300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCW justified in Wal-Mart

Not to stir the pot...but this subject comes up here now and again. I just came across this artcle and thought it would be appropriate to post here for its news value as well as any reasonable and logical discussion it might cause.

http://www.ohioccw.org/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=3338

Basically, a CHL holder in New Mexico came to the aid of a woman who was being repeatedly stabbed in his local Wal-Mart store. Unfortunately, doing so required that he used deadly force on the woman's attacker who later died.
    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Since WalMart is a DISCOUNT retailer most of my many previous "clients" either shop or shoplift there or break into cars in the lot so I am packin' to go to WALLY WORLD.

If we find out who the guy is everyone of us should send him a $25 or $50 WalMart gift card. to buy more ammo
    Last edited by Bodie; 08-28-2005, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      Since WalMart is a DISCOUNT retailer most of my many previous "clients" either shop or shoplift there or break into cars in the lot so I am packin' to go to WALLY WORLD.

If we find out who the guy is everyone of us should send him a $25 or $50 WalMart gift card. to buy more ammo
      good idea! I like it

Comment

Easy for me to armchair quarterback but,,,,,

I think it's horrible that it took some 72 year old geezer to take action against the attacker. If their Wallymart is like ours, it's packed with people all the time. That speaks volumes about how apathetic our society is. Ya know what I mean? Why couldn't some guy grab a can of jalapenos and whop the attacker on the head. Easier said than done I guess. Hooray for the old geezer!! and Hooray for Wallymart.

Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Comment

I'll tell you what the majority of the calls I handeld were retail thefts at Wal Mart live every shift we would be there 2-3 times at least not to mention the Hit and Runs and the Strong Arm robbery we had where they dragged a lady down the parkinglot after they snatched the purse she had wrapped around her arm. Sometimes I hate Wal Mart it seems to attract the Sh**bags
          I've got friends in low places

Comment

Originally posted by beano00
            Easy for me to armchair quarterback but,,,,,

I think it's horrible that it took some 72 year old geezer to take action against the attacker. If their Wallymart is like ours, it's packed with people all the time. That speaks volumes about how apathetic our society is. Ya know what I mean? Why couldn't some guy grab a can of jalapenos and whop the attacker on the head. Easier said than done I guess. Hooray for the old geezer!! and Hooray for Wallymart.

Excellent point.

I guess it's true what they say....sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs....that's all it boils down to.
            An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

The guy was armed with a knife. That causes most people to run away and pray they're not killed themselves.

A Wal-Mart where I used to go, I walked in and got hit by a guy running out full steam. He'd just committed strong armed robbery, broke the poor cashier's (A 70 year old woman, no less) fingers, and shoved a guy down the street. He was being chased by about 10 employees, not one of them over 25, and all of them hell bent on catching him for hurting the cashier. I knew most of the kids who were working there, as they were mutual friends of my friends. My "I'll be 10-7 at Wal-Mart" to get some 24 packs of soda for a football game detail turned into "Start PD, now, please. 10-15 x1"

Gotta love kids who will chase down a man, and then realize once they got ahold of him that they don't have anything to restrain em with. The guy tried to EAT the money, as well. I was a nice good samaritan and helped the kids take him into custody.
              N. A. Corbier
              Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
              Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

There is a Walmart in the heart of my district, open 24 hours.

Needless to say that it generates at least a constant off-duty job with arrests.

Comment

Originally posted by nacorbier

Gotta love kids who will chase down a man, and then realize once they got ahold of him that they don't have anything to restrain em with. The guy tried to EAT the money, as well. I was a nice good samaritan and helped the kids take him into custody.
                  So what should those "kids" do when a "Code 99" (violance all abled-bodied associates/ all male associates) is called? Wal-mart has security codes that get called, but the associates aren't trained in how to handle the situation other than to come running to the location.

They're not even properly trained as to when they should call a "code 99".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6358 users online. 348 members and 6010 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X