Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrrrrrr...

I am so mf'ing ****ed.

Where I work there is no parking so I have to find a meter or a pay lot. Today, my passenger windshield is knocked the feck out glass is all inside my car. Can you believe nothing was taken? I'm almost sure that it was because I have a law enforcement licence plate.

Sorry I had to rant. Gonna get it fixed on Friday.

Ya'll ever had damage done to your things related to being in law enforcement?

--Piper

were you on a meter or were you in a pay lot. Most pay lots have a attendant so they 1 either saw who did it and did nothing or 2 they themselves did it. IF you were at a meter then you are fair game to just about anything. When I was in security I had my vehicle vandalized a lot because of people I had arrested (well had arrested) or their friends. I even had one vehicle almost totalled while it sat parked at a meter by a drunk driver. If you have something that shows your a police officer or a police supporter you will probally have a few minor vandalizm done to your vewhicle by a person or group who really detest the law. I guess it is one of those things you have to live with in this day of age.

Klar
    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

It was at a meter. No one around, it was under the I65 overpass. Sheesh. I'm still keeping my LE Memorial plate on my car. I feel if I were to go back to a regular plate, "they" win.

Hey, at least it'll only cost me $200.00 Here I was thinking $1000.00 *lol* I never had to buy glass for a car before.

--Piper

Comment

LOL front glass is not that expensive unless your adding a lot of tint to it and then your getting into a legal issue as to how much can or can not be legally tinted and how dark that tint can be. Yes a plain windshield installed should be from $180 to $300 depending on the service and the type of car. I would not get rif of the law enforcemnt stuffs. I still have mine and the vandalism has gone way down. I have not had a problem for the past two years. I would check into getting a pay lot and see if your company will reimburse for part or all of the cost as you do need to get to work and have a place to park.

Klar
        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Precisely why I don't have an LE license plate.

I don't even have my County issued parking sticker permanently attached to my windshield.

I would much rather someone had to really hunt for my POV.
          Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

The only kind of identification on my vehicle now is my Iowa States Sheriffs and Deputies Association bumper sticker.

Klar

Comment

Originally posted by Piper:
              I'm still keeping my LE Memorial plate on my car. I feel if I were to go back to a regular plate, "they" win.
              Don't let your pride get in the way of what's most important here -- YOUR SAFETY!

It's already bad enough that I often get "made" off-duty...I don't need my personal car to bring additional attention to my LE status.

Comment

Piper,I can relate hun. I walked out to my suv parked in front of my house on a Monday morning in January to find my driver side window shattered...the mirror and the back windshield shot out (yes shot out). On my back window was a LE sticker along with my Black Dog Sticker.

I was so upset that I started crying and when the police finally came they were so very nice and sympathetic.I really felt violated. The glass people were very nice too when they arrived 2 hours later and charged a huge amount of money to fix it...thank goodness for insurance.

So I feel for you Piper.
                Hugs!
                Shan

Comment

Thanks hun...

Got my window fixed, but now my power locks don't work from the inside. The folks that fixed it are sending me to the dealer and they'll pay for them to fix it. Oy.

I cried to Shannon, I felt so angry and violated. On my way to work this morning I was looking at every person on the street wondering..."Did you do it..." I'm feeling much better though, the shock is wearing off.

--Piper

Comment

I went through something similar while I was in the Navy. I was stationed at Norfolk Naval Station in Norfolk, VA.

One day I parked in the parking lot as usual. The only exception was that I had duty that night, so I had to stay on the ship and leave my POV out in the parking lot.

Of course it never crossed my mind that anything would ever happen to me. Being that it was a closed military installation that was accessable only by military personell.

Anyway, the next day when I went to go home, I noticed that the driver side window of my POV had been broken. Once inside, the burglar stole my radio, speakers, cd's, and my windshield wiper motor.

I reported it to the military police, but they never found out who did it.

I felt very violated and angry. The worst part is that it was one of our own who had to have done it.
                    Attitude is a reflection of leadership.

Comment

I guess it is one of those things you have to live with in this day of age.
                      WHY?
                      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

IF I knew the answer to why I would try to do something to change it. Lord knows that most people just do not care about things nowadays unless it directly involves them. You can walk down the street and accidently drop a $10 a $ or even $1 dollar bill and noone will tell you it fell out of your pocket or that you dropped it they will just pick it up and pocket it and continue on their merry way. IF by chance you do find one who will tell you then you have found someone who still believes in the way it once was.

Klar

Comment

Oy?

Piper...just where are you from? And DON'T change the subject and try to sweet talk me this time or bring up that tattoo you keep telling us about!

Well, on second thought, you CAN sweet talk if you want to

Seriously, though... "Oy?" When did you serve in the British Navy?
                          People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Hmmm if I am able to get over there in louisville before sgt dave does that mean I will see piper's tatoo before he does? Hmmm things that make you go hmmmmm. LOL

Klar

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Dave:
                              Oy?

Piper...just where are you from? And DON'T change the subject and try to sweet talk me this time or bring up that tattoo you keep telling us about!

Well, on second thought, you CAN sweet talk if you want to

Seriously, though... "Oy?" When did you serve in the British Navy?
                              LMAO....if you must know, I'm from Texas. Dad was in the Army so we travelled alot. *LOL* I guess you could just say that I have an extensive vocabulary.

And as for sweet talking and tattoos...all I have to say is...

*snickers*
                              --Piper

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5317 users online. 310 members and 5007 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X