300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to be happy about

We just found out that the closing on our new house is July 01! However, we might be getting the key to the house tomorrow if the sellers agree to let us start moving our things in little by little. I'm so excited! I'm in a better mood these days since I took a breather!

I'm VERY happy that they caught Eric Daley! My husband's sargeant was the one to go down and get the bas****. Can you imagine the car ride home? Oh My...My husband says if it were him he'd have played classical music VERY LOUD the whole way back...stopped at Burger King and ate a whopper in front of him while tossing him a piece of lettuce while making the kid stare a photo of Sgt. Johnson's family.

The funeral is tomorrow and hubby will be going along with many many troopers from all over the country. I wish I could go, but I have the kiddies and I get clausterphobic..there will be wall to wall people. I am choosing to send a card to the family instead.

We had the conversation that we dreaded having last night. We actually sat down and planned my husband's funeral and what I would do if, God forbid, he was killed. It wasn't very fun, but had to be done. Makes you really think how short life could be...in an instant it could be gone.

Oh and thanks for the 1,000 post thread. LOL I didn't even realize you all were counting!
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Congrats! We're also in the process of buying a home (our first). I also know about the "talk", ours was over possible cancer (which luckily turned out benign), but it was definately hard. It got me out to get the life insurance I needed for my baby boy and husband. We all know it will happen some day, but we pray that its lightyears away. Congrats again!
    Although I'm 1/2 Japanese, my American side says there is another word for sushi; BAIT.

Comment

Congratulations on the house,
      we are closing on our first house on Thursday the 26th. and the owners are letting us move things in slowly as well.

as hard as it is to sit down and make plans if God forbid something does happen, it is definitely a good idea. My wife is expecting our first child as soon as we found out, we sat down and made arrangements and a will should something happen to either of us. it is really important to make sure your spouse/children, will be taken care of in case something happened.

our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the VT trooper.

God Bless

[ 06-20-2003, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: Chaplain Wolf ]
      May G-d bless you, keep you safe, and always keep you in his loving care

Comment

We didn't get the keys, but we got the garage door opener. So, that's good enough! We will start moving things in slowly, but have to be moved out of here completely on June 30th (Monday) So, my friends...I'll be gone from about Friday on (maybe sooner), until my stuff gets UNpacked! Which could take forever, since I hate moving. We'll be spending next Monday and Tuesday in a hotel room.

We did it! I thought we'd never get out of this pit.
        "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6050 users online. 363 members and 5687 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X