300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED SOME PC HELP !

Last night while doing a virus scan with Norton, it detects a virus called (trojan horse0 back door. I found the infected file, however Norton cannot fix or even quarintine it. I tried to manually delete the file, however it will not give me access to the file to actually delete it. any advice out there! I really don't want to re-format if I don't have to.
    "REMEMBER, COPS ARE YOUR FRIENDS !!"

If you go to any of the big anti-virus sites, do a search for the virus name. Most will have instructions on how to remove them.

Comment

Try www.antivirus.com it may work and you can do it for free.

Comment

Another option might be to use the GO BACK feature if it is installed on your PC.

If not, either update your virus information files and then try to remove it.

If that doesnt work, FORMAT time!
        Make sure you backup your files and SCAN them for viruses before you put them back on your 'clean' drive.
        Ignorance can be remedied, stupidity cannot.

Comment

Actually, a lot of trojan horse viruses are disguised as executable programs so most virus scans like McAffee and Norton will not detect them.

A great software proggy to have is called "The Cleaner" available for download from http://www.download.com

The Cleaner is made specifically for trojan horse viruses and will let you do three scans and cleaning before you have to pay for it.

Hope this helps.
          No partner is worth your tears -
          the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Found the publisher's site.. Funny name but I guarantee you it does the trick. I had to use it on my dad's computer when he got a
            trojan horse virus.
            http://www.moosoft.com/
            No partner is worth your tears -
            the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Have you tried deleting it through DOS?
              Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

I strongly suggest getting a firewall, espicially if you have a cable internet connection. I have a Norton firewall up on my personal firewall and it keeps people from trying to zap you with trojan horses.
                RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Yes, delete it through dos. When your computer boots up, it's either F5 or F8 that you keep pressing to get the start up menu. You'll see a selection to start the computer in DOS mode. Select that. the computer will start in DOS mode.

Then, chage to the directory where the virus file us located by typing CD-backslash-directory name, without the hyphens, and verify it is there by typing DIR and pressing enter.

Delete the file by typing in DEL a space and the first 4 or five letters of the file name plus an asterisk with NO space between the letters and the asterisk. Make sure no other files in that directory, or folder, start with those same letters as those will be deleted also.

If that doesn't work then you will have to clear all the file attributes from this file and then re try the delete.

If you need more help email me. [email protected]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6700 users online. 363 members and 6337 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X