300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

Well, just got my letter from the illinois Dept. of Corrections with my test date for both written and physical test. At which time I also, have to fill-out an application. I have to account for all employment and unemployment since high school or eighteeth birthday. 12 jobs since that period of time in my case. Thats including summer jobs. Am I screwed? will this effect me in any way. Thanks
    Revenge is a kind of wild justice, which the more man's nature runs to, the more ought law to weed it out.
    Of Revenge.

Originally posted by toughjerseyguy
    That's not that uncommon. As long as you didn't "burn any bridges" with old supervisors, etc. You should be fine.
    he is ummm, 32?? 12 jobs between 18yr old and 32yr old, i think that might show instability or lack of commitment, but thats me, i dont think it would be a dq, but it would definitley warrant some questions,

Comment

Thanks

Well, that's how the printing industry is with downsizing and mergers. I really didn't have any control over it.
      Revenge is a kind of wild justice, which the more man's nature runs to, the more ought law to weed it out.
      Of Revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by cnebur
        Well, just got my letter from the illinois Dept. of Corrections with my test date for both written and physical test. At which time I also, have to fill-out an application. I have to account for all employment and unemployment since high school or eighteeth birthday. 12 jobs since that period of time in my case. Thats including summer jobs. Am I screwed? will this effect me in any way. Thanks
        In the year after I graduated from college, I held 13 separate jobs. I had two more before I was hired as a police officer. I don't recall anyone making a big deal of this, but if they had, I would have said that I did what I could to make a living and stay off unemployment. As long as your previous employers aren't going to bad-mouth you, you should be fine.
        Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

I don't think it'll hurt ya!! just make sure you list every job you had. Don't get caught in a "lie" and lose out during your polygraph! As long as you didn't kill a co-worker or boss I think you'll be fine!!

Good Luck!
          ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

You should be fine.

You know why we adults always ask kids what they wanna be when they grow up???

Because we are still looking for ideas ourself.

It ain't no biggy.Hell, just tell 'em you were let go because of the companies hiring cheap foriegn labor....I'd believe that if someone told it to me.

I'm being 100% serious.

Comment

I think the days of having two or three jobs in this this time period is a thing of the past. You might have to explain the circumstances if they bring it up so be prepared for the interview. Agree with the premise not to forget any or outright lie to make it look more stable. Best of luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6194 users online. 324 members and 5870 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X