• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTR man
    replied
    Wendy's food contaminater goes to prison

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/11...11953650c.html

Granted, She used this as a hoax for personal gain and caused a lot of layoffs and financial duress for Wendy's, but this is what should happen to anybody who messes with anyone's food no matter what the reason.

IMO She should serve alot more time than what she got. How about 50 yrs.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by hermit
    You are 100% correct the first amendment protects your right to boycott as well as
    your freedom of speech, until you become an uniformed government employee then it is limited in certain aspects.

Last time I read the constitution I don't recall the first amendment saying that uniformed government employees HAS to eat at fast food such as McDrugs. You can boycott whatever you want, it just has to be unwritten.

Leave a comment:

• hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by toby101
    I am not a cop, but I will go into McDrugs right now to get a burger. But I chose not to due to the fact they have a reputation of putting foreign things on LEO's food. Now with me going into law enforcement says I should stand up for what I believe in. Does it change when I finally put a uniform and a duty belt on. Yes it does. But I look at the history of this Great Country and look at the bus boycott. White people seen what they were doing to African Americans on the bus, so the whites boycotted the city bus. Well this is the same thing. I am joining the group into boycotting McDrugs.
    You are 100% correct the first amendment protects your right to boycott as well as
    your freedom of speech, until you become an uniformed government employee then it is limited in certain aspects.

Leave a comment:

• letshearit4blue
    replied
    [QUOTE=LT. EXPLORER]
    Originally posted by letshearit4blue
    I just got an e-mail from the manager of the McD in Metter. Yeah, maybe you don't care, and maybe its a bit long, but I though I'd post it anyways.
    [i]

Notice the gentleman stated "my McD". He must own it. I think it is ok to leave him alone for now unless something else comes up. He did take the time to write a long letter.
    Oh, I suppose taking the time to write a long letter makes up for things?

Leave a comment:

• AmericanMan
    replied
    [QUOTE=letshearit4blue]I just got an e-mail from the manager of the McD in Metter. Yeah, maybe you don't care, and maybe its a bit long, but I though I'd post it anyways.
    [i]

Notice the gentleman stated "my McD". He must own it. I think it is ok to leave him alone for now unless something else comes up. He did take the time to write a long letter.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    your very likely right about that, but people that are not cops and are still scared to eat eat in public places because they are some will put something in there is suspect.

I am not a cop, but I will go into McDrugs right now to get a burger. But I chose not to due to the fact they have a reputation of putting foreign things on LEO's food. Now with me going into law enforcement says I should stand up for what I believe in. Does it change when I finally put a uniform and a duty belt on. Yes it does. But I look at the history of this Great Country and look at the bus boycott. White people seen what they were doing to African Americans on the bus, so the whites boycotted the city bus. Well this is the same thing. I am joining the group into boycotting McDrugs.

Leave a comment:

• hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by BrickCop
    How does someone have an attitude by simply ordering a burger? Admittedly, I have not read each and every reply in this thread but 99.9% of the time when a cop's food is messed with, it is simply because he is a cop.
    your very likely right about that, but people that are not cops and are still scared to eat eat in publice places because they are some will put something in there is suspect.

Leave a comment:

• BrickCop
    replied
    maybe your attitude makes you a target
    How does someone have an attitude by simply ordering a burger? Admittedly, I have not read each and every reply in this thread but 99.9% of the time when a cop's food is messed with, it is simply because he is a cop.

Leave a comment:

• hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by toby101
    Yeah he may, but then I hope he gets a taste of somebody elses spit, or whatever else they can even think about putting in the food.
    maybe your attitude makes you a target

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Toby,
    I stopped eating Burger King years back. There was an incident, less than a mile from my house, where they were ****ing on the burgers...
    Oh wow. Just now I was looking up to see if I could find an article about it. It says there was an investigation after a member from my department got sick from eating their contaminated food. Huh... If I knew that before, I would have raised hell with BK.
    http://www.rense.com/general44/urinated.htm
    So I guess we can all add BK to the boycott list...

