Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluntforcetraum
    replied
    I was planning on picking up one of the Springfield XDs and I wasn't completely sure what cal. to get it in. It will be my first pistol. I plan to use it for carry and put some range time on it. It comes in 4 different cal. 9mm, 357sig, 40cal, and .45GAP. I havn't heard too much about the .45GAP but I do like .45ACP nice stopping power. 357sig was pretty expensive to feed. Ive never shot a 9mm or 40cal.
    Has anyone shot a .45GAP?
    Im pretty sure its a .45ACP shortened to the length of a 9mm. I don't know if it would be a good choice based on ammo availability.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• zap
    replied
    ....you will probably get this thread moved...but here goes.

I just finished reading an article on the myth of one shot stops. In their research they found no noticable effect on the gun or ammo the officer was using. But, even 6 shots with a 45 might not drop a BG.

That said...I was not comfortable with a 9mm for duty carry so switched to a 40 for the academy. I can shoot it well...and am more confident in it's ability to penetrate and bleed out a BG quicker than the 9mm.

My perception is all that is important. If I feel comfortable that I can put the rounds on target fast enough...I know I can win. Period.

Leave a comment:

• toby101
    Guest replied
    40cal, even more anything less then that if you carry it for LEO purpose you will be out gunned by the suspect. (At least in some areas.)

Leave a comment:

• Bluntforcetraum
    started a topic 9mm or 40cal?

9mm or 40cal?

What do you prefer?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3633 users online. 263 members and 3370 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X