Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Am A Bad American

I am a BAD American.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid - level governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.

I'm not in touch with my feelings and I like it that way.

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang.

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer.

I believe it's called the Boy Scouts for a reason.

I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, you'd better do it in English.

I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.

I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July.

I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or fat-free on the package.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.

I think global warming is a big lie.

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years in the desert after leaving Egypt, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you, so shut up already.

I want to know which church is it exactly where the Rev. Jesse Jackson preaches. And where does he get his
    money. And why is he always part of the problem and not the solution.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry hind-end if you're running from them.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes a parent.

I think Dr. Seuss was a genius.

If that makes me a bad American, then yes, I'm a bad American.
    JB
    Romans 13:1-5

Yes JB, me too.

Now, since your post is not a joke, it is not a game, and it CERTAINLY is not trivial, I'm going to lock it here and move it to General Topics. We get some folks who never come to this section and they might want to see this!

------------------
    **Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.**
    6P1 (retired)
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

I was just thinking to myself that it had been way too long since I had seen this incedible bit of literature
      "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Yikes! I'm a Bad American too!

Comment

I'm guilty, too, but of course, I'm all for personal accountability.

------------------
          FLLawdog
          "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

This post was so excellent JB.

It makes me hope that most Americans are this bad, unfortunately I'm afraid they're not.

Comment

im not. although i do agree with you about the musicians and what they said. I remember certain memebers of this room hatin on pac and snoop for their lyrics tho. Whats up with that?

Comment

If you listen to Ozzy, he doesn't have a message. In fact, "Mr. Crowley", which was alledgedly(by the religious faction) written to celebrate the life and words of Alisatair Crowley actually ridicules him. He doesn't exactly come out and build up Christianity, but there are some symbolisms.

"Suicide Solution", which was blasted for telling teens to commit suicide, actually had an uplifting message. He said that there were alternatives to doing that. Yes, there are references to alcohol and drugs, but he's advocating their use.

------------------
                FLLawdog

[This message has been edited by FLLawdog (edited 05-07-2001).]

Comment

Drakkon: why bring up that topic, again?

Wouldn't it be wiser to just let it drop?
                  [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

This bit of genius is just as offensive as the first time it was posted on this forum. The fact that it is worded in such a way as to simplify the views of those in opposition makes it the worst kind of garbage out there.

"I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid - level governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies."

I believe that those that reduce all that receive financial assistance to "crack addicts squirting out babies" are trying to make themselves feel superior at the expense of others.

"I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized."

Being a minority also doesn't mean that you are asking to be treated in either way. Asking for equal treatment does not equal thinking of yourself as a victim.

BTW...I also don't believe that being a white male makes you either noble or victimized either.

"I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, you'd better do it in English."

I believe that those that somehow think they are superior because they speak English are the ones that have a problem. To even deny them the same jobs that in their smug superiority they would feel demeaned to do themselves is something I find abhorent.

"I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions."

Neither do I. Of course the fact that marijuana remaining illegal is a popular stance excuses using the "it's for the children" I suppose.

"I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or fat-free on the package."

Then don't. Fortunately the beauty of America is that you have that option. I certainly would never force healthy eating on anyone.

"I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor."

I don't hate the rich either...and save your pity, the poor don't want it. They would however not be adverse to a little compassion.

"I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years in the desert after leaving Egypt, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you, so shut up already."

Since when did attempting to learn from the past become a bad thing. Learning about human nature in order to better ourselves can only be done by looking throughout history. Those that do not learn from the past...yada yada yada.

Too much time is spent belittling opposing viewpoints instead of allowing that each side has merits. Those that show compassion are not weak, and those that think a tougher approach is needed are not beyond redemption

[This message has been edited by goodgirl (edited 05-07-2001).]
                    "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

WOOOHOO! there we go goodgirl! Nice!

Why bring up that topic again someone asked? Becuase it seems a blatant bit of hypocracy in many peoples minds that I think should be righted. As you've noticed, I don't go through life avoiding conflict

Comment

Your post was very well worded, GG, and you brought up some nice points

My personal feelings on the post are irrelevant, in this case. However, I do remember what a stir this topic caused last time it was posted.

I do hope that this time, the debate will remain within the boundaries of spirted and passionate interchange of ideas- and not degenerate into name- calling, and abuse.

This means you, Drakkon

[This message has been edited by blondie72 (edited 05-07-2001).]
                        [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

This bit of genius is just as offensive as the first time it was posted on this forum. The fact that it is worded in such a way as to simplify the views of those in opposition makes it the worst kind of garbage out there.
                          As with "offensive" things on TV and radio, there is an alternative choice...choose not to pay attention to it. Life is pretty simple-it doesn't always take a scholar's tongue to paint the picture.

BTW...I also don't believe that being a white male makes you either noble or victimized either.
                          I haven't seen many W/M's claiming to victims nor noble for the sake of their race. It takes more than race to do that, it takes deeds.

I believe that those that somehow think they are superior because they speak English are the ones that have a problem. To even deny them the same jobs that in their smug superiority they would feel demeaned to do themselves is something I find abhorent.
                          It's not a matter of superiority. If you're in this country and accepting all the freedoms due to Americans, then speak the COMMON language. If I lived in a foriegn country(and I did), I'd damn sure make the effort(and I did)!

I don't hate the rich either...and save your pity, the poor don't want it. They would however not be adverse to a little compassion.
                          Nobody's saying that the poor want pity except for some goody goody groups who choose to speak for them. No one should receive pity or scorn because of their financial status.

Since when did attempting to learn from the past become a bad thing. Learning about human nature in order to better ourselves can only be done by looking throughout history. Those that do not learn from the past...yada yada yada.
                          Learning from the past IS a good thing. Dwelling on it and using it as a crutch is a bad thing. Humans have been on this earth for a very long time and have made some drastic in every aspect of their lives from core beliefs to scientific theories. If it wasn't for the past, we'd still be scrificing virgins to make the sun come up.

Too much time is spent belittling opposing viewpoints instead of allowing that each side has merits. Those that show compassion are not weak, and those that think a tougher approach is needed are not beyond redemption
                          I didn't see anything belittling in that piece. I saw a lot of truths and I saw even more opinions. Some I agree with in whole, others I agree with in part. Either way, if someone wants to air those views, go for it...it's his opinion. If you don't want to believe it...don't. It's your option. I tend to agree with it...my option.

------------------
                          FLLawdog

Comment

FLLawdog:

The entire thing is belittling. Lines about "crack addicts squirting out babies" is hardly constructive.

"Either way, if someone wants to air those views, go for it...it's his opinion."

I am not the one that posted a piece with a paragraph that ends.."and neither have you, so shut up already." Of course there is the right to air those opinions, I am merely expressing my right to call it like I see it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by blondie72:
                              I do hope that this time, the debate will remain within the boundaries of spirted and passionate interchange of ideas- and not degenerate into name- calling, and abuse.

This means you, Drakkon
                              lol, does that seem like name calling to anyone else? in any event, AMEN TO goodgirl. I do have to say that some of that is pretty offensive

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4787 users online. 342 members and 4445 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X