300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Man Dies After Deputies Taz Him

40 yr old Laurelville Ohio man died after s truggle with Ross County Sheriff's Deputies. Sheriff's Deputies were dispatched to a call in rural Ross County near the village of Adelphi after a man was standing in the road acting strange. Reports say man has crashed the family's pick up truck that familiy members claim he "stole".

He was found standing in a creek with his wife nearby and she told the first deputy to arrive that he was afraid of being shot. They told deputies he had been smoking some "weed" and had taken cocaine. Deputies noticed him to be incoherant and foaming around the mouth and nose.

He refused orders to lie on the ground and after a struggle was tazed which had little effect. One of the two deputies was even shocked by the taser.
    A touch with the taser calmed him enough to allow him to be handcuffed.

As Deputies waited on a Squad they noted he he did not have a pulse
    and used a portable defib to try and revive him. He was pronoiunced dead later at Berger Hospital in Circleville. The Pickaway County Coronor was called to assist with the investigation and the body was taken to Dayton for autopsy.

Ross County Sheriff Ron Nichols stated that deputies followed procedure and no action would be taken against his officers. Incident happened this past weekend.

Again, another marathon runner on cocaine. I'm taken to calling people being hit with a taser in an "agitated state" marathon runners, after all, they just got done with 30 minutes of heavy cardio exertion.

Wonder when this will make national headlines, like all the others?
    N. A. Corbier
    Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
    Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      40 yr old Laurelville Ohio man died after s truggle with Ross County Sheriff's Deputies. Sheriff's Deputies were dispatched to a call in rural Ross County near the village of Adelphi after a man was standing in the road acting strange. Reports say man has crashed the family's pick up truck that familiy members claim he "stole".

He was found standing in a creek with his wife nearby and she told the first deputy to arrive that he was afraid of being shot. They told deputies he had been smoking some "weed" and had taken cocaine. Deputies noticed him to be incoherant and foaming around the mouth and nose.

He refused orders to lie on the ground and after a struggle was tazed which had little effect. One of the two deputies was even shocked by the taser.
      A touch with the taser calmed him enough to allow him to be handcuffed.

As Deputies waited on a Squad they noted he he did not have a pulse
      and used a portable defib to try and revive him. He was pronoiunced dead later at Berger Hospital in Circleville. The Pickaway County Coronor was called to assist with the investigation and the body was taken to Dayton for autopsy.

Ross County Sheriff Ron Nichols stated that deputies followed procedure and no action would be taken against his officers. Incident happened this past weekend.
      So what's your point?
      Another drug addict died?? So what?

That's one more person who wont be buying the stuff.

I have no compassion for these types of people.. If he is foaming at the mouth, I would think he is on more than just "weed" and "cocaine"..
      Weed doesnt do that to people..

Comment

I'm going to guess the suspect was caucasian, otherwise we would have seen his death all over the media as another example of cops "murdering" minorities.
        Officer, I borrowed these pants!

Comment

Originally posted by Duke
          I'm going to guess the suspect was caucasian, otherwise we would have seen his death all over the media as another example of cops "murdering" minorities.

Haha, well I guess it's an even playing field considering every damn abduction I've heard about is a white caucasian child with a rich white daddy or how about those high school shootings? Not a damned big deal in much of the nation. I'm all for the tazing of druggys whether the suspect be black, white, yellow, albino, or sexy tanned hispanic latin lover.

Of course, I'm not biased in any way. =]

Comment

Robslig :::::: There is no point just passing on some news.

Comment

Why do people always blame the taser when some drugged up person dies? How do the death rates "caused by tasering" differ between people who are just unruly, those who are drunk, and those who high?

Why is it that any videos I see of police using the taser on people they scream their heads off in pain and try to fight it when they get tased, but when I watch videos of officers being tased and they make it look like it doesn't hurt and they just fall over?

Comment

***Race Not An Issue***

Originally posted by Duke
                Here we go agian...

Why are you trying to make this a racial issue? What significance did the suspect

Comment

[QUOTE=Tennsix]Here we go agian...

Why are you trying to make this a racial issue? What significance did the suspect

Comment

Suspect was a redneck in a rural area tazed by two white deputies

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                      Robslig :::::: There is no point just passing on some news.
                      Ya I know.. I wasn't trying to be offensive or anything.. Just letting everyone know I could care less about some stupid drugged out idiot who got lit up because he would not cooperate.

