Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That place is a train wreck just waiting to happen. If that idiot Kilpatrick wins a re-election then screw the citizens they asked for what's comming their way.

The officers need to unite and stop writing tickets and slow their responce times for a week and let both the public and the city council feel the impact on the city's operating budget.
    Slow down? I walked into a hamburger place a few weeks ago. The lady at the counter said they were robbed the prior week by a guy with a shotgun. They called the police and it took them two hours to get there despite the fact that there was a car a block away. In any reasonably run police department, as soon as the call came in, the dispatcher would have asked for any available car to take the run, the car two blocks away would have dropped what they were doing and handled it. Not in Detroit. Not now, and not at least for the past 15 years. The "slow down" mentality is partly to blame for the state Detroit is in. "Slow" in Detroit is pretty much S.O.P.

As far as Kilpatrick, the voters knew what a scumbag he was the first time they elected him. They still elected him and should have known then they were going to reap what they sowed. I hope they do elect him again. You can't PAY for that kind of entertainment. Check this out:

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/police_c...ng_minutes.htm

Comment

Slow down? I walked into a hamburger place a few weeks ago. The lady at the counter said they were robbed the prior week by a guy with a shotgun. They called the police and it took them two hours to get there despite the fact that there was a car a block away. In any reasonably run police department, as soon as the call came in, the dispatcher would have asked for any available car to take the run, the car two blocks away would have dropped what they were doing and handled it. Not in Detroit. Not now, and not at least for the past 15 years. The "slow down" mentality is partly to blame for the state Detroit is in. "Slow" in Detroit is pretty much S.O.P.
      Are you kidding me!!!!

If that is the case then screw them. I was under the impression that the street coppers actually did their jobs!

I can not even imagine someone pulling that crap in my department. We would kick their as$es ourselves.

That department needs an enema.

Comment

wow... I hope that city works things out for the officers.....
        ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
        -- John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Code3kd
          Are you kidding me!!!!

If that is the case then screw them. I was under the impression that the street coppers actually did their jobs!

I can not even imagine someone pulling that crap in my department. We would kick their as$es ourselves.

Detroit has a crime rate over twice the national average, mostly due to violent crimes. Murder alone is about 8 times the national average. I can only imagine how demoralized and unmotivated those officers are, and I don't blame them, I sure as sh*t would never work there. But saying they don't do their jobs seems a little unfair. Their citizens keep them plenty busy.
          http://detroit.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm
          Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Here is the link to view the Detroit PD pay scales:

http://www.policepay.net/detroit/wage.htm

Who wants to work hard at those wages in Detroit. Flint is even worse, but thats not some sort of surprise either. I read Ella Bully-Cummings bio on the DPD web site. She was actually brought back to the PD by Kwame Kilpatrick after she had already retired and went into a law practice. Oddly enough she was in charge of the special services units. Bully-Cummings commanded the department
            Last edited by USP45FAN; 08-26-2005, 06:52 AM.

Comment

As bad as it is, there are still plenty of cops who would have gone after the hold-up man if the run would have come out immediately. I think that particular case had more to do with the 911 operators and/or dispatchers and how priority runs are handled than it did with the cops 2 blocks away not wanted to get involved.....But I still think you're right about the enema...

Comment

Detroit is a DAMN dangerous city to be the Police. I live about an hour South in Ohio, and we get a good amount of thier " run off" I cant imagine what that city is gonna be like once they lay of that many coppers. Looks like I am either getting rid of the tigers season tix, or buying Extreme Armor for the family
                Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Comment

Well I am sure after the way Detroit has treated Jay Morningstar, The State Police will be glad to help, not!

Comment

Well I am sure after the way Detroit has treated Jay Morningstar, The State Police will be glad to help, not!
                    How did Detroit PD handle Jay Morningstar?

Comment

I wonder if any Detroit Police Reserves will earn the name "scab" by "working" the Super Bowl when there are a few hundred cops laid off???? Methinks they will.

Comment

http://www.wxyztv.com/wxyz/nw_local_...763624,00.html

for the story on Officer Morningstar.

The Michigan State Police are currently recruiting for their next Class which is in October of 2006. Hopefully I will be able to get in shape by then.
                        Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

"The Michigan State Police are currently recruiting for their next Class which is in October of 2006. Hopefully I will be able to get in shape by then."

Well there goes my chances of getting in with the Michigan State Police in 2006, any word on future classes?

Comment

Sorry

I feel deeply sorry for those officers, they deff. do not deserve this. The city should be ashamed.

Comment

I know the story on Morningstar, which is why I was wondering about the implication that the Detroit PD treated him badly. What did the DPD do wrong?

Comment

so the net gain now is 100 officers with soem cut backs and re ordering... i have to hand it to them , they made the best out of a bad situation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4363 users online. 250 members and 4113 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X