300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy question

I am scheduled to start my academy with Charles County Sheriff's Dept. in about 3 weeks, and am wondering from those of you who have been through a county agencies academy, how does the schedule normally run? I am curious because I am currently working on my degree and am not sure yet how the workload will be between academy during the day and squeezing in online class at night... Am I in for a serious butt-kicking?

My academy pretty much said your not allowed to take classes during training. You definatly couldn't have a part time job. They want you focused on the job and not worrying about other things. They are spending money to train you and don't want you side tracked. I found that only having to worry about academy stuff was tons easier than college. In college your usually involved with tons of crap at the same time. In the academy your preparing for your future career, its fun and you stay a lot more focused and interested.

You can always take classes later.

Jake

Comment

I don't mind taking a break from class, but I just started a month ago...I will call the dpt and get some more details on that tomorrow.

Comment

I'll be there with you....I actually start administrative duty tomorrow for St. Marys...

I'm done with school, so my only worries are about getting in better shape..

From what I've gathered from talking to a couple guys who have been through...The days are Mon-Fri...if I remember correctly, it runs 8-5 or something close to that. There will be some night training and a week in Western MD for EVOC. Hmmm...supposedly no "work" to do at home...and lots of running thru the woods
        Last edited by BigRed83; 09-08-2005, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Awesome!! I love running.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbkrpnk
            Awesome!! I love running.
            i'm sure glad one of us does..

Comment

Yea, I'm weird like that. I find pleasure in some forms of pain.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5108 users online. 308 members and 4800 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X