300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another CANADIAN Trucker Kills Two Inures 4

In Pickaway County south of Columbus Ohio another Canadaian trucker slammed into a row of stopped traffic. He killed on man in a car and a woman that was a passenger on a motorcycle.
    Several other people were hurt two seriously. The trucker was not injured and in in the Picakaway County Jail charged with two counts of vehicular homicide.
    Crash happened in broad daylight yesterday. This just after the trucker from Canda that could not speak english crashed into an apartment building in Marysville (See previous posts)

What is it with Canadian Truckers are the rules there so lax that they can drive all the hours they want and do they pop pills to stay awake like a lot of idiot truckers here do ???

UPDATE: Third person from this crash has died. Sheriff says three minutes prior to crash office received reports of erratic semi on U S Rt 23 before they could get close the crash happened. Driver now charged with three counts of Vehiculer Homicide. Speculation is he fell alseep at wheel.
    Last edited by Bodie; 09-03-2005, 05:08 AM.

I'm not going to get into a ****ing match about Canada vs US truck drivers, but we don't make a big deal everytime an American screws up. The fact of the matter is, with Canada and the US being neighbours and having the trading relationship that we have, it's only a matter of time before something happens.

Our driving regulations aren't very different than yours. My uncle is a trucker and he says that some states have better laws and some have worse than the different provinces in Canada. I think it would be fair to say that every province and state makes safety the number one issue. It's also safe to say that there a morons on both sides of the border who should not be behind the wheel. There is good reason why there are dedicated traffic units.

In Alberta, the provincial government is looking at making all driver's complete mandatory schooling, similar to the way an electrian would apprentice.

Proud to be Canadian, happy to be America's neighbour, working to keep idiots off the road!
    But by the grace of God, I am what I am.
    1 Corinthians 15:10

Comment

I will say, I am Canadian and living in the US, and yes, there are idiots on both sides. I grew up in Vancouver, and everytime I go back to visit family, I have no hesitation to say that the truckers, whether they be close to home or driving through, drive like freakin maniacs up in the Fraser Valley (Vancouver area). It'll be pouring rain in **** poor visibility and a trucker will fly past me in the slow lane doing 130 km/h plus, weaving in between the wiser drivers. This happens countless times up there on the number 1 - I'll already be speeding at 120 km/h+ and they fly by at over 130/140. Then you wonder why there are so many truck related accidents up there. I don't speak for the general trucking population, but for the frequent run-ins I have with the few maniacs behind the wheel.

There are a lot of stupid truckers in cali too, but I've never seen ONE even come close to exceeding 110 km/h, even on an empty freeway, as rare as that may be down here. They usually just cut you off or tailgate you, but at least they are slower doing it.

Comment

Eh my beef with the other canadian truck driver was the fact that he didn't speak english. I think that has to be a requirement to drive in the US. The fact that he's canadian doesn't matter, nor does it matter with this truck driver.

45,000 die in the US each year due to traffic crashes. That's about 1 every 8 minutes. I guarantee you that the vast majority of people who cause those crashes are regular american made dumbasses.
        Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

That's why with so many idiots on the road we no longer call traffic crashes accidents just crashes. 95% or better are totally avoidable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
            What is it with Canadian Truckers are the rules there so lax that they can drive all the hours they want and do they pop pills to stay awake like a lot of idiot truckers here do ???
            To start off with.....it don't matter what the rules are in Canada. When he crossed the border he has to comply with U.S. regs.

Popping pills.....maybe twenty years ago. The new random drug testing laws are finding less then one percent of drivers testing positive. Not saying it don't happen, just not like it use to. Hell, it's hard any more to even find a lot lizard

Up to eighty percent of crashes between cars and trucks are caused by the car. In this case it sounds like an idiot truck driver though.

Just like anything else, you can make lots of laws for or against something, and honest people will follow them. But outlaws will just ignore them.

About a month ago there was a thread about an LEO that got drunk, then drove, and killed himself. Should we believe the actions of that one LEO should stand for all LEO's or just understand that there are bad apples in every crowd??
            Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Geesh, Bodie, what's your issue with Canadians?

Comment

Give this a read. http://www.cantruck.com/policies/safety/service.htm . It's from the Canadian Trucking Alliance site. The links along the side are pretty informative too.

Laws are set in place, but with tight schedules drivers will often make bad decisions and drive more hours than allowed in order to make up for lost time.

Comment

I gotta agree with bodie here... a few french canadians have left their share of skidmarks here in the state of NY

Pierre Boulay, a tour bus driver, crashed on I-87 at the border patrol check point in north hudson. Injuring 54 when he rear end a tractor trailor.
                  reference http://www.pressrepublican.com/Archi.../022320041.htm

Then you had Jean Marc Petitclerc driving a rig who rear ended a back up of cars at the same checkpoint killing 4 people
                  reference
                  http://www.pressrepublican.com/Archi.../052820051.htm

Then you have Jacek Bujalski who hit a sheriff deputy's cruiser who had stopped another french canadian mind you for speeding.
                  reference
                  http://www.pressrepublican.com/Archi.../081820051.htm

again.. I'm ALL WITH YOU BODIE... ALL WITH YOU

whats wrong with canadians... french canadians... geez.. as soon as you cross the border you are subject to US LAWS AND REGULATIONS. here the speed is measured in MPH (miles per hour) so leave your kilometers in canada... and we speak english... so if you speak french and french only and can't even read english signs stay away from US roadways please.

like it was already said we have enough homegrown morons... we don't need international ones

Comment

This isn't a "Canadian thing;" it's a "trucking thing." We're not out to get you.

Comment

Lets ban the trucks......

yea.....thats it...... lets boycott the tar out of them.....

