300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fidel fell for it!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20030618/ts_alt_afp/us_cub a_prank_030618222322

Wed Jun 18, 6:23 PM ET Add U.S. National - AFP to My Yahoo!

MIAMI (AFP) - Cuban leader Fidel Castro (news - web sites) apparently fell victim to a prank by a Miami radio station, and used crude expletives against Miami talk show hosts who led him to believe he was on the phone with his Venezuelan counterpart Hugo Chavez.

The recording of the conversation was repeatedly aired since Tuesday by the Spanish-language radio station El Zol 95.7, which had already played a similar prank on Chavez in January, pretending Castro was on the line.

The make-believe Chavez sought help from Castro in tracking down a suitcase containing secret documents he said he lost during the leaders' recent trip to Argentina.

Eventually, a man posing as a Chavez aide asked Castro: "Do you agree with the **** on the island, murderer?" and added, "You fell for it ... the whole of Miami is listening to you, Fidel Castro."

"What did I fall for, you ****," the irate Cuban leader answered, adding further crude expletives, including references to the anatomy of the host's mother.

"He used very obscene words the president of a country should never use," said the radio host Joe Ferrero said later.

Castro eventually hung up, ending the 25-minute conversation.

The radio station used the same technique it had employed for the Castro imitation in January, piecing together fragments from Chavez speeches.

Miami is home to close to 700,000 Cuban exiles and Cuban-Americans, many of whom staunchly oppose Castro's communist government.
    Drug Recognition Expert

Poor Fiedel, his age is catching up with him and maybe he's had just had a little too much cuban stoggies. I think it's hillarious that they punked fiedel.
    "This is Papa Bear. Put out an APB for a male suspect, driving a car of some sort; heading in the direction of, uh, you know, that place that sells chilli. Suspect is hatless. Repeat, hatless." -Chief Wiggum

Comment

How did they get his phone number, and why haven't they put that out on the air?

Mike
      "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!" -- Captain Lance Murdoch, The Simpsons

Comment

If ya wanna listen to it, you can stream it from here...

http://elzol95fm.com/caiste/
        Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
        -Mark Twain

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by n567:
          If ya wanna listen to it, you can stream it from here...

http://elzol95fm.com/caiste/

Great. Except I don't speak hispanola!!
          No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

Just skip to the last minute, that's where you can pick up some words that are quite easy to understand, despite the language barrier... [Wink]
            Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
            -Mark Twain

Comment

Time for Fidel to get caller ID.
              Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

They bleeped all the bad words ...well....scrambled them so it sounded weird. All I heard was "Tu madre"....everyone knows what that means....he sounded like a pretty mad old fart. It was a long conversation and I did not listen to it all...just a lot of blah blah abdout who was who and something about a bad line. When the guy told Fidel who he was; the expletives began....I am sure it was good stuff.
                "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
                Davy Crockett

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6819 users online. 367 members and 6452 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X