300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking ticket = Pts. on license?!

To my understanding, parking tickets do not have any effect on pts. on your license. A friend called me up saying they got a parking ticket (same area as I did) and they got a summons in the mail for $200 for a parking ticket along with pts on her dad's license (car is registered under her dad's name). WTF? She never saw the ticket because, like in my case, some a-hole must have taken it off her car and ripped it up. Could it have been because the ticket was not paid for on time or is it possible that some parking tickets may put points on your license?

Needless to say, she said she didn't see any signs forbidding parking. This ticket was given by the Hempstead Village "Police" (Nassau, NY), needless to say, this whole ordeal has left a very bitter taste in my mouth about their department.

Probably depends on where you live? Here in my part of Ohio, if you get a parking ticket, it doesn't put points on your license, but if you dont pay it they can block your registration to renew or obtain plates!
    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

My my state, a police officer may issue a regular parking ticket or a state summons for most parking offenses. A summons could put points on your license.

Comment

Non Moving Violations carry no points at all.

Comment

Non Moving Violations carry no points at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
            My my state, a police officer may issue a regular parking ticket or a state summons for most parking offenses. A summons could put points on your license.
            So I guess the reason for the points was because the ticket was not paid for when it was supposed to (not her fault) so they had to send out a summons, putting points on her license. Does she have a chance to clear this and say she never knew about the ticket (which is true)? There is no notification of a ticket in the mail until it's too late....really REALLY irresponsible and completely ignorant on their part. Im sure they do this purposely to get even more money out of people....not a fan of this dept. at all. Im sure they leave the real work to the county cops ...

Comment

The police are not at fault if someone removed the ticket from that car. It is not customary for the police/parking enforcement to provide notification aside from the actual parking ticket.

I can not say why points were applied. What is the alleged violation? $200 is pretty steep for a regular parking ticket.

Comment

A few years back I stopped a guy from New Jersey and he had a suspended license. Since he was from out of state he was arrested.

Guy kept telling me that it was a parking ticket that suspended him but I didn't believe him. Found out later it was a parking ticket that suspended him.

Apparently in some locations they do have an effect on yout license but most places they just flag your registration. Can't renew until they are paid with penalties.
                In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                  The police are not at fault if someone removed the ticket from that car. It is not customary for the police/parking enforcement to provide notification aside from the actual parking ticket.

I can not say why points were applied. What is the alleged violation? $200 is pretty steep for a regular parking ticket.

In NY the state adds a state surcharge to some parking violations so they need to pay both the municipal fine and a surcharge to the state.

In some cities/towns the fine for Handicap violations can get close to 200 and that is justified--

Comment

Well, I am thinking that the area was an obvious "no parking" zone if the citation costs that much. For example, there aren't signs that say you can't park on the sidewalk.

Comment

In regards to the original post in this thread, 200.00 is excessive,what worries me is that "someone" took your friends ticket AND yours?

Regardless no points shiuld have occured.

Comment

Originally posted by redstag
                        In regards to the original post in this thread, 200.00 is excessive,what worries me is that "someone" took your friends ticket AND yours?

Regardless no points shiuld have occured.
                        Different days, near a bar with a bunch of stupid drunk college kids. I don't know where she parked, but I parked a good 100yards+ from the bar and someone still got their hands on my ticket.

My ticket was $100, called them up asking if there would be a notice being mailed out. I was told that when they did, it would be too late and it would be a summons being mailed out. This information could have been done without an attitude on the other line, as if I was some regular criminal with no regard for the law even tho it was an honest mistake....for the both of us.

Comment

Points dont go on your license here in Chi-Town but if you go long enough without paying them they suspend your DL, whack you credit, and a whole bunch of other crap.
                          "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

Parking ticket-points on license

No points for parking violations in Alabama. Virtually all parking citations are issued by municipalities. Municipal Court can issue arrest warrant for non-payment of fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4813 users online. 268 members and 4545 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X