I say don't buy anything that a truck delivers for a whole year....

that will teach those nasty drivers a thing or two...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      Laws are set in place. Then groups like PATT or CRASH sue the government because they don't like them.
                      They change the law.
                      Another group comes in and sues the government.
                      They change the law
                      ect...
                      ect...
                      ect...
                      The only thing I see from all this is honest truckers going broke because they can not compete with unhonest truckers that don't give a flying flip about the law.
                      Every time I find a way to make an honest buck.....they change the law.

You want safe, well maintained trucks on the highway??? How??? With the price of fuel going up and up and up. There is no money left for tires.
                      State has a budget short fall, raise the highway use tax. I did not need that set of brakes anyway, that four wheeler will stop me.

According to OOIDA, some drivers are being forced to work thirty to forty hours a week for free on the docks. If the driver logs this time, they get starved out ( by people that drive cars) and replaced with a driver that can fill out a log book to suit the company.

The driver has the least control over how, when and where the truck operates.

People that drive cars have the most control. Unfortunately, they don't give a rats patuty what kind of wreck your log book or pay check gets left in.

At a company in PA, I refused to do the dock work for free, The shipper told me that drivers were required to do the work, but no one wanted to pay for the time. If I did the work, and log it as it was supposed to , I would have run out of hours and not made my appointment on the other end. Miss an appointment with some companies, you sit for two or three days (again for free) until they decide they have time to unload you. Hard to feed a family this way.

Anyway....I did not load the truck for free, and my company lost the account to a company that had drivers that would break the law.

I'll be the first to admit to some really screwed up drivers on the roads.
                      But if you want better and safer drivers, then quit running the honest one out of business. Remember, it's people that drive cars that enable bad drivers to succeed
                      Tell the stores that you buy stuff from that you don't mind paying a little extra for using truckers that will follow the law.

Wait.... no .... then those people will jack up the price for you and still use the outlaws, and pocket the difference....

To be honest, I'm beginning to believe a honest trucker has about as much of a chance as a snowball in that hot place
                      Last edited by Straight Up; 09-07-2005, 01:06 AM. Reason: Stepping off of soapbox
                      Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPGreg
                        I gotta agree with bodie here... a few french canadians have left their share of skidmarks here in the state of NY

Pierre Boulay, a tour bus driver, crashed on I-87 at the border patrol check point in north hudson. Injuring 54 when he rear end a tractor trailor.
                        reference http://www.pressrepublican.com/Archi.../022320041.htm

Then you had Jean Marc Petitclerc driving a rig who rear ended a back up of cars at the same checkpoint killing 4 people
                        reference
                        http://www.pressrepublican.com/Archi.../052820051.htm

Then you have Jacek Bujalski who hit a sheriff deputy's cruiser who had stopped another french canadian mind you for speeding.
                        reference
                        http://www.pressrepublican.com/Archi.../081820051.htm

again.. I'm ALL WITH YOU BODIE... ALL WITH YOU

whats wrong with canadians... french canadians... geez.. as soon as you cross the border you are subject to US LAWS AND REGULATIONS. here the speed is measured in MPH (miles per hour) so leave your kilometers in canada... and we speak english... so if you speak french and french only and can't even read english signs stay away from US roadways please.

like it was already said we have enough homegrown morons... we don't need international ones
                        Try being a CANADIAN that goes to Quebec, and can't read much of anything because there's a LAW that states that ALL signs must be in FRENCH ONLY. No wonder they can't read the signs anywhere else.

But that's a whole other can of beans.

I feel badly for the honest truck driver, they're getting pooched by the idiots, Canadian OR American.

Comment

Originally posted by formercop
                          Try being a CANADIAN that goes to Quebec, and can't read much of anything because there's a LAW that states that ALL signs must be in FRENCH ONLY. No wonder they can't read the signs anywhere else.

But that's a whole other can of beans.

I feel badly for the honest truck driver, they're getting pooched by the idiots, Canadian OR American.
                          Aren't signs for the most part standard across North America??? green=go, stop signs are all octagons, turns/bends are always pretty easy to follow. The only major difference I can think of is mph vs kph. But even spedometres (at least in Canada) have both. Most drivers that do speak the language can't even drive properly.

The only good driver is the one who's parked and not in his vehicle.
                          But by the grace of God, I am what I am.
                          1 Corinthians 15:10

Comment

Ok, I wasn't going to take the bait on this one. But hey, what the heck!

Ok, the US has roughly 290,000,000 people, vs Canada's 31,000,000 people.

So according to the International Road Traffic and Accident Database in 2003 the injury MVA stats look like this:

Total injury MVA's in the United States - 1,963,000

To make it fair I'll multiply Canada's injury accident rate by 10.

Once multiplied by 10 Canada's Total injury MVA rate is 1,569,040

Anyone can pick out a few news articles about bad "Canadian" drivers, but according to the stats you guys driving below the 49th parallel really suck behind the wheel, with between 20% to 25% more accidents on average than us english and non-english speaking Canadians.

*Editted to Add* - That's one injury MVA in the US every 16 seconds.. Oh oh.. wait for it.. Bang! There's another one!!!!
                            Last edited by cst.sb; 09-08-2005, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 51094
                              Aren't signs for the most part standard across North America??? green=go, stop signs are all octagons, turns/bends are always pretty easy to follow. The only major difference I can think of is mph vs kph. But even spedometres (at least in Canada) have both. Most drivers that do speak the language can't even drive properly.

The only good driver is the one who's parked and not in his vehicle.
                              Not all cars are in both mph and kph. My dad's Opel is only in mph and my friend's Volvo is only in kph.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4909 users online. 312 members and 4597 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X