Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOUR Uniforms

Color? Patches? Hats Yes/no?

Our department is pretty standard. Midnight navy blue, department patch on left shoulder and american flag on the right. No oogly hats

I really think the dark blue on blue is the only good looking one out there.

What about everyone else?

We wear the dark Navy blue uniforms with black nylon or black patent leather gear. Department patch and rank on both sleeves. No stripe on the pants unless you are command staff. Round bus driver hats and ties, but only as part of the dress uniform. I wish we had some lighter colored shirts, say maybe a grey or blue/grey, since the Florida sun gets a little warm.
    God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Our normal working uniform consists of Black BDU style shorts and white polo style shirt with "Police" written in black across the back. Officers and Corporals have a silver embroidered badge and corporals have silver chevrons on the collar. Sergeants and above have a gold embroidered badge with gold rank insignia. Top it off with a black ball cap.

We also have a more traditional uniform that is rarely ever worn. It consists of black trousers with a grey stripe, a grey short sleeved shirt with department patch on both sholders. Corporals and above wear silver rank on the collar.
      No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

the lapd navy blue shirt pants make the sharpest police uniform.

police should not wear lt blue shirts

Comment

We have the dark navy blue....

For "C" Uniforms we have the options to wear black fitted baseball cap with "POLICE" embroidered on the front and badge number and last name at the back or just badge number, our issued poly shirt or the navy blue polo shirt with dept patches, six-pockets tactical pants or the issued poly pants, then our external carrier vest with embroidered badge or the actual badge and "POLICE" patch front and back.
          "Don't be an Idiot - Use your common sense!" - Freakapino

Comment

You said you wear the American flag on the Right shoulder; which way is the star field, anterior or posterior?

Stay Safe!!!

NCHawk56

Comment

LAPD blue pants and shirt with a patch on both shoulders, badge centered over left breast pocket, name tag centered over right. Ugly nylon gear. Boots or shoes. Lame *** bus driver hats (only mandatory when directing traffic or while on a foot post. Dark t-shirt.
              "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

We wear light blue shirts and navy pants, patch on left shoulder and flag on the right. We have pretty neat baseball style hats we can wear if we want that have out town name and a little color design. Leather gear.

mark7777, why the hate for light blue? just curious.

Comment

Dark navy shirts (short in summer, long in winter) and dark navy uniform pants with 1 inch french blue stripe. We have stetsons, but only wear them for special occasions i.e. funerals and parades. Department patch on each shoulder, with the flag above the right front pocket. And of course all the other goodies, whistle/chain, badge, name tag, coller pins.
                  "I only had a couple!"

Comment

Originally posted by dvsmnstr
                    We wear light blue shirts and navy pants, patch on left shoulder and flag on the right. We have pretty neat baseball style hats we can wear if we want that have out town name and a little color design. Leather gear.

mark7777, why the hate for light blue? just curious.

I don't hate it per se we wear lt blue shirts they are easier to get dirty. to me lt blue is just more related to the fire service than police depts.

as long as the uniform looks professional and they do not make you wear some wild color like lime green t shirts its fine

crap i better not speak to loud next thing i know our fire dept will make us wear lime green t shirts lol.

Comment

Being a small town department our uniforms are pretty simple. In the summer we wear denim Wranglers and a black polo shirt, and in winter the same pants except with the denim Wrangler work shirts. It looks good especially when the officers keep their pants starched and pressed neatly. We have the option of what duty gear we want, pretty laid back deparment.

Comment

We have gray cargo pants and gray top with department patches on each side, no hats.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mlburrows
                          Being a small town department our uniforms are pretty simple. In the summer we wear denim Wranglers and a black polo shirt, and in winter the same pants except with the denim Wrangler work shirts. It looks good especially when the officers keep their pants starched and pressed neatly. We have the option of what duty gear we want, pretty laid back deparment.
                          Sounds like Walker, Texas Ranger.

What is the population in your jurisdiction?
                          "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."

Romans 13:4

Comment

Around 2800 people. The purpose of the uniforms being as they are is that a pair of Wrangler jeans cost us about $25 and the polo shirts run us about 20. The work shirts with patches cost about 25. Adding them together it is about 70 for a complete uniform. This low cost on the total uniform lets us put more money into equipment and other things that we need. It really is a good idea and being a small country town it does look good. I took this as an inquiry and not an insult I hope I was right. Small town departments need to spare cost and use money where it needs to be used and not worry about costs for uniforms.
                            Last edited by mlburrows; 09-07-2005, 10:48 PM.

Comment

No one looks better than the NYPD!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5174 users online. 319 members and 4855 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X