300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I take a ride? & WHY?

I'm going to Tazer training on Thursday. What are the benefits, (if any) of "taking a ride?" For those of you that rode the Tazer, would you do it again?
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

I got two words for you. DO IT.

I don't think you realize the benefits of it til you do it. I done it about a year 1/2 ago and I will do it right now. If you can stand O.C., you can stand a 5 second hit of the taser. Just take my word for it, the worse thing about the taser is knowing you will get hit by it. We all hear stories of people dying, while don't be on drugs when you get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
      I'm going to Tazer training on Thursday. What are the benefits, (if any) of "taking a ride?" For those of you that rode the Tazer, would you do it again?
      "So, Officer, you percieved my client as a threat and shot him with the tazer. He says now he has constant headaches. Why shouldn't you pay my clients medical bills?"

"Because through my training we were taught that the use of the taser has no long-term side effects."

"Yes, Officer, but have you ever been hit by a taser?"

"Well, no, but..."

Just like OC, if you aren't prepared to do unto yourself, then you shouldn't do unto others.

Also anything you are given can be potentially taken away from you by a perp. As a professional warrior, wouldn't want to know how you'd handle the situation and gain the experience of being hit by a taser so you know what to expect?
      You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
        "So, Officer, you percieved my client as a threat and shot him with the tazer. He says now he has constant headaches. Why shouldn't you pay my clients medical bills?"
        I used my department issued taser through an escaltion of force methods based on the departmental use of force continuum. As I was acting within the law and department regulations and was engaged in the execution of my duties as a law enforcement officer, I do not believe that I am directly responsible for your clients alleged ill health.
        No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Originally posted by mosetti
          I used my department issued taser through an escaltion of force methods based on the departmental use of force continuum. As I was acting within the law and department regulations and was engaged in the execution of my duties as a law enforcement officer, I do not believe that I am directly responsible for your clients alleged ill health.

{loud buzzer noise} Wrong answer....

Better answer.....

"Because I asked to be tased myself so I would know first hand that there are no lasting effects from the taser....have you ever been tased counselor??
          An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

I have never carried a taser, so this is a "teach me" thing and not an "I know best" thing. I don't understand why being tased makes you more qualified to use a taser. I am not a medical doctor, nor have I ever done studies into the effect of electricity on the human body. I don't have to get shot with a pistol in order to be better qualified to know its debilitating effects.
            No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Before we were issued tazer, we had to be tased requirements of my department. During that enjoyable day, we had two officers who would hold up victim err person underneath the elbows, and Lt, would get em with tazers. It was fun, and lord behold it H U R T S. I've never gone down to ground so quick as I did that day within half a second.

But also, we were told, if the defendant ever brings up the defense that Tazer injured em, or sues Department, we can provide tape of us being tazed each individually and taped for our sake.

Comment

If I had to sign a disclaimer to try a company product, I would say NO thanks.
                I doubt your testimony on long term affects would not be relevant since your not a doctor.
                As far as the legal aspect I would think an approach, like you knew of the dangers and put my clients life at risk anyway to make your life easier right officer so and so.

You don

Comment

Grand Jury - so officer you shot the suspect because he managed to get hold of your tazer?

You - yes sir.

Grand Jury - Why did you feel that killing the suspect was warranted?

You - Sir, I have been shot with and experienced the incapacitating effects of the tazer. I knew that if the suspect was willing to use the tazer against me that I would be unable to respond when he attempted to take my firearm and kill me. If he were willing to use the tazer against me I knew that he would be willing to go to further lengths to end my life. I knew that I would be unable to respond to his attack because when I was shot with the tazer I was unable to do anything besides lay on the ground and groan.

Hmm, think I'd like to be able to answer from experience as opposed to speculation.

The ride isn't that bad. It's five really crappy seconds, but when it's over, it's over. It is not the same as being shot with your duty gun or hit with an asp, both of which carry potential long term effects so that argument is dumb. Getting hit with OC shows you what you are going to face if you are exposed and build your confidence that you can fight through it if needed. Getting shot with the tazer does the same thing, except showing you that you are not going to do a damn thing except twitch if you get on the wrong side of it.

I just like to know about my tools. I can see what a firearm or an asp does, but OC and the tazer you can only truly understand by experiencing it yourself.
                  "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4537 users online. 239 members and 4298 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X