pulled over a particularly nice/classic/rare car, a moving piece of scrap metal, or maybe a ridiculously modified car like you'd see on "Pimp My Ride"?
                      Sounds like my daddy's old truck. Did you tell him I said Hey?

Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Comment

rpd1794,did you used to work for Hanover?

Comment

Yup...RPD..then Hanover...then RPD again. And if you're with EH, I'm sure we know each other....
                          Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Speedee, the laugh he gave me was well worth the break I gave him. And yes, it was the deluxe model with headlights, and he was on the shoulder, not the pavement.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Speedee, the laugh he gave me was well worth the break I gave him. And yes, it was the deluxe model with headlights, and he was on the shoulder, not the pavement.
                              Well, it's good that we was at least on the shoulder. If it would have been Saskatchewan chances are he'd be in the lane holding up traffic.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4902 users online. 312 members and 4590 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X