300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUI Stops

I was reading the post about the guy eating his underwear, and then another eating an air freshener, so do any other leos have any interesting things like that, that have happened on traffic stops?
    si vis pacem para bellum

I had a guy drink hydrogen peroxide after his blood test trying to throw off his BA level.
    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

That is too good...My last ride along we found a lady passed out behind the wheel with the engine running and an open container between her legs on the seat...but according to her she wasn't dui because she hadn't been drinking and wasn't driving...said she was gonna get the leo i was riding with fired for wrongful arrest...fun times....so was that guy foaming at the mouth after the peroxide?
      si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
        I had a guy drink hydrogen peroxide after his blood test trying to throw off his BA level.
        And he didn't die after that? Do people just keep this stuff in their car?

I knew a person who tried to drink half a large bottle of mouthwash to get the smell of alcohol off his breath. He smelled minty fresh, but the alcohol in the mouthwash put him over the .04 limit and he got a 24 hour suspension. I told him he should have just chewed gum, but no, he wouldn't listen. He would have been fine had he listened to me.

Comment

I got out with a vehicle sitting stationary at a green light at about 3 AM. The driver was passed out at the wheel with the foot on the brake. After putting the car in park and turning off the motor, I woke the guy up and asked him for his license. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of little baggies of marijuana and handed them to me. He suddenly realized what he had done and tried to take them back, but ended up dropping them all over his lap. What a goober!
          God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
            And he didn't die after that? Do people just keep this stuff in their car?

I knew a person who tried to drink half a large bottle of mouthwash to get the smell of alcohol off his breath. He smelled minty fresh, but the alcohol in the mouthwash put him over the .04 limit and he got a 24 hour suspension. I told him he should have just chewed gum, but no, he wouldn't listen. He would have been fine had he listened to me.

So if you nailed a friend for DUI if you got a job how would you handle that? Coach him through how to beat the system? I hate to sound like I am after you but it seems like you don't respect the job you yourself are wanting to do.
            si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

I had a DUI traffic stop about two weeks ago, and this guy was all over the place thank God it was about 2 am in the morning. When I made contact, the vehicle was just reeking with whatever he was drinking.

To make the story short, I arrested him for DUI. I searched the vehicle and found a case of Corona, expecting to find some beer inside instead I found some fresh fish. And guess what, I towed the vehicle for 12 hrs hold with the fish inside, just imagine the kind of stench those fish will do to that car when he finally sobered up. It was steaming hot here in Chicago at that time too.
              "Don't be an Idiot - Use your common sense!" - Freakapino

Comment

i had one guy eating toothpaste while is was writing his cite, i really didnt smell anything on first contact, but when i walked back up to the car, that got my suspicion going. and he was dui.

Comment

Originally posted by 00svtlightning
                  So if you nailed a friend for DUI if you got a job how would you handle that? Coach him through how to beat the system? I hate to sound like I am after you but it seems like you don't respect the job you yourself are wanting to do.
                  NO! I'm very anti-DUI! .04 isn't DUI here and this guy was below .04 and his mouthwash put him over .04. You get charged with a DUI after .08. You just get hassled way too much here if you even smell like you had a drink. One drink won't even put the average person at .04. It takes myself alone takes two drinks for .04. Just stop picking on me. Leave me alone!

Comment

NO! I'm very anti-DUI! .04 isn't DUI here and this guy was below .04 and his mouthwash put him over .04. You get charged with a DUI after .08. You just get hassled way too much here if you even smell like you had a drink. One drink won't even put the average person at .04. It takes myself alone takes two drinks for .04. Just stop picking on me. Leave me alone!
                    you can still be arrested for being intoxicated even if you are not at .08 bac, if you are impaired, then you are impaired.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                      you can still be arrested for being intoxicated even if you are not at .08 bac, if you are impaired, then you are impaired.
                      Yes, I know that. I'm not arguing with the fact that he got his license suspended for 24 hours. I'm arguing with the fact that even though he WASN'T impaired, he still tried to cover it up using mouthwash, which only made matters worse. I told him not to for that reason and to chew gum instead if he didn't want to get into some sort of hassle with the police officer.

Comment

Yes, I know that. I'm not arguing with the fact that he got his license suspended for 24 hours. I'm arguing with the fact that even though he WASN'T impaired, he still tried to cover it up using mouthwash, which only made matters worse. I told him not to for that reason and to chew gum instead if he didn't want to get into some sort of hassle with the police officer.
                        okay, but i still agree with the previous poster, that said your attitude is that of anti officer, you tell someone how to cover the odor on their breath, my gosh, sounds anti officer to me, you are trying to help them out, when they put themselvs in that position, SELF RESPONSIBILITY is a good thing, it is not your place to tell someone, you kknow what, never mind, you keep being the good citizen that you are, roll on sister.

Comment

I see what your saying Spee. In making fun of idiots all the time I ask "Why didn't you just .......?" I don't know what sort of charge you gave this guy, but he deserved it for being stupid anyway, whether he was drunk or not.
                          "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                            okay, but i still agree with the previous poster, that said your attitude is that of anti officer, you tell someone how to cover the odor on their breath, my gosh, sounds anti officer to me, you are trying to help them out, when they put themselvs in that position, SELF RESPONSIBILITY is a good thing, it is not your place to tell someone, you kknow what, never mind, you keep being the good citizen that you are, roll on sister.
                            Do you know what it's like to have the majority of your friends turn on you because you phoned in one of your friends on a possible DUI and are such a "mean" person for it? Well, I do, so just stop. I'm not anti-officer; I'm anti-******* officer.

Comment

Do you know what it's like to have the majority of your friends turn on you because you phoned in one of your friends on a possible DUI and are such a "mean" person for it? Well, I do, so just stop. I'm not anti-officer; I'm anti-******* officer.
                              do you know what it is like to arrest a friend, ohh, no ,, you dont, so lose the pity party, and besides that who gives a rats *** what others think about you, if you do, well forget every other reason why you have no business in law enforcement, just on that one alone, you dont need to be anywhere around police work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5936 users online. 349 members and 5587 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X