• Show
Clear All

• Ford 500 Police Car

Check it out.

Link
    The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
    Twitter Facebook

It's a nice car, but it's much heavier than the taurus, and carries (from what I can tell) the same engine.
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

I have heard alot of police departments are thinking of buying the new Ford Fusion when it becomes avaiable.

The cool thing about the ford 500 is that its all wheel drive.
      John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

The duratec v6 in the 500 is a dohc motor, you can get that motor in the taurus but its not the motor you would find in a majority. The DOHC motor has about 50 more hp than the cam in block 3.0l...500's have more room in them too, which from what I hear is precious in a patrol car. I'd still rather have a cvpi or charger
        si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

There is rumor of PBSO going the 500. I personally would rather see the charger.
          In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

The good part is we are a step closer to the extinction of the god awful and at times deadly Crown Vic.

Comment

if you think the ford is nice you should see ours. A 2005 Model Camaro dressed up with lights and the original black and white colors

Comment

05 Camaro ???????? I thought 2002 was last year GM produced that car.
                So if it's an 05 that would be highly unlikely ....
                Last edited by Bodie; 08-26-2005, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Thers isnt a 2005 Camaro made so it would be hard to have on at your police department which brings me to another point your not a cop so it it the police departments.
                  John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

I'd like that yellow mustang cobra from the video of that chick getting tazered...If that was an 03-04 Cobra there isn't much from the factory that can blow its doors off. Rated at 390 hp but that has been proven to be sand bagging it...I'm sure a few of you LEO's have had experiences with those.
                    si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

I have heard theat the front seat is cramped.
                      Last edited by MPD-A9; 08-27-2005, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Maybe the front seat but I have no clue what a "frons" seat is.

Comment

Originally posted by MPD-A9
                          I have heard theat the frons seat is cramped.
                          Compared to what? The 500 has alot of room up front.
                          The People's Republic of Massachusetts

Communications | Technology | Social Media
                          Twitter Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                            05 Camaro ???????? I thought 2002 was last year GM produced that car.
                            So if it's an 05 that would be highly unlikely ....
                            Ya I thought the camaros were done...such a sweet vehicle I may see the end of the crown vics...does anyone know if they are changing the crown vic at all for 2006...they have had the same carry over model for years...I bet the new Ford 500 will take over if Ford comes out with a strong lasting police package.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonforcewrtr
                              if you think the ford is nice you should see ours. A 2005 Model Camaro dressed up with lights and the original black and white colors
                              Wavin the bs flag here!!!!!!
                              In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6103 users online. 315 members and 5788 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X