Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brrrrr!

Rain....snow.. where's the sunshine!!!

It's currently a whopping 25 degrees here in lovely Southern Ohio...

How 'bout your neck of the woods?
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

I think we had a high of about 13 today, it was -1 yesterday.
    On the wings of a dove
    Let's roll for justice
    Let's roll for truth
    Let's not let our children grow up
    Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

JARHEAD!! whasssssabi? err. i know that was dorky... i see your from St. Paul.. ME TOO! Yay!
      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

It was 80 plus degrees at the beginning of the week.

This morning I went outside to go jogging, then realized that it was 35 degrees. I decided against runnning, instead I crawled back in bed.
        Attitude is a reflection of leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by RaychelR:
          Rain....snow.. where's the sunshine!!!

It's currently a whopping 25 degrees here in lovely Southern Ohio...

How 'bout your neck of the woods?
          I'm a bit south east of Youngstown and my car was froze solid after work last night. It is miserable cold, but better than the ride home from Saybrook my Mother had!
          Well behaved women rarely make history!

Comment

i gotta move to Florida. of course you get those people that squawk about the humidity and heat, but that doesn't bother me at all. or i can move to Arizona where there is no humidity. i was out there last August and it was over 100 degrees the whole week i was there and i didn't mind it in the least. it's much easier to get cool than it is to get warm in my book. it's this cold snow wind chill crap i hate more and more as i get older.

give me palm trees and a pool.
            I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Hmmmm.. let me take a look outside.

It's cold today... 74 and sunny right now.

It was about 83 and sunny yesterday...

Comment

Well Jarhead and Insane1 know what I'm gonna say......It's just plain old COLD here in MN windchill had us at -7 temp at 10 above

I Love Spring
                REZ

Comment

I don't know why I ever moved here. Last year was my first 'Minnesota Winter' and it just about kicked my arse. This year I was thinking "This is great! Last year must have been a fluke." WRONG!! lol! Oh well. Are either of you guys LEOs in the Twin Cities area? If you are I might have a couple of questions for ya!

Mike
                  On the wings of a dove
                  Let's roll for justice
                  Let's roll for truth
                  Let's not let our children grow up
                  Fearful in their youth -- Neil Young

Comment

Hey MNRez & Jarhead.. ahhh Eyeah! I was outside the other night warming up my car and I sat there thinking.. WHY.. WHY did I never move out of Minnesota when I said I was going to ten friggin years ago!

I work for a police department uhem.... near north Minneapolis. but I'm no officer yet, however, I am post eligible, if you have questions EMAIL me and I will get back to ya.

Jarhead, if you don't have your degree, you will need it here, reciprocity doesn't exist unless you have at least an Associate of science degree. although more departments are leaning toward AA degrees, and AS will do, preferably a BA for more prestigious deparments like St. Paul. They actually just did their testing, but I was talking to an officer in St. Paul and he said both St. Paul and Minneapolis are on a hiring freeze. Most agencies are just creating eligibility lists right now because of budget cuts, and will probably hire off the lists later in the year or early next year.

InSane_Riv
                    ****I dont know if that email link is working its: [email protected] ****
                    [ 03-23-2002: Message edited by: InSane1 ]

[ 03-23-2002: Message edited by: InSane1 ]

Comment

Was this "Brrrrrrr" or "Grrrrrrr"?

None the matter...

I HATE getting my car vandalized in the freezing cold!

People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Sgt. Dave?
                        ahhhh North COROLINA? NORTH CAROLINA? it hardly gets below freezing there... *coughs* What a wimp!.... come up to MN, I'll show ya cold baby!... yanno, too bad this is a public forum.. I cant be as explicit as I usually am, but once you had a Minnesota winter and your *utZ freeze, you'll never complain about NC weather.
                        lol

Comment

They generate their OWN heat.

Sometimes I can't control them.

They're like women-sometimes they act as if they have a mind of their own!

I 'll give you that Insane...uh...I mean the concession that MN is "colder," but it's really relative-it's what you're used to.

Examples (and I know you're with me on this, but this is me rambling now, just to keep warm!)

Used to go diving in Florida and we wore only 3 mil "shorty" wetsuits in the inland springs. We would run into other divers (from Gulf states) wearing 1/4 inch full suits, gloves, hoods, etc! They were astounded that we dove like that, but we told them that the water (70 degrees, +/-, yearound) was WARM to us since we went in January every year leaving freezing weather here and getting there and going out to dinner at night in shorts! Also, we explained, we grew up here and were used to swimming in mountain creeks and 70 degrees was almost BATH water! We all laughed, but agreed it was a "relative" thing.

I had a buddy that went through Army BT at Fort Benning in December, January, and February many years ago. He had a guy from NORTHERN Alaska in his platoon. He has photos of this guy wearing a Tshirt while everyone else is in Field Jackets working. He said it was about 25 degrees, but the AK guy told him that was his "summer" weather, and couldn't wear the heavy jacket.

But, if I'm ever up that way, and in danger of freezing the old testicular sac off
                          People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Last Thursday, I stepped out of the building to go to another office building. When I walked out it was about 50 degrees. WHen I came out of that building, it was about 35, and by the time I got back to the office, it was 25 with a wind chill of 10.

Yeah, it's spring.....
                            Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Rain, Rain, Rain

It never stops raining in the UK..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5432 users online. 307 members and 5125 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X