300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mourgent
    Probably because I am not a very experienced shooter, but I prefer 9mm due to the fact that I can control the recoil better and put more shots where I want them to go. So I guess for me 9mm works better, since bullet size doesnt matter if you can't hit your target .
    I thought the same thing. Try a Glock 22c (.40). I shot both the 22c and the 17 (9mm) back to back and to me the have the same kick therefore target aquisition time was the same. Took the .40 coming from a Sig P229 .357-no comparison.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
    Ronald Reagan

Comment

Nothing wrong with that logic at all. A hit w/ a 9 is better than 7 misses w/ a 45.

Originally posted by mourgent
      Probably because I am not a very experienced shooter, but I prefer 9mm due to the fact that I can control the recoil better and put more shots where I want them to go. So I guess for me 9mm works better, since bullet size doesnt matter if you can't hit your target .
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

The 40 Cal Glock is the standard issue for NT Police in Australia and has been for a number of years now, I like this weapon and have never had a problem with it. Most other Aus Police use Glock 9m.

Dave

Comment

I'm not going to say I'm a gun freak and that I own a bazillion of them, BUT I do own a Glock 23 (Compact .40) and a Beretta Model 92 (Full-size 9mm) and my department issued me a H&k USP .45. Each of them are great. I use the .45 on duty (obviously) and the .40 when in aminstrative status and off-duty. My wife enjoys shooting the 9mm.

I am a good, not great, shooter and have been through hundreds of hours of shooting training with several different weapons. The most important thing I've learned is find what you are comfortable with. I would feel comfortable using any of the three weapons listed for on-duty carry. I prefer the .45. I can hit the target. The mags hold 12 each. And it makes a bigger hole.

If I couldn't hit the target with the .45, I would carry one of the other two.

Hit the target first, then worry about the size of the hole, ballistics, etc.
          If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an *** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1897 users online. 147 members and 1750 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X