Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shannon34
    replied
    I firmly believe in capitol punishment. I think that it should be considered in many more cases then it is currently being used.
    However I think Yates has a mental illness which prevents her from knowing right from wrong. She felt she was saving her children and that they all would be reunited in heaven.

I am in no way defending what she did ...it was the most disgusting and unspeakable of crimes. She was/is ill and needs treatment. Obviously her husband who kept breeding her did not care what happened to her psyche with each child she bore and did nothing about her illness as she worsened. This woman needs help that she will never get in prison and I do pity her.

Shan

Leave a comment:

• Piper
    replied
    Fry the bitch I say.

But she got life...I think that she won't last for all her sentence. There will be a time when there are no staff around...

Leave a comment:

• Jeffrey
    replied
    Klar, I don't think that your wife would be charged in the situation you stated. The reason the Yates' case is different is due to the fact that this was an ongoing problem. It seems that the husband wanted sex and kids, but he did not want to take any responsiblility for the kids. What I don't understand is this whole thing of living in a bus for years!? Did anyone see the Dateline special Sunday night? The husband seems very strange. He was laughing during interviews about how he threw a chair across the backyard when he first found out. He has also implied he is dumping her.

He made a statement somewhat to the effect of, I'm staying in my current house to remember my kids. It's kind of bitter-sweet.

Also, in most cases where the husband did care, he wouldn't hold a press conference virtually every other day. I think he should be charged as an accessory. Just my thoughts.

Also, DMS and SGT., thanks for bringing up that point, because I had not really thought about that. Death is the punishment in many instances for child molestors even though the judge gave them "life."

Leave a comment:

• klar
    replied
    Uhmmmm interesting question. I will have to thin on this for awhile. But it does sound like making parents responsible for thier spouses even if the spouse goes off the deep end. Like if I was to all of a sudden go crazy and start blowing people away Then sandie could be charged with the same crime because she knew that I was a little unstable and could have forced me into some place that would have drugged me all up and kept me from harming anyone at all. IS this right?

Klar

Leave a comment:

• Friday
    replied
    Mr Yates has been all over the "news" announcing that he is suing all the medical personnel he can find for not taking proper care of his wife's mental illness.

It has also been reported that 'he wanted as many children as God would give him'(paraphrase) and that's why they kept having kids after it was obvious the last 2 or 3 were giving her post-partum depression big time.

He takes no responsibility for her illness, or for leaving her alone with those children.

Why wasn't he on trial too?

The dog mauling couple are both on trial, even though the husband had left for work. He had knowledge of the dogs' dangerous tendancies, yet left his wife to take them outside, when he knew she had trouble controlling them. So, he was charged too.

Seems like the same principle would apply. Daddy Yates knew his wife was unstable and depressed, yet he left his defenseless children alone with her.

Friday

Leave a comment:

• Billywanker
    replied
    I caught the tail end of a CNN interview with one of her lawyers. Something about going for a misstrial because one of the jurors used an episode of L&O where a woman killed her baby, plead crazy but was'nt jury bought story. The juror used it as the "key" reason to find Yates guilty. Anybody heard about this or is it I who has gone crazy?

Leave a comment:

• SGT Dave
    replied
    DMS beat me to something that occured to me today-she might still get a "death" sentence. Those MAX security female prisoners will not be very kind to her, They are still wives and daughters themselves, and many will have nothing to lose.

Oh well...

Leave a comment:

• Badge67
    replied
    Well put Jeffrey. I couldn't agree more!!

Leave a comment:

• DMS 525
    replied
    That despicable frickin' witch knew damned good and well what she was doing, and had the sense and mental capacity to simply get away and seek help! And if her husband could not see that as well, he is a bigger fool than I already think he is!

So she got life in prison. Although I think she deserved to die(and would have volunteered to "pull the switch"), she won't have it as easy in prison as a lot of folks seem to think she will.
    She will have to spend her time in protective custody, or in a medical isolation unit. A lot of those women in prison are mothers, love their children, and miss them a great deal. And then to have someone like this evil witch put in among them? She'd be dead inside of a week!
    I don't know about you, but I don't think I could handle being locked inside of a small cell 22 hours a day, just to be let out to exercise in a small fenced in area, or to go to the shower, or other business, and have to look forward to it for the rest of my life.

Maybe she didn't get off all that easily.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffrey
    replied
    So, given those facts, how can the state put someone to death after they have been captured and are not an immediate threat to anybody?

Aren't they guilty of murder? Does the state have a different set of laws they live by?

What do you think about it? This question is troubling me. If the state has to live by the same laws then they are wrong and are commiting crimes.
    Mike, I am going to try to answer your questions. Being a Christian, I believe that the God has set up government to include the death penalty. If you want I can give you specific verses. I believe based on my study of the Bible that there are 3 different instances when a human has the right to take the life of another human: self-defense, capital punishment, and war.

Putting my faith aside for a moment, there is a difference between self-defense for the citizen and for the government. The government goes to war in self-defense, we may shoot someone when we are attacked. The government also has the responsibility of protecting its citizens. Capital punishment is one of those ways. When a person, without cause, takes the life of another human being, they have just forfeited their own life.

Murder is such a heinous crime that it warrents a swift and just punishment. I do not believe it is right to have a family member of the victim commense the process (as they do in many Middle Eastern Countries). This is vengance, not justice. Also, I believe it should be humane (ie, water tourture treatment probably should not be implemented). At the same time, I believe that all five methods of execution that we use here in the US (fireing squad, hanging, electrocution, gas chamber, and lethal injection) are humane. In Biblical times, stoning was the prefered method. This gives an indication that maybe some amount of pain does need to be administered. That's why I personally don't favor lethal injection, because it is too easy. If a person can bring on possibly hours or days of torture to another human being, they can suffer for a few minutes in an electric chair.

Now, here is why I believe Andrea Yates deserves death. She admitted that she had planned it in advance. This is murder in the first degree because it was premeditated. Second, she waited for her husband to leave before she did it. She obviously did have some level of mental capacity. Third, she dialed 911 immediatly after the fact. This indicates that she knew that it was wrong. If she had done something right, why dial 911? Yes, she was ill, but she was conscience enough to realize that she was committing a crime and therefore should receive death.

[ 03-16-2002: Message edited by: Jeffrey ]

Leave a comment:

• Blonde Heat
    replied
    Fry her!!!

Leave a comment:

• kateykakes
    replied
    Well said, Billy.

Leave a comment:

• Joseph
    replied
    I think they should drown her in a public square. I wouldn't hesitate to be the one to push her under if it was legal. Guess you know how I feel.

Leave a comment:

• Billywanker
    replied
    Originally posted by kateykakes:
    I still think she'll feel no remorse for murdering those babies.
    Although I could not prove it, I've met someone who had a baby drown that just does'nt add-up in my mind. One to many lie's and differant accounts surrounding these peoples story, make it suspicious.

This led me to do some research on the topic of parents murdering there kids. Not a expert or anything but the one common factor amongst these sick people, is the lack of remorse for the victims.

Most of "them" like the personal attention thrusted on them when they are pregnant, well the child is born that attention is given mostly to the child, the mother is basicaly out in the cold. Simply put when the child is no longer around a new attention is thrust apon the sick "mother" that of symphothy for the loss, once again they have a new "sick" attention focused on them alone.

So as long as she has the focus of attention feeding her selfishness, i.e. her mental illness its doubtfull she'll feel remorse for the children.

Leave a comment:

• kateykakes
    replied
    An eye for an eye...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2139 users online. 148 members and 1991 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X