Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBomb
    replied
    I've been called a Fighting Whitie for quite some time now!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jeffrey
    replied
    Threat Level RED! Mike's back!!!

Leave a comment:

• mnrez
    replied
    OH OH Please I want to play!!!!!
    I want to be a Fighting Whitie too

REZ

Leave a comment:

• Mike Tx
    replied
    Certain folks in Frisco TX have complained to the school board that the schools mascot name 'Fighting coons' is racist and should be changed, so it was changed to 'the fighting racoons.'

Leave a comment:

• Bravo8
    replied
    Unfortunately we seem to have idiots in every group, be it race, ethnic, social, family, or any other group of people. I for one fail to see any intelligence behind the issue.......and this coming from a Injun. I call myself Indian, and sometimes Native American. I don't take offense when someone makes a joke about my ancestry. So why should I be offended by some team nickname?

Some people just ain't happy 'les they're bitchin'!

Leave a comment:

• Pigskin
    replied
    The Washington Native Americans just doesn't sound right, does it? Or how about the Atlanta Native American Young Men? Nope, just not dramatic & tough enough. I'll be a Fightin' Whitie. No, wait, I AM a Fightin' Whitie.

Leave a comment:

• klar
    replied
    What ever happened to "cracker"? I think some of the native americans have gone way over on this but I can see some of thier points. I think having a team mascot is just that a mascot they all can not be the same boring neutral names we have too many schools for that.

Klar

Leave a comment:

• Darth Tang
    replied
    I prefer 'Honkey' myself....

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    I heard the news story the other day....... I've got no problem with it.

Leave a comment:

• Zamboni
    started a topic I wanna be a Fighting Whitie!

I wanna be a Fighting Whitie!

This has got to be the most humorous thing I've seen in the news lately. I assume you all know what I'm talking about so I'm not going to go into details.

I think this whole thing is going to have the reverse effect that the Indians hoped for. I'm white and not offended. I actually like the nickname. I want one of their t-shirts and I'm not being sarcastic.

The whole issue is ridiculous. I don't have a problem with removing names like Squaw since apparently that is akin to a derogatory black name which I probably couldn't get past the internet censors here but the issue with team nicknames is stupid.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1923 users online. 118 members and 1805 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X