300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprinkles

You've eaten them......the little colored things on top of cookies and doughnuts. They drop all over the place.

So yesterday, I was shopping and was going to get some to put on cookies (yes, I bake......you want to make something of it. ). Anyway, I made the mistake of actually reading what was in them..........

Carnuba Wax. I know it's supposed to be good to make my car shiny, but do I really want to eat it. I also found out that those little colored sugar crystals have it in them too.

Wow! You mean the fonz actually bakes?

[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: Neltja ]
    When you meet someone better than yourself, turn your thoughts to becoming his equal. When you meet someone not as good as you are, look within and examine yourself....

Comment

Ya know, now that you mention it, those things kinda taste like wax!
      Ignorance can be remedied, stupidity cannot.

Comment

NiteShift, do you sit to pee too? But seriously, what kind of cookies do you usually make Mr. Keebler?

[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: Mr.Orange ]
        "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

Mr. Orange That was mean. Niteshift, you can bake for me any time. It nice to know there are still men out there who can cook.
          "To each his own"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Orange:
            NiteShift, do you sit to pee too?
            [ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: Mr.Orange ]
            HEY!! When at home, I sit to pee... it's easier to do that than to clean my ricochets and splatters. And I don't bake!

[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: occiferdave ]

Comment

Originally posted by occiferdave:

HEY!! When at home, I sit to pee... it's easier to do that than to clean my ricochets and splatters. And I don't bake!

[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: occiferdave ]

Don't you have a wife to clean that?
              Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

That candy "Nerds" has carnuba wax, too. In fact, you'd probably be surprised how many candy foods have it in them.
                I am disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious? - Mr. Sparkle

Comment

Oh goodie, another "can you believe what you're eating thread!"

Well, carnuba wax is from palm trees and comes in different grades, depending on what it is used for, food or car waxing. Probably won't hurt you, since we have probably all eaten gallons of it already.

On the other hand, confectioners glaze, which is used to make some candies shiny, think M&M's, hard-shell almonds,etc., are covered in BEETLE JUICE, also known as SHELLAC! Little bitty beetles secrete shellac to hold their eggs on tree twigs. This BUG glue is harvested and used to make candy!

Now, all together....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Friday

Comment

And furthermore, there is nothing more appealing than a man who can cook and feel comfortable in the kitchen. Even better if he can do dishes in a pinch!

And the world's most famous chefs are all men, so it's an honorable and manly occupation!

Friday

Comment

Handy to know the next time I get a little hungry while waxing the wife's car!
                      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

My husband is a gourmet cook. He LOVES to cook. He doesn't make any desserts which is good because I just found out I have diabetes. But he makes wonderful entrees. Some men, like my husband and maybe Niteshift, cook because it's relaxing.

Comment

LOL I cook at times, or is it me pretending to cook I can never figure it out but either way I do a good job at it. I cook to fulfill a need and that need is my tummy. It needs to be filled LOL

Klar
                          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Stone That's cruel. She's a wife, not a cleaning lady.

On the carnuba wax subject, if it hasn't killed anyone after all these years I'm not going to start worrying about it now. Or is it a new additive?

Comment

I thought the wife was the cleaning lady until the kids got old enough to be trained to clean everything so you did not have too. I will say that I do my share of cleaning so do not jump all over me too badly LOL.

Klar
                              Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4894 users online. 282 members and 4612 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X