300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football fans

Any reaction to the Eagles/Ravens game being cancelled due to field conditions in Philadelphia?

I'm not sure if the game was scheduled to be aired just locally or if it was to be shown everywhere, but regardless, it's just another embarrassment for The City of Brotherly Love.

I am not a huge football fan, but I promised a friend I would watch the game because he would be there. I know he was beyond livid because of the cancellation. Honestly, it didn't make much difference to me (if it had been a cancelled hockey game, I would have had a coronary!).

I believe there were at least 6 people arrested after the announcement was made yesterday. Needless to say, tempers were flaring. Guess that goes hand in hand with court that is held at Vets Statidum during every home game because the fans get so out of control sometimes...

I have plenty of reaction to the game being cancelled. I just can't say most of what I'm feeling in this message board.

Like you said katey, just another embarrassment for the city. Then again, I suppose Raven fans should be happy.... saved their team a televised butt-whipping.

Go Eagles! (good thing the CoreStates Center doesn't have the same problem with the ice. )
    sigpic

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

BT,

Sweetie, you have been away from the area far too long! You need to get back to your roots!

psssssst...it's the FU Center now(First Union, but we prefer the shortened verison). Fits the Philly attitude

When you make a trip back to this area, we'll definitely have to catch a Flyers or Phantoms game. Be prepared to get wild and rowdy!

Comment

katey,

You are TOOOO right! Damn, First Union..... I actually knew that, too. Can't shake that whole Spectrum thing though.
        sigpic

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

"Televised butt whipping" ??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Don't make me laugh so hard please!!! The Ravens woulda kicked Philly butt!!! The Ravens are Superbowl champs and at the least......have a decent stadium with a field that is usable! And before I forget, Superbowl 36 prediction: RAVENS!!!!
          In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Did the Ravens still manage to sneak-a-peak into the cheerleaders locker room?
            Now there is a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Comment

Number 1: It was a pre-season game. Big deal!

Number 2: It was Eagles & Ravens. Big deal!

Comment

GO JAGUARS! lol

Comment

How about them Cowboys?!

Comment

My husband say's forget them Cowboy's and focus on the Steelers. They are going to kick butt this year.
                    "To each his own"

Comment

^[email protected] Mike Sullivan... Love dem Cowboy's ... kateykakes.. pretty soon it will be the Wachovia Center ... what a mouth full LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4516 users online. 311 members and 4205 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X