300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro pro and con....

If your chief told you because of budget problems you were being merged into your county or city dept to form one metro dept for the region would you be opposed not care as long as pay and benefits stayed the same...

thoughts ? or would you say hell no not in our lifetime...?

just wondering because we will see some of this in upstate NY soon starting in Buffalo but it will make its rounds to Rochester and beyond may not be total mergers but their will be some forms of consolidation.
    In some towns villages here the dept has as few as 10 officers including the Chief IMO merging depts that small could only benefit the service area.

I give it a thumbs up. It's good for the officers and the citizens, the only people it hurts are the numerous redundant chiefs/upper administrators. It gives officers more room to grow, everyone plays by the same set of rules, easier communication between departments (because there is only one), less political influence, uniform hiring standards, stronger police guild, I could probably go on forever...

The only people it hurts, IMO, are the chiefs who feel the need to be in charge, even if it's only a 1 square mile boro. And certain citizens who want to have their own little isolated 'utopia' that they may be able to influence politically to favor their own interests, which only leads to bad things as far as police departments go.
    Last edited by Washingtonian; 09-09-2005, 02:23 PM.
    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
      I give it a thumbs up. It's good for the officers and the citizens, the only people it hurts are the numerous redundant chiefs/upper administrators. It gives officers more room to grow, everyone plays by the same set of rules, easier communication between departments (because there is only one), less political influence, uniform hiring standards, stronger police guild, I could probably go on forever...

The only people it hurts, IMO, are the chiefs who feel the need to be in charge, even if it's only a 1 square mile boro. And certain citizens who want to have their own little isolated 'utopia' that they may be able to influence politically to favor their own interests, which only leads to bad things as far as police departments go.

I agree 100%!

I would just like to see the same guys in the same sectors for a little comm policing purposes.

Comment

it's generally a good idea,
        however, if a certain area has a low crime rate don't short change them
        on patrol cop's like miami-dade did, and that forced the exact opposite
        , little former unicorp area;'s to form their own city charter and then form police dept's the miami dade neglected.

well anything south of the county line is not a good example.....

please stamp my green card, pass-port,...yr entering a 3rd world
        country in fla.....
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3713 users online. 194 members and 3519 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X