300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Interview With Chief of Police

Hey, found out today that I have my final interview with the chief of police tomm at 10am. Thanks to all that have help along the way, any suggestions would be nice lol

shine your shoes, were a suit *not jeans and wife beater*, if youre not there 15 minutes early then youre late, be personal - not a robot, and make sure your hands arent too sweaty. GOOD LUCK

Comment

good luck....i have my first oral board on 30th.

Comment

Good luck.
        "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
        Matthew 11:28

Comment

Good luck!!
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
          and I'm not sure about the former.
          -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Best of luck. Dress professional, be polite, try not to drool (it looks bad), oh yeah best of luck.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Don't tell him how good you think you will look sitting at his desk in 5 years.
                Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
                  Don't tell him how good you think you will look sitting at his desk in 5 years.

Bummer, I was going to say that lol... Funny thing is, the city I am interviewing with tomm doesn't have a police chief, he just the intrim lol

Comment

Be yourself. make sure you've researched the city that you are applying for. There is a chance that a city manager, etc. may sit on the interview tomorrow and may ask you questions about the city. i.e.; tell me why you wanna work in this city, what attracted you to the city, etc.

Wear a nice suit, nothing fancy, i would go w/ black w/ a white shirt. simple tie. Have a clean shaven face and wear a college/military ring if you have one.

Good Luck!!

oh yea, make lots of eye contact...that shows confidence
                    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

I am in the process of switching departments to finally go to my dream department. I had my chiefs interview yesterday morning. It seemed to go very well actually. Of course, the normal questions about and I/A from the past and what I would do differently if anything... but overall I think it went well. There was a certain part of the investigation that he said looked like the I/A investigator was out of his mind for even putting on paper. My B/I called and said I got it, but I do not take anything as official until it comes from administration. Best of luck. Just relax, dress sharp, keep your answers short, consice, and BE CONSISTANT.
                      In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I am off to the interview, I'll let you all know how it went tonite when I get off of work.

Thanks again,

Timothy

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                          shine your shoes, were a suit *not jeans and wife beater*, if youre not there 15 minutes early then youre late, be personal - not a robot, and make sure your hands arent too sweaty. GOOD LUCK
                          Good advice.

Make sure you shake his hand firmly!

...I hate limp wrist hand shakers...

Comment

Well, my interview went better than I got ever imagine it to. We talked as if we had know each other for a long time. Thanks again for the advice and I will let you know where it goes from here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oSutrooper
                              Well, my interview went better than I got ever imagine it to. We talked as if we had know each other for a long time. Thanks again for the advice and I will let you know where it goes from here!!!
                              OUT FREGGIN STANDING,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6354 users online. 343 members and 6011 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X