300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting sick of the media..

you guys have to feel the same way.. I can't stand when the media turns thing's against the police. With one of those shootings on the main news page it says the guys shot and killed a gang member who reached for a WEAPON and police shot him.. but the media called it a "TOOL, (leatherman)" .. tool my *** that was a big knife. This is just one example of bs that has been getting on my nerves as of late.

sorry just ranting.. add if you wish.

Oh you gonna open up a whole can of worms here..

Screw the media.. They are not for or against the police.. They are for ratings.. Ratings and only ratings. If that means making the police look bad then so be it.. If it means making the police look good, then so be it..

Can you say "SENSATIONALISM" ? More like sensationalism run a-muck.

Ratings ratings ratings = money money money.. <
    Don't take it personally..

Comment

Originally posted by RobSlig
      Oh you gonna open up a whole can of worms here..

Screw the media.. They are not for or against the police.. They are for ratings.. Ratings and only ratings. If that means making the police look bad then so be it.. If it means making the police look good, then so be it..

Can you say "SENSATIONALISM" ? More like sensationalism run a-muck.

Ratings ratings ratings = money money money.. <
      Don't take it personally..
      Remove the word Police from the above and replace it with any of the following:

Priest, Politician, Trucker, School Teacher, Day Care center, Sharks,

Some thing that starts with the letter A: Something that starts with the letter B' ect,ect,ect.....
      Can anyone guess who's turn it will be tomorrow????
      Screw'em
      Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's beating a dead horse ................ It's been this way for decades

Comment

And it's not going to change anytime soon
          Straight Up

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up

Priest, Politician, Trucker, School Teacher, Day Care center, Sharks,

I think I would rather deal with the politicians then the media. They blow everything out of proportion. I would think a lot of cops are faster to ticket one of these media people then they are to ticket a politician. Granted there is times when they do help with a felony arrest warrant. But that is pretty much it. Kiss my *** media.

Comment

great book

If you are tired of the media bashing and want to read a good, pro-police book which cites facts about how police are doing a great job, read "Are Police Racists?" by Heather McDonald...
              If you wanna read a piece of crap by a left-wing, ACLU crybaby, 'failure as a police chief' read "Breaking Ranks" by Norman Stamper...A crappy cop, a crappy chief and a crappy book
              10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                I think I would rather deal with the politicians then the media. They blow everything out of proportion. I would think a lot of cops are faster to ticket one of these media people then they are to ticket a politician. Granted there is times when they do help with a felony arrest warrant. But that is pretty much it. Kiss my *** media.
                not where i used to work, i was gonna ticket a field reporter in her news wagon for haulin butt, 60 in 35, my fto wouldnt let me, "we dont need to give them a reason to write bad **** about us",,whatever.

Comment

Whatever generates the most money/publicity, they are going to print/show/etc...
                  How many people are going to read an article about a cop who shot a man who was reaching for a weapon?
                  How many people are going to read an article about a cop who shot a man who was reaching for a "tool"?

I am a Mass Communications major. Granted, my concentration is cinematography, but I still take journalism classes. It is very easy to see what they do, and why they do it. They have been doing it for years.

Comment

I think you may have misinterpreted what Straight-Up meant. He simply meant that any given day the media will pick on one of those other groups, NOT that those other groups would be picking on the police department.
                    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

I was involved in a search and rescue last year where a tragic happened. And only thing the media wanted to do was get in the search area just to take pictures. They even trade to sneak in. Just to add more grief to the family by showing this search is going on. There is certain issues they need to know, just the the tip of the iceberg. Just to say this is what is going on, so you don't have to check it out yourself.

Comment

There is certain issues they need to know, just the the tip of the iceberg. Just to say this is what is going on, so you don't have to check it out yourself.
                        Many years ago I worked construction, there was an accident one day where a man died. The media came in and done a story

About the only part they got right was the man died. even after talking to us, they just made up a story.

issues they need to know??? they knew the man was dead before they got there
                        Straight Up

Comment

What I mean about what they need to know is what is going on, what happened, etc. Just enough so the public doesn't start wondering and come to the scene of the accident or whatever the case may be. But I also do understand if they get don't get all the information involved, then they start making crap up. Stupid freedom of Press, Freedom of Speech.

Comment

Please see the second quote of my sig line. Note the dates.
                            "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5227 users online. 339 members and 4888 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X