300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans for the summer - Special Events

What are your plans for the summer? Attending any concerts? Going camping? Staying at home? Moving?

I have Bon Jovi tickets and plan to take a few weeks off the end of the summer to go North if possible!!! Anywhere there are no phones or pagers! I just moved late last fall so I'm still fixing up around the home.

Comment

unfortunately we have no special vacation plans this year. we were going to try to tie in a vacation with my trip to L.A. in august but that stupid thing called "money" kinda put a damper on that. too bad too because we really wanted to do that.

the only other special thing i have going this summer (other than business travel) is next weekend my old band is doing our "20th anniversary/reunion" gig at a big outdoor venue in Y-town. in fact they had a big news article about it in the paper yesterday. so i'm looking forward to that.

the rest of the summer will be taken up by projects around the yard and house...oh boy!!

[ 06-20-2003, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: nickg ]
      I'll post, You argue.

Comment

When does summer start? I'm leaving for a camping trip in just a few hours . We'll probably do a few weekend trips (next month we're going scuba diving at a local lake). Our big trip for the summer is an annual family reunion -- we all get together for a week somewhere on the east coast. This year it'll be at a lake in Virgina (forget which one). They're always a blast. Usually I need another week afterwards just to recover.
        "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

Wonderwoman? Bon Jovi? omg I went and saw them in April here in town. I felt like a teeny bopper at that show. That was the BEST concert I had ever been to in my life. I was in a state of euphoria for a week after that.........*sigh* You will have so much fun especially if you are a huge fan.

Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

I don't have many summer plans... went to see Peter Gabriel last week (he was awesome, btw) and in July I will be going to a hot springs in way south Texas. The desert & hot springs in July don't seem to go together but I am looking forward to a few days of R&R, horseback riding, hiking.... and no phone or TV

Most of my summer will be spent waiting for a certain someone to get back from Kuwait.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
            and I'm not sure about the former.
            -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

I'm such a loser. No plans, no concerts (haven't seen once since 1994), no nothing. Will be spending most of the summer getting alternately sunburnt and mosquito-bitten taking pictures around the twin cities, and bleary-eyed and pasty white working on my website. <sigh>

Sometimes I really think I need a lighter camera.
              Sarcasm: Just another valuable service I provide.

Comment

We're moving in 10 days and are going to see American Idol on tour on July 25th. Go CLAY!
                "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

Plans? Well, we are going to New Mexico for July 4th (week) and we have not planned much else. Baby bunny is trying to walk, so we will be busy with that, I guess. I 'd like to move back home to Texas, but that is still pretty iffy. It is obvious that I have not been home in awhile if I want to move back to Texas during the summer...but hey, home is home..heat and all. [Wink]
                  "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
                  Davy Crockett

Comment

George Thorogood tonight. Western Caribbean cruise in August.
                    Bill R

Comment

I'm probably going to wind up spending most of the summer working; one of the competitor stores of the grocery store I work at is going out on strike, and the other competitor may go out with them!

But on the plus side, I work in the dairy cooler, so it's like having a huge air conditioner all to myself!

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by AutumnAngel:
                        Wonderwoman? Bon Jovi? omg I went and saw them in April here in town. I felt like a teeny bopper at that show. That was the BEST concert I had ever been to in my life. I was in a state of euphoria for a week after that.........*sigh* You will have so much fun especially if you are a huge fan.

I am definately a big fan!!! I saw them in Detroit last time. Between him and Sting its a toss up as to who is my favourite!! Both make me drool BIG TIME!!

Comment

I will work, and plan a long excursion in the fall on a wild river. I will continue to be the object of Wonderwomans desire.

Comment

Landscaping, painting my deck, working at the PD and MAYBE, if I'm lucky, ANOTHER camping trip.
                            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                            -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Mike Tx:
                              I will continue to be the object of Wonderwomans desire.

Yeah baby.........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5118 users online. 291 members and 4827 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X