X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dance party broken up by police ..

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Dance_pa...in_Utah%2C_USA

anyone else read this?

Interesting article...seemed a little one sided to me...talking to all the dj's and party people, but nothing from the big bad police. Pretty ironic people are condeming the police actions due to video thats unclear and of poor quality. Doesn't sound like the party was legit to begin with, and busting all the innocent little kids with booze and drugs....hmmm
    si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

I agree it seems very padded against the police. "they pointed scary guns at us" get real.

Comment

What was with SWAT dressed like they were coming from Iraq? I dont know about in Salt Lake City but here SWAT (called Emergency Services Unit) just wears dark blue BDUs. Wouldent dark blue BDUs have sufficed?

IMO the raid was justified and im not all that suprised about the drugs and resisting arrest, much less not having a permit; here you need a permit for parties of 200 or more and block parties. Much of my generation thinks we can just do away with organized law enforcement and just have anarchy. Meanwhile if that ever happened the anarchy dudes would be the 1st to create their own police force to enforce their "rules".

Comment

If they were expecting weapons to be present and people to be resisting i can see the reasoning behind the uni's. plus who knows what their protocal for that sort of thing is
          si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Here's the SO's take.

http://www.co.utah.ut.us/News/DeptNe...System=SHERIFF
            Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

yah the party sounds a bit sketchy, and it seems like they did recover a lot of weapons and drugs, plus stopped a lot of people from driving home, i say job well done. the best line of the whole incident tho, "get out now, or I'll kick your *** in jail." haha, classic line

Comment

This is causing a lot of crud on other message boards. People saying how usless officers are.
                Sometimes I wish we could just cut out all emergancy calls and see just how usless law enforcement is

Comment

Wonder what would have happened to the girl that overdosed on e if the police hadn't shown up. probably would have died....then it would have been the police departments fault for not catching that it was going on.
                  si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by 00svtlightning
                    Wonder what would have happened to the girl that overdosed on e if the police hadn't shown up. probably would have died....then it would have been the police departments fault for not catching that it was going on.
                    of course, when we show up and break up a party like this we are viewed as ******, but if we sat by and did nothing, we would be viewed as lazy, you can't win with the general public

Comment

got to love the general public. There are too many lawyers where I live that feel the same way, the big bad police are always picking on the poor kids who are just out to have a good time breaking the law, until those kiddies get hurt
                      si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by 00svtlightning
                        If they were expecting weapons to be present and people to be resisting i can see the reasoning behind the uni's. plus who knows what their protocal for that sort of thing is
                        Are we talking about the Utah County Sheriff or the US Army? I understand the need for SWAT teams and the need to use them at this event but I dont see the need for wearing the same exact Woodland BDU uniform complete with helmet as the US Army.

Comment

What are they supposed to wear? baseball hats? All it would take it one well placed rock or bottle to cause a nasty injury, all I was saying was maybe they are expecting an unruly crowd, which it sounds like they got. I'd want to have all my bases covered too. just my .02
                          si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                            Are we talking about the Utah County Sheriff or the US Army? I understand the need for SWAT teams and the need to use them at this event but I dont see the need for wearing the same exact Woodland BDU uniform complete with helmet as the US Army.
                            WHAT?!

I don't think I've ever seen a SWAT team member WITHOUT a helmet. They're necessary to their safety, especially in a situation with hundreds of drugged out ravers.

As for the camo, WHO CARES WHAT THEY WEAR? What possible difference could that make? Who cares if they're wearing camo, navy blue, black, or hot pink?! They're there to get the job done, protect the public, and enforce the law. Uniform color is completely immaterial.
                            Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
                            Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Sounds like a good job done by the Utah County SO and allied agencies.
                              Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5281 users online. 295 members and 4986 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X