300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinatti 'verdict'???

A friend of mine in Cinc'y was talking to the prosecutor the other day. HE thinks that the city is going to hang the officer out to dry...in hopes of avoiding more rioting. He said he will most likely be charged with 'negligent homicide'.

------------------
    HEARTS and MINDS
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

I sure hope not. How can someone morally justify an unmeritous prosecution for the sake of public expediency? If the shooting was justified, the chief ought to go on TV and say, point-by-point, WHY it was justified, finishing with " If it was me, I'd have shot him, too." Not likely, though.

------------------
    God, I love my job!-Porthos
    "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

Just heard on CNN. The officer was charged as I indicated....

------------------
      HEARTS and MINDS
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

If I was a white cop I would have to think long and hard about trying to do my job when it comes to black people. Maybe white cops should protest or something. Maybe they should all just quit.

Comment

IMO, *IF* in fact the administration is throwing this officer to the 'wolves', so to speak, all in the HOPES of averting more riots, then ALL the officers...black AND white, should walk off and let Cinc'y BURN.

------------------
          HEARTS and MINDS

Comment

He was indicted for Negligent Homicide and Obstructing An Investigation. According to CNN, both are misdemeanors which carry a total of up to 9 months in prison.

This is an absolute outrage and an obvious response to public opinion. Even this indictment is insufficient to keep the miscreants from protesting as Cincinatti appears to be on the verge of another riot.

I certainly hope that the trial jury is less susceptible to PUBLIC OPINION than the grand jury!

The only thing that was accomplished today was that the country was weakened and the thin blue line got a little bit thinner.

For shame!!

G.A.

------------------
            No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista
            No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

Amen to that G.A.

No matter what happens from this point on this officer will never recieve a fair trial in the city of Cincinatti, he has already been tried and convicted in the court of public opinion, with the media and the NAACP acting as the judge and jury!

------------------
              I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
              Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Glockarmorer:
                He was indicted for Negligent Homicide and Obstructing An Investigation. According to CNN, both are misdemeanors which carry a total of up to 9 months in prison.

This is an absolute outrage and an obvious response to public opinion. Even this indictment is insufficient to keep the miscreants from protesting as Cincinatti appears to be on the verge of another riot.

I certainly hope that the trial jury is less susceptible to PUBLIC OPINION than the grand jury!

The only thing that was accomplished today was that the country was weakened and the thin blue line got a little bit thinner.

For shame!!

G.A.

Comment

These types of pc prosecutions are going to continue until we, the public, start sticking up for an officer's right to defend himself if he has a reasonable belief that his life is being threatened. Unfortunately the public is swallowing the media's cop bashing efforts, hook line and sinker. This officer will not get a fair trial in Cincy. He may not get one anywhere.

I think they should publicize the jury selection process. You would see that everyone who knows a cop will be removed from the jury. Everyone who has the experience of a police officer will be removed from the jury. Every conservative (if detected) will be removed from the jury. My husband was removed from a jury in a cop shooting when the prosecutor learned he had 10 kids and a good job. The last jury I watched in a cop case ended up composed mostly of high-lo drivers. The pc judge allowed a man on the jury who admitted that he had a problem with cops and that 3 of his best friends were convicted criminals! Was this really a "jury of one's peers" for the cop on trial? I don't think so.

------------------
                  Thalia, mom of 10 (so far) "Women shouldn't have children after 35, thirty five children are enough."

Comment

Looks obvious to me that there wasn't enough evidence to indite him on a "good" charge, so the cowards put two misdemeanors on him. All they've done is **** everybody off. The minority community wouldn't be satisfied with anything less than Murder 1. I guess they figure that his friends and family won't riot if they railroad him. Cowards.
                    It is good to hate the French. -Al Bundy

Comment

Unless mistaken, in Ohio, Negligent Homicide carries a prison sentence of up to 7 years. That doesn't qualify as a FELONY???

------------------
                      HEARTS and MINDS

Comment

Wasnt there didnt know what happened but the way things are going for us now days did you expect any different....Where is Rudolph Guliania when you need him

Comment

Here's a link to the story....
                          http://www.msnbc.com/news/569745.asp

I agree with the previous posts. Just an attempt by the prosecutor's office to hopefully appease some of these knot-heads.

------------------
                          "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."
                          "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

In Ohio negligant homicide is a misdemeanor punishable up to 6 months in jail. He was also indicted with Obstruction of Official Business because he apparantly gave two different versions of what happened. On eth day of the shooting he claimed to have shot in self defense, three days later he claimed it was an accident. Of course after a shooting how could anyone be thinking clearly? Of course his story changed once he had calmed down and thought through the events that happened.

The riots did not reoccur though if the jury came back with a no-bill I am sure they would have. There were a small handfull of peaceful protestors but nothing major. The prosecutor sat on the decision for 24 hours before releasing it so that the police would mobilize.

I find it odd that with the high tensions surrounding this case that the jury was not even sequestered. They were able to see the effects of the rioting and were influenced by the extreme media hyping of this as being another racist cop. I think Officer Roach should request a change of venue on his trial.

Officer Roach is now back to work, desk duty, with all his police powers suspended.

Comment

Oh in addition.. I also think Officer Roach is going to be made a scapegoat. All you hear is 15 black men have been killed by Cincy officers.. They make it seem as if Cincy officer are all white males hunting down black men. Not true.. Some of those 15 black men killed were killed by black officers and one female officer who herself was shot 4 times. Two officers were killed while killing the black males and 12 of those cases have been exonerated. One case is still pending in court.

But still, all you hear is how 15 black men have been killed. I am afraid that they are going to make Officer Roach stand trial for all 15 instead of the one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4604 users online. 311 members and 4293 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X