300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 130:564

That's the ratio of available nursing school openings to applicants......and my daughter is one of the 130 that got accepted!

Words will never be able to express how proud I am of her.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Wow, what an accomplishment! Good for her! I'm sure you are proud!
    We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
    but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

Awesome -- congratulations!
      "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

My wife is a nurse. We don't live in teh metro-Atlanta area, but we are close enough that the hospitals around here have to pay Atlanta type salaries. Every few months she gets a letter saying that her pay is being adjusted to match market rates. Her normal hourly rate is more than my overtime rate.

Congratulations to her. She'll be able to make a good living wherever she goes.
        "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

Congrats! My wife is starting school for nursing. She is going to school part time. It is going to take her 3-4 years.
          Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Aww, that's faaaaaabulous!! I'm sure you're thrilled for her!

Comment

Congrats..that's awesome.
              "You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas."
              Davy Crockett

Comment

Now that is something to be proud of. Our college here in Washington has one of the best nursing schools in the nation and the waiting list to be accepted is long. Good for her. She must be thrilled.

[ 06-18-2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: AutumnAngel ]
                Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

Comment

Good deal. And when she starts making some of those overtime paychecks, you'll be even prouder, huh? Co-workers wife got her nursing credentials last year & she's already a supervisor knocking out what he makes a week in just three days. Of course, that's three lo-o-o-ng days doing things I have no desire to do.

Comment

Congrats shooter, good for her. CA has quite a nursing shortage. Nevertheless, the local community college nursing program changed from taking the most qualified applicants to picking by lottery from the applicants that meet the basic requirements. It's supposed to increase diversity or something like that. What it has increased is the dropout rate.

[ 06-18-2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: PelicanDriver ]
                    Paul

Comment

When I seek medical care I'm far more concerned with diversity than quality.... Oh, congrats to your daughtrer Shooter!
                      Bill R

Comment

Nothing greater than when those little human beings you were sure were never going to make it to see 12, let alone graduate from from school do good. Makes a papa proud !!!!

Comment

Congratulations, Shooter

I wish her the best and hope she enjoys school.
                          Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

J[email protected]

Comment

Congrats to you and your daughter !!! I had no idea you were old enough to have an adult daughter!!!!
                            Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Thanks guys!

BTW....just today, my daughter received word that she GOT another scholarship she applied for. It's enough to cover what her primary scholarship doesn't(out of state tuition, books, etc), so YIPPIE!!!

Fastie......I'm a 19 year old trapped in a 42 year old's body. LOL My daughter just turned 19.
                              "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
                              -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4181 users online. 194 members and 3987 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X