300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass in officers food

This morning my young partner purchased a breakfast biscuit at the McDonald's in Metter,Ga.. When he went to eat his biscuit he discovered small shard's of glass in his biscuit. When the McDonald's district manager was notified by the manager, he wanted to talk to the police officers who claimed this took place. The District manager made several comments that I think speaks volumes to anyone...not just Police officers!

The District Manager referred to Glass being found in my partner's biscuit as "Making a bigger deal out this than it really is". He then accussed detectives as being "Over Zealous" because If it happened to anyone else no one would care. He followed that comment up with "This does'nt sound as serious as ya'll are trying to make it out to be"... I guess finding glass in your McDonald's meal is expected and not really that big of a deal. If you are the Police, and you find glass in your food, you should'nt say anything about it because you'd be "Over Zealous" and therefore you'd be seen as making a bigger deal out of it than it really is.

P.S.- I check my resturant "Boycott" list today and found "McDonald's" at the very top of my list! I wonder why??
    War is'nt about who's right, it's about who's left.

I believe that their was a simular incedent with Mcdonalds food in New York. I came accross it when I was doing a paper for college within the past 6 months. The officer bit into the burger and ended up swallowing shards of glass. I think that is BULL$HIT! I think they should get attempted murder every time. And the officer should get to shoot at the dumb***.
    "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
    -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

I'm wary when I eat at work and end to get either prepackaged food or go to a place where I get to see them make it. Subway, Royal Farms and Sheetz are all good for watching.
      In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Originally posted by Planetkillr
        This morning my young partner purchased a breakfast biscuit at the McDonald's in Metter,Ga.. When he went to eat his biscuit he discovered small shard's of glass in his biscuit. When the McDonald's district manager was notified by the manager, he wanted to talk to the police officers who claimed this took place. The District manager made several comments that I think speaks volumes to anyone...not just Police officers!

The District Manager referred to Glass being found in my partner's biscuit as "Making a bigger deal out this than it really is". He then accussed detectives as being "Over Zealous" because If it happened to anyone else no one would care. He followed that comment up with "This does'nt sound as serious as ya'll are trying to make it out to be"... I guess finding glass in your McDonald's meal is expected and not really that big of a deal. If you are the Police, and you find glass in your food, you should'nt say anything about it because you'd be "Over Zealous" and therefore you'd be seen as making a bigger deal out of it than it really is.

P.S.- I check my resturant "Boycott" list today and found "McDonald's" at the very top of my list! I wonder why??
        WTF??? "Making a bigger deal than it really is"??? It sounds like a pretty big deal to me. There has GOT to be more to this story, although I can't imagine what. At least I hope there is another side, nobody can be that ignorant, even cop haters.
        McD's sucks anyway. Just like the last poster said, while in uniform i'll eat only where I can watch them prepare the food, or i'll just get something at the grocery store. I heard way too many horror stories. Early in my career i'd eat at fast food places, now I look back in horror and wonder what kind of "special sauces" i've consumed.
        Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

I pray for an encounter like this every day. McDonald's would be changed to Centurion's. And I'd be rich. RICH, I tell you... RICH!!! [Dr. Evil laugh]
          You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Oh god damn yea, how many lawyers could I hire hmmmm....

With my department we put out press releases on every single freaking thing that happens that might be news worthy, and I guarantee you that there would be a large press release on this if it happened here.

I would tell that stupid *** manager, well fine but you might not think it is "not that important" tomorrow when people find out that you serve glass in your food from the paper and the news @10.

Attempted poisoning, attempted assault, but I'm not sure a DA would do attempted aggravated murder.
            Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

I say sue. I'd love to hear them try to explain glass in a sandwich when the only thing glass that is around is the coffee pot.

...that sucks. When I worked at Wendy's, officers got 15% discounts, and free frosties. My manager was an ex-Marine and ran a tight ship. None of us would have dreamed of even coughing near ANYONE'S food. We had to wash our hands and put a new pair of gloves on every 10 minutes, or whenever we left our station (if on sandwiches or grill).
              Last edited by Praetorian; 08-27-2005, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Well, everybody knows now that recent medical discoveries have proven that shards of glass are now good the the digestive system.

Has anyone started a list of "foreign object found in McDonald's Food" yet? I think it could become quite extensive.

Comment

pffft you guys ARE making a big deal out of it... they were being respectful with putting glass in his meal... cause you see the glass is healthier than their meat... i say thank them and give them a nice tip too.

Comment

The same thing happened in Tampa about two years ago; the deputies sued McDonalds.

Hillsborough County Deputies sue McDonalds after glass found in burgers

Regards,

Phoenix
                    Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

How many times does it have to be said that uniformed officers should have better sense then to eat fast food on duty and for general health reasons no fast food at all ??

Who do you think is preparing thta food Mother Theresa / The local honor students / the mother down the block ???

You get something in your burger at Mc'd's you knew and were warned .

Comment

Good news: McDonalds are franchises. You have a 20% chance of safely eating your food, since they're not all run by idiots. Staffed by idiots, maybe.

You know, since its Georgia, if it had been some good old boy who bit into glass, you'd of been called to the McDonalds for a fight call, cause he'd of ripped the district manager in half.

If you got pictures or something, and your department allows it, I'd go with the media campaign. I'm sure the local news finds that news.
                        N. A. Corbier
                        Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
                        Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                          The same thing happened in Tampa about two years ago; the deputies sued McDonalds.

Hillsborough County Deputies sue McDonalds after glass found in burgers

Regards,

Phoenix

That happened in May 2004. Does anyone know how it turned out? Maybe I don't have the mind for it but I can't believe that someone would even think of that. For the most recent incident I'm all for suing McDonalds. Glass can be quite the hazard for your body. Not even thinking about what kind of glass is was. (Ie. a crushed bottle that was holding some sort of cleaner, so there would be remanants of the cleaner on the glass)

Comment

I never ever send food back at a restaurant. If it's not right, then I just leave it behind.

Years ago when I worked at a Pizza Hut, When the drunks and aholes would give us a hard time about the pizza, (trying to get it free) the policy was to make a new one, if that didn't work, another new pizza.

If it got to the third pizza, the manager would make one of his mineral oil specials for free. Must have been hell trying to sleep one off while getting cleaned out
                            Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

No fingers eh?

McDonalds is bad for you anyhow..

Go to SubWay.. Much better and they dont serve fingers or glass

I'm with the other guy... I PRAY something like this happens to me...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4427 users online. 229 members and 4198 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X