300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Is Light Today ???

It is saturday and from 7 AM until now I think traffic on the surface streets and on the freeways is very light for a Labor Day Weekend.
    Anybody else notice this ???

Same here, a few MC's, but nothing much to speak of. I'm sure the 3.09 a gallon is keeping people at home.
    In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

It has been eerie for the last few days. No traffic and no calls.

Comment

Yup. Traffic is very light here too.
        It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Traffic on I20 was a little heavy due to the fact I10 was closed down along the coast.

Gas stations ran out of Fuel at Rayville,LA and did not find any until you got over to Atlanta,GA or Montgomery, AL depending on how you went.
          Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Same here, the motels are fairly empty, and there was supposed to be an ATV rally/poker run in the area this weekend. Haven't seen bupkiss for ATV's. I thinks its the combo of high gas prices and the hurricane destruction.
            "I only had a couple!"

Comment

With gas prices they way they are, I don't see a lot of people loading up the boat or camper for the weekend.

It has gotten so out of hand that the wife and I drive to work and back. Once a week or so we drive to the store. That's about it.
              That's nice....sign here.

Comment

Made the hour drive down, and then hour back to my lil brother's college game last night and cried every time I noticed the needle had moved.
                In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

New Jersey

This is the first holiday weekend I have ever seen the roads this quiet. I went down to a family gathering down the shore last night. Getting there and getting home was no problem at all. I actually made it under the usual time.
                  I too wanted to cry after using a quarter of a tank.

Comment

Yeah, $3.10/gal gas kinda ruined my plans to drive from StL to Atlanta this weekend. I64 and I270 weren't too bad when I saw the news, but that can all change with one ******r on a cellphone and a large truck.

Comment

SA town hasn't calmed down a bit. Roads are still busy and Sea World was a moron magnet today,,it was packed to the gills (pun intended). Folks here are still driving like they're inmitating Dale E.

Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Comment

I worked 2030 to 0230 last night and it was fairly slow in our town. The hot action of the night was an escaped 5150 and a B&E at a business. Other than that, it was traffic.

Hey Bodie, one of the officers snagged somebody going the wrong way down a one-way street and they were WHITE!
                        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

I worked traffic on Friday, and had 2 stops all night from 4p to 12a. The usual is 6 to 10 stops. It was extremely light, considering I patrol a hiway into a tourist area.
                          Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Afternoon traffic is about the same where I am. But evening and weekend traffic....WAY down. Of course with the 3 day holiday, drinking is up. So calls are up. Nothing makes the time fly by like typing up reports on another domestic.....
                            That's nice....sign here.

Comment

I noticed this too on Sunday. This seems odd, however we all know of the supporting factor.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6154 users online. 331 members and 5823 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X