300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about speeding tickets

I got a speeding ticket the other day, but on the ticket he wrote my car as a Mits. I drive a dodge. I heard this may get your ticket dismissed....is it true?

Sorry, but no "Kings X" here,

You can raise the issue, but the only thing that will happen is that the citation will be amended to reflect the correct vehicle.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1
      Sorry, but no "Kings X" here,

You can raise the issue, but the only thing that will happen is that the citation will be amended to reflect the correct vehicle.
      that would be correct,
      if thats all it took, then you could take a bmw emblym and glue to a kia,, sorry, it dont work that way.

Comment

As long as location, time and date, tag number and all your personal information is correct you get to pay the ticket.

Comment

Just wondered, it's what I have heard.

"Errors matter. While courts will often excuse minor errors on a ticket -- a misspelled name, a quibble over whether your Jag is ochre or orange -- if the officer cites the wrong statute on the ticket, or grossly misidentifies the highway or your make of car, you may to get your ticket dismissed"

I'd have to pay the ticket/included court costs either way, but it was worth a shot if it would stay off my record.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyGirl
            "Errors matter. While courts will often excuse minor errors on a ticket -- a misspelled name, a quibble over whether your Jag is ochre or orange -- if the officer cites the wrong statute on the ticket, or grossly misidentifies the highway or your make of car, you may to get your ticket dismissed"
            Even if the wrong statute is cited it can be ammended in court. As far as personal or vehicle information goes, when you sign the ticket you are verifying that the information on the ticket is in fact correct including the vehicle information so that argument goes out the window.
            "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by DUI_eliminator
              I thought when you sign the ticket it was a promise that you would appear in court, because if you didnt sign you would have to be taken before a magistrate.
              Don't sign here and you go to the pokey
              An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Stranger things have happened, but a minor error by the officer is not a "sure thing" dismissal. So much depends on the judge and the policy of the court. I'd agree with the others here that it's more likely that the citation would be amended to reflect the correct make of vehicle. Besides, aren't some Mitsubishis and Dodges the same car with a different badge?

It would be really refreshing to see someone who decided to take responsibility for what they had done, rather than look for a way to avoid the consequences.
                Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by DUI_eliminator
                  I thought when you sign the ticket it was a promise that you would appear in court, because if you didnt sign you would have to be taken before a magistrate.

It's both. At least in VA. Your signature verifies that the information that you provided is accurate and correct and that you will appear in court or take care of the ticket in advance.
                  "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees
                    Besides, aren't some Mitsubishis and Dodges the same car with a different badge?
                    I know that some Mitsubishi parts are compatible with Dodges. My brother's Avenger is full of Mitsubishi parts and my friend's Caravan has a Mitsubishi engine.

In some places in Canada you can fight a ticket if they have the wrong car (it sounds like your traffic courts in the US are rather strict). Sounds like you're SOL here though.

Comment

Originally posted by webjeep
                      It's both. At least in VA. Your signature verifies that the information that you provided is accurate and correct and that you will appear in court or take care of the ticket in advance.

why not issue traffic tickets that do not need to be signed by the violator? NY has done this for years

they know what will happen if they do not show up in court--- or do they? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees

It would be really refreshing to see someone who decided to take responsibility for what they had done, rather than look for a way to avoid the consequences.
                        Just so you know, I don't believe I was speeding. I have had one other ticket in my life, and I paid it with no complaint. I knew what I was doing.

Comment

And about Mits. and dodges. They do have alot of the same parts, mostly under the hood. But an eclipse and a stratus do not look much alike, at all.

Comment

Just so you know, I don't believe I was speeding. I have had one other ticket in my life, and I paid it with no complaint. I knew what I was doing.
                            one question, if you dont believe you were speeding and if you have a valid arguement, then why are you searching for a loop hole to get you off. ??

Comment

Originally posted by mark7777
                              why not issue traffic tickets that do not need to be signed by the violator? NY has done this for years

they know what will happen if they do not show up in court--- or do they? lol.

If we have to physically take your license here, you sign a slip on the spot that serves as a DL for 30 days, in which time you go to court. If you do not show up, the courts take them for a min. of 30 days , up to an indef. suspension.

Generally, if you show, the court wants us to offer you a reduced charge...say you were clocked doing 85 in a 70 zone...that would cost you around 2 pts. on your record and around $155.00 + $100.00 court fee, so they ask if you would plead guilty to 75...which gets you 0 pts. and only the $155.00 and no court fee.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5380 users online. 313 members and 5067 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X