Not to self put Burger King on the Do Not Eat list. God, pretty soon this is going to be called the DNE. Just like the Do not Call list. And don't worry, I can't remember the last time I ate at the Big K.

Leave a comment:

• letshearit4blue
    replied
    I just got an e-mail from the manager of the McD in Metter. Yeah, maybe you don't care, and maybe its a bit long, but I though I'd post it anyways.

I received your email regarding the alleged glass in a biscuit. An officer with the Metter police apparently found a piece of glass in the wrapper of a Mcgriddle sandwich--Not in a biscuit. Now glass anywhere is serious, so I don't wish to minimize this. The officer did not actually ingest the glass.
    I have never heard from the officer who actually found this glass and have never actually seen the glass, so I cannot comment on the source. What I know about the incident is this:
    --the Metter police contacted the restaurant and reported the glass was found in a biscuit. Turns out it was in the wrapper.
    --The police said they were treating this as "an attack on an officer", and said they and the Ga. Bureau of Investigation would be at the restaurant shortly to investigate.
    --The police spoke to my supervisor by phone, and told him the above. My supervisor asked them if this was not more properly an issue for the health department, and suggested that they be called and that treating this matter as an attack and calling in the GBI may be a little much.
    -- my supervisor called me and explained all this, and I told him to let them investigate and do whatever they thought appropriate.
    -- The health department arrived and went through the store very thoroughly and found no glass. They graded the store an "A" as it has always been.
    --The GBI went through the store as well and found nothing.
    --The GBI also interviewed every employee and apparently found no one at odds with the policeman who found the glass.
    --We have no glass in the restaurant, except for coffee pots of which none were broken. The GBI went through all the trash and found no broken glass.
    --All of the employees working that day have been there for at least two years, and have had no run-ins with the police.
    --I have heard nothing further from the police or the GBI as of today.
    I do not know the source of the glass, It may have come from the store or it may not have. In any event, if it did come from the store it was an honest mistake and certainly not an "attack".I later that day spoke to the health inspector, who has been reviewing this store for years, and she said to me that in her opinion, the glass did not come from the store.

MY mcdonald's has always treated the police with respect, just as we try to do with all our customers. I regret this incident happened at all, whatever the cause and am glad the officer in question did not sustain any injury.

I hope the information above gives you more information about the incident, and hopefully puts to rest some of your concerns about my restaurant.

Tom Findlay

Ummm, I fail to see how it could be an "honest mistake"...
    Think I should reply to the e-mail? And if so, say what?
    Last edited by letshearit4blue; 09-06-2005, 09:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    Heh, you're gonna love this... there's no write-back address. It says it can't recieve incoming mail
    And that grin is not a happy grin, more of an "ain't-that-just-wonderful?" grin.

Toby,
    I stopped eating Burger King years back. There was an incident, less than a mile from my house, where they were ****ing on the burgers...
    Oh wow. Just now I was looking up to see if I could find an article about it. It says there was an investigation after a member from my department got sick from eating their contaminated food. Huh... If I knew that before, I would have raised hell with BK.
    BK has been on my boycott list since I was in grade 10.

Leave a comment:

• letshearit4blue
    replied
    Originally posted by Spee-Dee
    Exactly what I was going to say. I say write them back and ask them to be more specific on what they plan on actually doing.
    Heh, you're gonna love this... there's no write-back address. It says it can't recieve incoming mail
    And that grin is not a happy grin, more of an "ain't-that-just-wonderful?" grin.

Toby,

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
    That sounds like an automative resonse
    Exactly what I was going to say. I say write them back and ask them to be more specific on what they plan on actually doing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Don't say that... He might do it

Yeah he may, but then I hope he gets a taste of somebody elses spit, or whatever else they can even think about putting in the food.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4589 users online. 265 members and 4324 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X