Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Phoenix? (criminal justice)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Phoenix? (criminal justice)

Is anyone on here taking classes at the University of Phoenix online? I am in an online completion program with Franklin University and was thinking about changing. They offer a Criminal Justice Program. If anyone has any information please share it. They don't post the amount of tuition on their web site so I was thinking it must be high!!

Thank you

Shannon
    [email protected]

I have been taking courses with UOP for about 2 years and each class I take is approximately $1400 dollars. Yes it sounds high, however its about average when you consider a lot of colleges charge between $200 to $400 a credit hour and since UOP's classes are all 3 credit hours, you are paying about $425 a credit hour. You can't beat the convience though of not leaving your home and the curriculum and the instructors are top notch.
    God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

FPS1588,
      Thank you for the reply. Is your major Criminal Justice Administration? Did you transfer a lot of credits into the program? I have 99 credit hours now.

Thanks

Shannon

Comment

I have not taken any classes there but have friends who have. It seems a little high yes but it is probably one of the best online colleges out there.

Comment

I agree

Mark,
          Yes I agree with you. I think it is rated the number one online school.

shannon

Comment

If you are interested in a career in law enforcement, you could better spend your time studying a field other than criminal justice. Think about something more abstract like psychology or sociology. You'll learn all the legal principles you need at the academy and in field training.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Check out Columbia Southern University. It's where I'm getting my BS in Criminal Justice Admin. It's a lot cheaper that UOP; classes are about $400 each.

http://www.colsouth.edu/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3256 users online. 152 members and 3104 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X