It would be much better if their hair actually stood on end when it happened

And why is that? When you touch one of them round static balls you see at science museums, they make your hair stand up.. but when you hit someone with a tazer it doesn't do the same.... Hmmm..

Comment

Originally posted by RobSlig
                        And why is that? When you touch one of them round static balls you see at science museums, they make your hair stand up.. but when you hit someone with a tazer it doesn't do the same.... Hmmm..
                        Ah yes, the good ol' Tandem Van de Graaf accelerrator. Nothing like going to the science museum with all your university science student friends and watching the static electricity demostration and answering the demonstrator's questions with high-tech complicated answers.

A simple Van de Graaff generator consists of a belt of silk running over two pulleys, one of which is surrounded by a hollow metal sphere. Two (A conductor used to make electrical contact with some part of a circuit) electrodes, E1 and E2, in the form of sharply pointed cones are positioned respectively near to the bottom of the pulley and inside the sphere. E2 is connected to the sphere, and E1 is giving a high potential with respect to earth; a positive potential in this example.

This high voltage ionises the air at the tip of E1, repelling positive charges onto the belt and they are carried up inside the sphere. This positive charge induces a negative charge to the electrode E2 and a positive charge to the sphere (to which E2 is connected). The high potential difference ionises the air inside the sphere and negative charges are repelled on to the belt, discharging it. As a result of Faraday's ice pail effect, positive charge on E2 migrates to the sphere regardless of the sphere's existing (The rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit; expressed in volts) voltage. As the belt continues to move, a constant current travels via the belt, and the sphere charges further positive, until the rate of leakage equals the rate at which charge is induced. The larger the sphere and the farther it is from ground, the higher will be its final potential, with the potential being roughly the sphere diameter multiplied by the value for e-field breakdown for the surrounding gas.

The taser doesn't work like that.
                        Last edited by Woodles; 08-30-2005, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodles
                          Ah yes, the good ol' Tandem Van de Graaf accelerrator. Nothing like going to the science museum with all your university science student friends and watching the static electricity demostration and answering the demonstrator's questions with high-tech complicated answers.

A simple Van de Graaff generator consists of a belt of silk running over two pulleys, one of which is surrounded by a hollow metal sphere. Two (A conductor used to make electrical contact with some part of a circuit) electrodes, E1 and E2, in the form of sharply pointed cones are positioned respectively near to the bottom of the pulley and inside the sphere. E2 is connected to the sphere, and E1 is giving a high potential with respect to earth; a positive potential in this example.

This high voltage ionises the air at the tip of E1, repelling positive charges onto the belt and they are carried up inside the sphere. This positive charge induces a negative charge to the electrode E2 and a positive charge to the sphere (to which E2 is connected). The high potential difference ionises the air inside the sphere and negative charges are repelled on to the belt, discharging it. As a result of Faraday's ice pail effect, positive charge on E2 migrates to the sphere regardless of the sphere's existing (The rate at which energy is drawn from a source that produces a flow of electricity in a circuit; expressed in volts) voltage. As the belt continues to move, a constant current travels via the belt, and the sphere charges further positive, until the rate of leakage equals the rate at which charge is induced. The larger the sphere and the farther it is from ground, the higher will be its final potential, with the potential being roughly the sphere diameter multiplied by the value for e-field breakdown for the surrounding gas.

The taser doesn't work like that.

Nerd.

<3

(hope you realize I'm just kidding)
                          (no really, I am)
                          (no really)
                          (please put the taser down!)

Comment

Originally posted by AkhilleusWeeps
                            Nerd.

<3

(hope you realize I'm just kidding)
                            (no really, I am)
                            (no really)
                            (please put the taser down!)
                            You know the little roddy thing attached to that static ball thing? Without that, the hollow silver ball if touched, would tom some extent act like a taser. It also has to do with what the person is standing on.

So next time before you tase someone, attach a grounding rod to your taser, and get your suspect to stand on something that raises them off the ground and see if that works to get their hair to stand up.

Chances are it won't work though.

Comment

Dude... Woodles are you a cop or a science teacher, your smart....

Anyway this story is going to just cause more bad publicity that taser does not need. They are under enough heat.

I took out my taser this last weekend when a guy we had already arrested would not get out of the back of my car. I had already fought with him and was tired of it. I took the taser out and lit it up just showing him the arc, I gave him his warning to get out of the vehicle.

He decided then he would go ahead and get out of my car then, he just did not want me to touch him. Good choice cause I was going to light him up...
                              Retired 02/01/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5869 users online. 321 members and 5548 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X