300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is an Explorer

I keep finding people talking about being one and riding along with police. Is it some sort of student program for people who want to become police?

Sanctioned by the Boy Scouts of America. They really are Explorer Scouts that specailize in one career field and are supervised by people within that field. There are police explorers, firefighter, etc.
    They have meetings, attend some training classes and ride along etc.
    They are civilians and not police employees and they have no arrest or police authority

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      Sanctioned by the Boy Scouts of America. They really are Explorer Scouts that specailize in one career field and are supervised by people within that field. There are police explorers, firefighter, etc.
      They have meetings, attend some training classes and ride along etc.
      They are civilians and not police employees and they have no arrest or police authority
      I see...

So do the Girl Scouts of America have an equivilant to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Woodles
        I see...

So do the Girl Scouts of America have an equivilant to this?
        The program is open to males and females 14-21 years old

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
          The program is open to boys and girls.
          That's good. Why is it sanctioned by the boy scouts if it's open to both?

Comment

Come on Canada can't be that far behind. The boy scouts can't refuse a girl at the explorer level.... equal rights ???????

Comment

That's good. Why is it sanctioned by the boy scouts if it's open to both?
              They sanction Explorer programs to get "MONEY". They do [email protected]#$ and only provide us with our insurance, which we pay $11 to each year. Several explorer posts have broken away from this organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                Come on Canada can't be that far behind. The boy scouts can't refuse a girl at the explorer level.... equal rights ???????
                I don't know. We might be. I still live in an igloo and I drove my dog sled to work this morning.

I never was in scouts so I don't know. The only thing I ever had to do with scouts was buy Girl Guide cookies when they come to my door.

Comment

you can visit www.learning-for-lfe.com for more info on the Explorer Program!!

ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterlee
                    you can visit www.learning-for-lfe.com for more info on the Explorer Program!!

It says "page cannot be displayed."

Comment

*eyeroll*
                      www.learningforlife.org
                      Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Originally posted by letshearit4blue

Hmm, kind of like government student jobs for university students, only you don't get paid.

Comment

Hmm, kind of like government student jobs for university students, only you don't get paid.
                          When people ask us, we generally say Explorers are High School Auxilary, just for simplicity's sake.
                          *LEO's, don't freak out, we know its not the same thing.*
                          Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

The RCMP has a summer student program which the student gets paid, but has no arrest authority. There's also the auxillary program which makes you a special constable. You do everything a regular member does, but without the paper work. You're duty belt is also "limited" to what you can carry. If you live in an RCMP province check it out.
                            But by the grace of God, I am what I am.
                            1 Corinthians 15:10

Comment

Seriously, 51094, what's the weather like in Nunavut right now? Never met anyone who's been up there, or from there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6250 users online. 344 members and 5906 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X