Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet Another Canadian Trucker

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yet Another Canadian Trucker

    Read it here----http://rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID=30290&rnews_story_type=18 please copy and paste

  • #2
    A medical condition may have caused the crash. Now you're going to blame medical conditions on Canadians too?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by formercop
      A medical condition may have caused the crash. Now you're going to blame medical conditions on Canadians too?
      Well if there was a medical condition the driver should NOT have been driving!!

      Comment


      • #4
        But if the driver didn't know the medical condition existed......

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by formercop
          But if the driver didn't know the medical condition existed......
          ...He should have went to the doctor and had a DOT physical

          Comment


          • #6
            Lt EXP please make no statements like that until you have been DOT trained. Thank you very much.

            People die and then crsah everyday. A well respected teacher I had in school just drove off the road and finally stopped when his car hit a culvert. Probably dead the second the car started to drift.

            I have seen maybe dozens of deaths like this over the years.

            Comment


            • #7
              No need to be DOT trained to know a commercial driver has to have a valid DOT physical every 2 years. Its doubtful that exam would have found anything substantial anyway. I've taken one before and if you can stand up and have a pulse you will most likely pass.
              Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
                ...He should have went to the doctor and had a DOT physical
                Where can I go to this super doctor who can devine all.

                Look he was a commercial driver so why in the world would you assume he did not have his physical?

                Why do you assume that Doctors are all powerfull and can magically detect all medical conditions?

                People who were thought to be perfectly healthy by thier Dr. die every day.

                Explorer this sort of post looks like troll work to me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PTI
                  No need to be DOT trained to know a commercial driver has to have a valid DOT physical every 2 years. Its doubtful that exam would have found anything substantial anyway. I've taken one before and if you can stand up and have a pulse you will most likely pass.
                  What is a DOT physical and how does it differ from a regular physical that you get?

                  My dad is no longer a truck driver (he stopped after he had a close call with dozing off), but he kept his Class 1a license. In order for him to keep it, he has to go through an actual doctor physical with all the various testing and what not. It seems to be a lot more thorough than if you can stand up and have a palse. Maybe that's just how Saskatchewan truck driving licenses work though.

                  So tell me this. Are we going to be notified every time some Canadian driver gets into an accident on US soil? I'm sure if I looked I could find some stuff on American truck drivers crashing in Canada.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                    What is a DOT physical and how does it differ from a regular physical that you get?

                    My dad is no longer a truck driver (he stopped after he had a close call with dozing off), but he kept his Class 1a license. In order for him to keep it, he has to go through an actual doctor physical with all the various testing and what not. It seems to be a lot more thorough than if you can stand up and have a palse. Maybe that's just how Saskatchewan truck driving licenses work though.

                    So tell me this. Are we going to be notified every time some Canadian driver gets into an accident on US soil? I'm sure if I looked I could find some stuff on American truck drivers crashing in Canada.
                    I would certainly hope that we would not be notified every time a Canadian driver crashes in the US. As I have questioned before in similar posts, what does a persons nationality or spoken language have to do with how well they can drive? I don't think it should matter where they are from or if they speak english.

                    I can't speak to how thorough a DOT physical is where you are. The one time I had to take one it was very generic. Stand here. Touch your toes. Can you see the letters on that chart? Can you hear me clapping my hands? Let me listen to your heart.....OK, I can hear it. Do you have any serious medical conditions? No? Ok then. That was pretty much the extent of it.
                    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Enough with the Canadian truck driver threads.

                      The last one seemed to die after I posted the actual statistics that showed that on average your (USA) drivers have 20-25% more injury MVAs than we do (CDN). And on average you guys down south have far more fatalities as well.

                      So, lets give it a rest.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cst.sb
                        Enough with the Canadian truck driver threads.

                        The last one seemed to die after I posted the actual statistics that showed that on average your (USA) drivers have 20-25% more injury MVAs than we do (CDN). And on average you guys down south have far more fatalities as well.

                        So, lets give it a rest.
                        Here here. I second that suggestion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PTI
                          I would certainly hope that we would not be notified every time a Canadian driver crashes in the US. As I have questioned before in similar posts, what does a persons nationality or spoken language have to do with how well they can drive? I don't think it should matter where they are from or if they speak english.

                          I can't speak to how thorough a DOT physical is where you are. The one time I had to take one it was very generic. Stand here. Touch your toes. Can you see the letters on that chart? Can you hear me clapping my hands? Let me listen to your heart.....OK, I can hear it. Do you have any serious medical conditions? No? Ok then. That was pretty much the extent of it.
                          The issue is that a rig from another country had an mva on American soil. It takes American Tax $$$$ to investigate and clean up the mess reguardless if canadian truckers do or don't have to pay tax to "pull" in the US

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
                            The issue is that a rig from another country had an mva on American soil. It takes American Tax $$$$ to investigate and clean up the mess reguardless if canadian truckers do or don't have to pay tax to "pull" in the US
                            Well, find your own way to haul our Canadian goods into your country. Give it a rest already.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
                              The issue is that a rig from another country had an mva on American soil. It takes American Tax $$$$ to investigate and clean up the mess reguardless if canadian truckers do or don't have to pay tax to "pull" in the US
                              So I guess we could take it a step further and complain about truckers from other states that crash in CA. It takes California tax $$$ to investigate and clean up the mess regardless if out of state truckers do or don't have to pay taxes to "pull" in California.....right???
                              Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 2655 users online. 132 members and 2523 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X